Anno's Animator Expo

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:14 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:^ If collateral damage happens in that area. As the film ended, the explosions still didn't seem to penetrate the muffled sound barrier of the walls. But even then, seeing as how Shinji has survived the exact same situation in Ha, the only variable that wouldn't keep her alive in this case is her lack of the Main Character status.

Zeruel makes a loud explosive sound when it rockets Unit 02 off of its AT Field. I think that's the sound we heard as the screen faded out since it immediately followed the spike launcher.

Seele-01: Where the heck ARE the shelters located in the Geofront? Unit 02's head slams right one it but we never see if it's a bunker or what's going on. I always assumed they'd be buried under the floor of the Geofront or into the walls of the cavern.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re My post above

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Sorry for redundant post, I didn't think to look in this sub-forum for on-topic -o-;

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:53 am

I've not gotten around to watching this one yet, but the reactions on /a/ last night were a hoot. One butt-flustered /a/non kept making threads like "where were you when Evangelion became homosexual propaganda?" (everyone reminisced about March 1996) or "... when Evangelion died?" (disagreement over which of the Rebuilds that was).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Re My post above

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:59 am

View Original PostShin-seiki wrote:Sorry for redundant post, I didn't think to look in this sub-forum for on-topic -o-;

I thought it was delightfully meta.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the film itself, I felt that the CG just looked like CG and rather plain at that, and was correspondingly disappointed in the visual aspect of it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:00 am

The characters were animated almost entirely with CGI IIRC, and as good as CGI is getting now it doesn't look good behind a nice background. It was only 6 minutes I wounder if they were rushed.?

Also I just realized Anno's name doesn't appear anywhere in the production credits. Just goes to show it didn't need to be Eva.

WetRats Analysis- http://youtu.be/fn4LfocEuH0

It's pretty short, but I did really like their Analysis of the entire series and it's worth hearing their thoughts on this short. Also just trying to help a small YouTube channel.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:04 am

Well, I caught up with the Animator Expo -- mostly forgettable really, with a couple of acceptable music videos.

As for the Impacts -- well, that's a name which would probably have been about as tasteful as if there's been another half dozen of them, and they'd called themselves the Nine Elevens. The "Bam!, let's kiss" came without any sort of build-up, making it feel totally gratuitous.

EDIT -- there was a hint of NGEverse lore, in the one specific mention of parents was one of the girls' father. More motherless children from class 2-A?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Preview for Movie 33 is up. It's Kazuyoshi Katayama's "Ragnarok," and it features robot designs by Yutaka Izubuchi!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Animation Production: Bridge

Another outside short.

http://animatorexpo.com/news/122

<Story>
This is the story of the future a little bit ahead.
The Japanese representative robot, demonstrated at the venue of The International Giant Robot Exhibition in Odaiba, goes out of control due to an unknown cause and destroys buildings around the venue.
The police and Japan Self-Defence force cannot stop the robot, and the American and Russian robots are sent out to save the situation along with the request from Japanese government and the exhibition association office.
However, because of the horrible power of the Japanese robot, a fight has begun between them.
They fire missiles and shoot energy beam, which should not be loaded, and the area around the venue becomes a battle field.
The UK, Chinese and German robots become victims of the circumstance and jump into the battle.
The situation gets into a battle royal.
Who will be a survivor?

So now we know where all these designs in the trailer are from:
SPOILER: Show

Which leaves us at:

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:28 pm

So this is the one where the guy cosplaying as Unit 01 shows up right?

Edit: I think I would have liked 'the impacts' better if they were a heavy metal deathlok style band.

I do think the concept of an ongoing series set in the rebuild universe told from the point of view of non-pilots would be interesting.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:33 pm

^ Yes. And reading the edit you made I also with the second part too. Impacts didn't really provide us much except that people knew they were in danger and that Shinji's school accepted being Homosexual, which is about where we are State wise in 2015, don't know about Japan as of right now.

So it's Cassette Girl and the TBD that are left. Wow Season 3 seems to be by far the quickest season. Though considering that the first two season were 12 and this last one is 11 we might see an unexpected short after 35 to even things out.

Or they just end at 35.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:06 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Preview for Movie 33 is up. It's Kazuyoshi Katayama's "Ragnarok," and it features robot designs by Yutaka Izubuchi!

The title comes from a Norse myth. Ragnarök or "Doom of the Gods"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar%C3%B6k
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:19 pm

I rather enjoyed Impacts really, kinda reminds you that the world exists beyond the main characters of NGE/ENT. Also the subtle hinting that it ends during the Zeruel engagement was a nice touch.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:08 pm

It's out.

http://animatorexpo.com/ragnarok/

Reminded me of the old Transformers cartoon movie. Nothing to special but got a kick out of the several references spread throughout it.

Also the Unit-01 Cosplay is not in this short.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:29 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Also the Unit-01 Cosplay is not in this short.

Oh but it is.

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:35 pm

*Eats Words*

I missed that...

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:41 pm

What a small cameo! :lol:

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 pm

I noticed that detail after re-watching the short.

Is this a reference to anything? (I'm relatively new to anime)
http://i.imgur.com/UMiUPij.png
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Interesting..... that's all I gotta say. Not one of the shorts that is going to stick with me.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:11 pm

I loved this short so much. Giant robots, sexy girls, cosplay. All this thing is missing is beer and hot wings.

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:52 am

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:I noticed that detail after re-watching the short.

Is this a reference to anything? (I'm relatively new to anime)
http://i.imgur.com/UMiUPij.png

I think it's a reference to Expo' 70 held in Osaka, it could be a robot version of the famous Tower of the Sun! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_the_Sun

I've noticed that the music is
"MARCH EXPO'70"
Composer / Arrangement Masaru Kawasaki

And the tagline/theme for the robot expo is
PROGRESS AND HARMONY FOR ROBOTS

while the one for Expo '70 was
Progress and Harmony for Mankind

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”