Scene in Xmen (The Movie)

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

akda1ndaonly1
Adam

Scene in Xmen (The Movie)

•      
  •      

Postby akda1ndaonly1 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:29 pm

Don't know where this kind of topic belongs so I thought this was the most fitting.

Well, I just saw Xmen the movie (I think it was the first one that came out) and I thought it was interesting when the scene with the Senator and Storm came up. He was dying and then Storm saw him die.

What I thought was interesting was that when he died, he just dissolved into clear liquid. Which kind of reminded me of EoE when people became into LCL.

Anyone else seen that part?
"-Deus ex machina. -What? -Our saviour."

- Donnie Darko

The Sandman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Sandman » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:52 pm

Yeah I seen that movie. I don't know the meaning of that scene at that time. But now I think I know what that scene remind me of. When he dissolved into liquid it my mind took me back to episode 20 when that LCL overflowed from Unit-01.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:01 am

That's a debatable part of the movie. The characters thought he died, but it was possible that he just turned into a mutant that could turn into water or something, and just conveniently dissapeared.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:23 pm

He did die, he returns in X2 as Mystique...

Another movie w/ a blatent Eva plug is One Hour Photo - the toy Williams gets the kid is a mass production Eva... I just thought it was cool to see a bigish movie w/ some Eva in it - anyone else see this?

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:12 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:That's a debatable part of the movie. The characters thought he died, but it was possible that he just turned into a mutant that could turn into water or something, and just conveniently dissapeared.

Yeah. When I first saw that, I said aloud, "Hurry up and get a sponge!"

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AuthenticM » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:12 pm

I doubt this is an intentional referance to NGE.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”