Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:24 am

"Epic" is a word that has been corrupted/altered (depending on your opinion) in the Internet during the past decade. Nowadays it might even be a substitute for awesome, great etc.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:04 am

Very true, however, when you relate it to a show like TTGL and PSG here, I would have thought it was obvious what I meant with that word, guess not :lol:

Personally, when I use it in reference to things outside of poetry, to things that are awesome in a way that awesome just doesn't describe, that's just me though.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 pm

I detest the way the vernacular definition of "epic" has become so lenient that people refer to things like short stick figure fights and cartoon expressions as such. The word certainly doesn't have the connotation that it used to, and things that truly are epic in scale suffer for description because of it.

I almost avoided Scott Pilgrim vs. the World because of its tagline.

(Aw, do I have to get back on topic so soon?)
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:55 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:I almost avoided Scott Pilgrim vs. the World because of its tagline.

That's really too bad.

Too bad that you almost avoided it. You'll never get those two hours back.

Better luck next time.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:22 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:Too bad that you almost avoided it. You'll never get those two hours back.
Four hours, actually. I watched it again two days later. Soon to be six when the Blu-ray comes out.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:48 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Four hours, actually. I watched it again two days later. Soon to be six when the Blu-ray comes out.

What kind of sick bastard are you.

Scott Pilgrim was appalling and fucking terrible film

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:04 pm

I detest the way the vernacular definition of "epic" has become so lenient that people refer to things like short stick figure fights and cartoon expressions as such. The word certainly doesn't have the connotation that it used to, and things that truly are epic in scale suffer for description because of it.

I got a funny story about this actually, when I was at the gainax panel at anime central, one of the people in it went on a rant about how the word epic has been abused. Then as I was leaving it, on the way back I passed this dude with a mohawk. Someone nearby commented saying "Dude! That guys mohawk was epic!" Had a good laugh at that one.

An anti-establishment message is "deep"?

Well I said the show is beginning to turn into a deep anime between that theme and the stuff that went on in episode 5, didn't say it was there yet. But if this trend continues, I can see it happening. I do see some seeds of character development being planted here.

I think Breifs genuinly cares for panty, but right now, at best she sees him as a potential one night fling (at up until the end of ep 6) and much more often as an annoyance. So I'm kinda hoping we have more episodes that expand on that.

I hope we get a GAINAX ending.

Panty and breifs end up on the beach getting strangeled , in the background you can see a giant afro floating in a sea of cum. Yeah that's how its gonna be.

EoTV > FLCL. As much as I like the latter's hyperkinetic form and lolfreud content it doesn't stand strong against Anno's brilliant and experimental mindfuck that doubles as a great summary of the psychological and philosophical aspects of NGE.

Personally I liked flcl at bit better then eotv, but just a bit as those are my first and second favorite anime series. EOE actually would fit well in the type of epic definition that's being thrown around here.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SenorSquiid » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am

View Original PostOz wrote:EoTV > FLCL. As much as I like the latter's hyperkinetic form and lolfreud content it doesn't stand strong against Anno's brilliant and experimental Powerpoint Presentation that doubles as a great summary of the psychological and philosophical aspects of NGE.

Corrected.

TIDE: God I love this show. This is why I got into animation in the first place.
fnord

---
I will never stop trashing Magma Diver.
Ever.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Panty and breifs end up on the beach getting strangeled , in the background you can see a giant afro floating in a sea of cum. Yeah that's how its gonna be.

That's crazy enough to actually be probable, considering all the other crazy parodies the show has made thus far.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:That's crazy enough to actually be probable, considering all the other crazy parodies the show has made thus far.

I'd prefer Stocking disintegrating and Brief becoming a hobo.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 pm

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Maybe this

Meh.

I´d rather have an explanation why Panty and Stocking fell from the heavens and constantly have the urge of satisfy their simple human needs excessively (Sex, sweets).

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 pm

^ Jooooooke. Derp.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:I'd prefer Stocking disintegrating and Brief becoming a hobo.

While the TTGL route would be pretty awesome, it would not be nearly as profound as the EoE ending.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:12 pm

I'd be satisfied if the last episode was in black & white and if their long-lost brother introduced near the end turned out to be an impotent cyborg.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:14 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I´d rather have an explanation why Panty and Stocking fell from the heavens and constantly have the urge of satisfy their simple human needs excessively (Sex, sweets).

This.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I´d rather have an explanation why Panty and Stocking fell from the heavens and constantly have the urge of satisfy their simple human needs excessively (Sex, sweets).

The latter is explanation for former

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:While the TTGL route would be pretty awesome, it would not be nearly as profound as the EoE ending.

Technically speaking, there's no reason you couldn't have both.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 am

some random /a/non wrote:Information from the Panty & Stocking "Shibuya Galaxy Live-Drawing" event to which Sushio, Nishigori and Shigeto Koyama attended:

-Sushio himself supervises the CG car scenes and even draws over them, using a tablet, at times to make it look more convincing.
-The fighting style of Scanty and Panty is afectionately called by Sushio PanKata (Panty+GunKata)
-Are the Demon Sisters as slutty as the PanSto sisters? "*laughs* Look forward to upcoming episodes for that answer."
-What are the names of the weapons and the vehicle used by the Demon Sisters? "Tomorrow, their character profiles will be uploaded to the official site. Look forward to that".
-Nishigori tells people to buy this month's NewType magazine, "there is a new illustration featuring both the PanSto sisters and the Demon sisters, I put a lot of effort into it, so please look forward to that".
-Yasunori Miyazawa animated the final explosion in episode 11 by Imaishi's request. Imaishi said "Only Miyazawa can do it!"
-The idea behind Daten City's flag is to look like a mix between America's flag and Japan's flag.
-"Because here at Gainax we take breasts very seriously, this is the breast-size ranking in Panty & Stocking: Scanty > Stocking > Panty > Kneesocks"
-They would love to use the transformation sequence every episode, but they can't because they have to make every minute count. Episode 6 was an exception since they wanted to use it to contrast with the Demon Sister's transformation.

Source:
http://kamome.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ani ... 80/614-616

Because here at Gainax we take breasts very seriously

oh you GAINAX, I love you so much :lol: :lol:

(a/non reformulation was even more awesome:
"We here at Gainax take breasts very seriously. As industry-leaders in animated breasts and breast-physics, we feel it is our duty to provide only the finest breasts our fingers can muster forth." :D)

And because this was the most important part of the interview this is worth quoting too:

Anonymous 11/10/10(Wed)10:38 No.42286686

>>42286120
>-"Because here at Gainax we take breasts very seriously, this is the breast-size ranking in Panty & Stocking: Scanty > Stocking > Panty > Kneesocks"
The original Japanese made the point that Scanty's boobs are waterdrop-shaped while Panty's bobs are more circular. The effect of larger natural bobs.
釣り鐘型のスキャンティ>お椀型のストッキング

:D

The promised character profiles spoken of:

(I can't into moonrunes so I still have no idea what is the name of the car, of course...)

Lol'd at Kneesocks's "Death Note"

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 pm

From my noob skills, I can read something like Jisutoringu
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”