Nice to finally meet Carl Horn at the AWA Eva Panel...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Nice to finally meet Carl Horn at the AWA Eva Panel...

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:41 pm

So I made a last minute decision to book a flight, hotel, and car rental to attend Anime Weekend Atlanta. Even though it's nowhere near the scope of a Con like Otakon, it did cater to my two biggest interests, Evangelion and AMVs (and AWA really knows how to do AMV-related activities RIGHT!). I have now added AWA to my yearly Con tour schedule.

First of all, I'd like to thank Carl for hosting such an interesting panel. You'd think that there was really nothing to say to about an anime that's 10 years old. It is definitely not true in the case of Evangelion. Carl had a guest Chris (?) at the panel. He was quite an interesting person. He offered a cynical point of view on certain things about the series and the ideas surrounding it. I loved it. It was refreshing to say the least.

I recorded most of the panel and plan on editing it a bit. Once I am done I will post the clips for download for anyone interested. The commentary was really fun. Carl and CB certainly had a very humorous and informative session.

Oh, the raffle was also nice. Carl gave away some cool stuff like a Japanese magazine featuring Rei and Kaworu on the cover, a few fans, and a poster. He also passed around some cool Eva related material for us to look at as well as pimping the EvaMonkey site. :D It was a nice flyer.

Anyway, here are some pics I took. The video will come shortly. Hopefully I'll get it done and uploaded by this weekend.

Carl and CB.

Carl writing in his diary. :wink: No, he was really autographing a fans book.

Here are some of the cool show and tell items passed around (2015 and the Daicon books).

Of course I didn't win anything at the raffle. I missed one of the prizes by 1. :evil:

Since I had a half hour before driving back to the airport I visited the dealer room. Curse Sunday Con sales. The only thing limiting me besides time was the limited space in my suitcase. Some of the deals were just too good for me to pass up. Ugh...

I picked up the entire manga set since it was 30% off. Now I get to see what the ruckus between the anime and manga is all about. Also, the Eva Kaiyodo micro figures were 20% off ($4 usually) and one of the vendors was selling a few of them for $1....shweeet. I couldn't pass that up. Oh, the October Newtype is out for any Angelic Day collectors waiting out there. I also picked up a few non-Eva things. :shock: :lol:
Alex D.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:03 am

Well I for one am interested in the recording, if only to find out what goes on at these events.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:14 am

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Well I for one am interested in the recording, if only to find out what goes on at these events.

I plan on breaking them down to smaller sections so that people with limited bandwidth can download a piece at a time and decide if they want more.
Alex D.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:17 pm

Were the "materials" once again limited to the clammy hands of the first few people in the front rows? Carl, you can tell people not to spend too much time browsing that stuff; you're allowed, you'll prevent people like me from feeling guilty, and more people will get to enjoy them.

That's a nice room. I wish the one in Anaheim had been darkened. It felt like sitting in Cloth World. Don't you just love that feeling? :D

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:21 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Were the "materials" once again limited to the clammy hands of the first few people in the front rows? Carl, you can tell people not to spend too much time browsing that stuff; you're allowed, you'll prevent people like me from feeling guilty, and more people will get to enjoy them.

That's a nice room. I wish the one in Anaheim had been darkened. It felt like sitting in Cloth World. Don't you just love that feeling? :D

I tried to spread them out; this time I also brought a 1985 General Products* catalog with a short manga by Anno (Anno can draw characters, not just mecha—he just almost never does, these days). It wasn't directly EVA-related, of course, but I thought it might be kind of fun.

—C.

*Gainax's old merchandising company, called "Grand Prix" in OTAKU NO VIDEO.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”