So...if you are banned?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:23 pm

Look upon their works ye mighty and despair

http://evageeks.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=565
http://evageeks.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=574
http://evageeks.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2559
http://evageeks.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1879
http://evageeks.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=163
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:30 pm

I actually remember him from my lurking days.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Kaysow » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:46 pm

I remember Executor. What exactly was that ban administered for? It's got to have been a single instance of a monumental screw-up, right? Like I was once permabanned for calling a mod's raving zionist girlfriend on her bullshit.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:46 pm

And you can't make a new one, because the Moderators know your I.P. Address.

Actually they could if they logged onto other computers to make new names, I'm not sure how well a proxy IP works on this though that may also work. Fortunatly Phillipcult and other hard core trouble makers like him were too dumb to figure out how to do either of these things.

Imperialist you contribute little if anything to the Eva discussion on this site and pretty much all of the admins in the hidden forums as well as many of the rest of us have all admitted you are more of a nuissance than anything; it's not Ornette, it's all of us, Ornette was just told to tell you.

No you gotta keep imperialist around for comedic value! I mean just look at the stuff he's tried to do, he tried to start a real life evil empire based off of Evangelion fandom! Where else can you find stuff that wacky? I'm telling you if I had the budget I would fly to Japan just to make a documentary about this guy and other militant anime fans. But unfortunatly thats not the case. Anyway imp don't be offended by the fact that I find you comedic, it is much better then being considered a nusence right?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:48 pm

No you gotta keep imperialist around for comedic value!

I come to this site is for Eva discussion; I don't come here for messageboard games.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Nor do I come here to play spectator to mindless military-Otaku ramblings and delusions of grandeur.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:17 pm

by a shocking co-incidence, neither do I :D
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:18 pm

you know what, that PhillipCult character reminds me of birdy

@ Kaysow

in regards to Executor(/20XD6_Tyrant) be enlightened via the search feature

go here too:
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85784#85784
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:21 pm

The Imperialist wrote:Can't reveal too much, as there aren't that many hy....no. Not saying.

:lol;

V wrote:Imperialist you contribute little if anything to the Eva discussion on this site and pretty much all of the admins in the hidden forums as well as many of the rest of us have all admitted you are more of a nuissance than anything;

The Imperialist does know Japanese well enough to translate stuff, however - and aren't we in need of translators?

The Imperialist wrote:Has anyone got banned for more than a month?

I was banned for around a year.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:46 pm

I am sorry, ‘for comedic value’. If I was that funny, I would be the school stand-up comedian, but everyone laughs at anyway. And me, a nuisance? And I have NEVER been useful. I see, so that is how I am being viewed as. And I being a ‘nuisance’ as such deserve Ornette to bugger me about which posts of mine he deleted through the PM. He didn’t even have the decency to keep in one message. He also claimed that there are two other people they are keeping tabs on, but I bet that doesn’t include the few people who keep on sprouting nonsense, as they are there for ‘comedic value, that even takes the humour of the admins’. If I get banned for this post, that just proves that somebody is going against me personally.
I really sound like a prick don’t I? Well, that is my ill-feeling spelled out (partially), and I usually do not wish to sound like a prick as much as I could, but this really is a threshold , as so many people are speaking ill-feeling about me, without stating logical reasons, or anything to back it up with, never mind considering if I meant it or not.

Next point: The only grand thing about me is that I realise that I am not grand, and militant-Otaku or not, if you don’t want to be spectator, you don’t have to. It is my opinion, and I do not wish to be completely ‘sniffed upon’ where they haven’t even said about their own opinions. Never mind being polite about it.

Now, I wish I do not have to say more, as it is getting too ugly, and I really need to do more urgent things instead of wasting my time arguing on such matters.

Zugawang, thank you.

Now on a nicer (not too sure, but oh well) note, why are those people still not given a chance anymore? Is it like a cardinal sin that they are beyond mercy?

Post Scriptum: If anyone takes offence, please forgive me.
I feel old

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:39 pm

I heard about the other two people are that Orentte's keeping tabs on (not naming names since it's not my place/business anyway), and apparently it's because that they've both been spamming/going off-topic a lot.

Spam or going off topic isn't really taken that well around here as of late. Though personally I think a way to somewhat prevent it is if the Forums would have a Rules section just like the EvaMonkey Forums used to have. *shrug*
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:45 pm

I sometimes post not KNOWING that it is becoming off topic, and all the blame goes to me. *sob* Its so unfair.
I feel old

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:51 pm

If it makes you feel any better, though I've never been banned, I have posted off-topic before too. More so when I was a newbie here, though it still happens from time to time.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Sailor Awesome Dust wrote:I think a way to somewhat prevent it is if the Forums would have a Rules section just like the EvaMonkey Forums used to have. *shrug*

Having a rules section didn't seem to put a dent into Executor's spam-a-thon.

Something tells me the worst offenders wouldn't even bother to read it if it was there anyway. It's still a good idea to make one, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day you can't change who people are. Spammer's are spammer's are spammers; and that's that.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:32 pm

You don't believe in human goodwill then.
Detailed rules would be nice though.
I feel old

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I heard about the other two people are that Orentte's keeping tabs on (not naming names since it's not my place/business anyway), and apparently it's because that they've both been spamming/going off-topic a lot.

I can't help it, spam is fun...
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:39 pm

but I bet that doesn’t include the few people who keep on sprouting nonsense, as they are there for ‘comedic value

Most of them aren't really that funny though which I think is the problem there and why they fall into the nusence catigory. It's like they try to be maggotmaster and fail. I would explain why they aren't funny and why certain other people are what I would consider to be funny whether its intentional or not but I think that'd be going a bit off topic here.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Logan Payne
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Logan Payne » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:48 pm

The Imperialist wrote:You don't believe in human goodwill then.
Detailed rules would be nice though.

They are see Article 9.a Section XI Sub Article 22c and Note 32

"We like topics...stay on them like a mechanical bull"

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Where is this ‘rule’ which you typed, eh?
I feel old

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:41 pm

The Imperialist wrote:And I being a ‘nuisance’ as such deserve Ornette to bugger me about which posts of mine he deleted through the PM. He didn’t even have the decency to keep in one message.

Well, I didn't expect to have to send you any PMs, as I thought that my first warning (and the second PM I sent the day after) was clear enough. The reason why you got 2 PMs, was because I read posts, I saw one that was spam, deleted it and sent you a PM. A little while after that, in another sub-forum, I see another spam post, deleted it and sent you a PM. That's why you got 2.

He also claimed that there are two other people they are keeping tabs on, but I bet that doesn’t include the few people who keep on sprouting nonsense, as they are there for ‘comedic value, that even takes the humour of the admins’.

Strangely, after I sent the warnings, I have yet to delete or prune any of their posts.

If I get banned for this post, that just proves that somebody is going against me personally. I really sound like a prick don’t I? Well, that is my ill-feeling spelled out (partially), and I usually do not wish to sound like a prick as much as I could, but this really is a threshold , as so many people are speaking ill-feeling about me, without stating logical reasons, or anything to back it up with, never mind considering if I meant it or not.

To tell you the truth, you're name has been brought up for possible warning several times in the past, and for whatever reason, no warning was issued. There was a point where you were actually contributing to discussion, but the signal to noise ratio these days is just too small. I'm sorry that we didn't issue the warning earlier, to "clue" you in on what you were posting, sometimes some of the moderators aren't around; however, the reason for whatever animosity whoever else feels toward you is not MY fault, nor the fault of any of the moderators, the ONLY thing they have had to go on in order to construct any opinion of you whatsoever is your POSTS.

Next point: The only grand thing about me is that I realise that I am not grand, and militant-Otaku or not, if you don’t want to be spectator, you don’t have to.

Unfortunately, a line has to be drawn at some point. I could keep starting topics about Formula 1 seasons, engine statistics, the McLaren/Ferrari scandal, aero kit upgrade per team, the fuel mixture temperature regulation, etc. But if nobody else seems to care, all these topics are pointless. I don't even need to start such topics because I know nobody else probably cares eventhough I am a fanatic, afterall, this is an Eva forum. Instead, I can go to planet-f1 and other places and talk about this stuff with thousands of other fanatics. It's a lot more fun that way. Speaking of which, weren't you the one that constantly posted the same (relatively the same) message in the ShinjiXHand thread saying how you think it's dumb?

Now, I wish I do not have to say more, as it is getting too ugly, and I really need to do more urgent things instead of wasting my time arguing on such matters.

Now you understand how some of the moderators feel (and not specifically toward you).

Now on a nicer (not too sure, but oh well) note, why are those people still not given a chance anymore? Is it like a cardinal sin that they are beyond mercy?

Yes. Until further review has been made. Some of them are clearly not interesting in contributing to the forums, they will probably never be welcomed back, since they probably went and found better places to play message board games anyways. Others are just being malicious. They are simply not welcomed.

Post Scriptum: If anyone takes offence, please forgive me.

This is the internet, I'm surprised you even take offense to what has been going on in this thread.

Where is this ‘rule’ which you typed, eh?

It doesn't exist, it was a half joke.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”