Forum Wackiness [Alerts Only]

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:16 pm

View Original Postvito wrote:https://38.media.tumblr.com/266f302041e9314fc9e2fa808d3c8279/tumblr_nhc9njmIEa1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

Wasn't accepted for some reason, never had problems with tumblr before and their links are pretty straight forward.

All images are pre-fetched in order to cache the image dimensions, if the forum can't fetch the image when you submit a post, it gives you an error.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:17 pm

I think tumblr itself is having some issue. I couldn't get a batch of pics to upload to Imgur.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby vito » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 am

Odd is that my local share site also doesn't work anymore

http://shrani.si/f/2N/Kw/3ASduDRH/47831795p0.jpg

imgur is problematic because it tends to recompress the images and you have to be extra careful and double check, since there's no warning.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:34 am

"shrani.si" is resolving to a "Telekom Slovenije" IP address, and eventhough I'm not blocking any packets from there, packets are getting dropped. So either they're blocking us, some switch between us is dropping the packets, or there's nothing on the other end listening to our requests. It looks like what may be happening is the DNS is returning an IPv6 address, which is a dud, nothing's listening on that address. So after that timed out, it tries the IPv4 address, which works.

So I've changed the getaddressinfo preference settings to prefer IPv4 over IPv6 (default). Though, this is something shrani.si needs to fix, if they're going to provide a DNS answer for IPv6, and not listen to requests, it's going to break for a lot of other people, too.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:41 am

There might be something wrong with the [Preview] feature.

This recent post of mine refused to display a preview if I went beyond 4 lines of text.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:25 am

There's a known issue with non-ASCII characters like £ that breaks preview.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby vito » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:01 am

Still no go with tumblr, is there really no way to fix it? :(

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:14 am

i would appreciate a fix to this too, uploading to twitter is kinda meh considering the like 5 people who follow me (as in my friends) dont want to be seeing a bunch of eva fanart on their dash upon waking up.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 am

Test

looks fixed now.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:34 am

Ty Ornette :marihearts:
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:29 am

For some reason, some words of the forum aren't showing up as such as links to individual threads or pages unless I place my cursor over them or highlight the area(though you can still access them). And even if I do that for some of them, only a few of the letters show up as if someone is playing a game of hangman. I wonder what's going on?

EDIT: Now everything looks back to normal. Now, I'm wondering if it was something on my end? Other sites I went to tonight looked okay.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 am

The forum's search function is taking forever to load.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:31 am

There seems to be a bug with the preview option. Sometimes it doesn't show me any text at all.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:33 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:There's a known issue with non-ASCII characters like £ that breaks preview.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:42 pm

I feel like this has been mentioned before, but the signatures feature a scroll bar, and do not appear entirely. This is on Google Chrome.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:52 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I feel like this has been mentioned before, but the signatures feature a scroll bar, and do not appear entirely. This is on Google Chrome.

This would be on account of people making their signatures bigger than the imposed vertical limit.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Getting a weird thing where I can't quote after posting in a thread. Anyone else have that?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:21 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Getting a weird thing where I can't quote after posting in a thread. Anyone else have that?

As a moderator, you could freely double-post, but no longer. Hence if your post is the last one, you won't be able to quote, because quoting = creating a new post = starting the process of double-posting. It's kind of stupid, since just initiating the quote dialogue isn't the same as submitting it as a new post, but... eh. :waddle_shrug:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:25 pm

That makes sense. I always add quotes to my post that way to save time, but I guess I just have to manually add them from now on. It's weird being a regular member now.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 pm

I noticed that problem at first too--was definitely perplexed by it! Maybe the eventual forum software upgrades will fix it?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”