Rei's soul(s)

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

LPeyrani
Embryo

Re: Rei's soul(s)

•      
  •      

Postby LPeyrani » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:37 pm

So Rei II would be different from her iterations (more passive) because of the existence of the 00, keeping part (or all) of Lilith's soul?

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Rei's soul(s)

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:51 pm

Sort of yes. In way you could say that Rei II is kind of "broken" in that her soul has been fragmented and siphoned off between herself and Unit 00.
Last edited by SawItAtAge10 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End
The Beginning and the End

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:19 pm

View Original Postscorpew wrote:Before Contact Experiment with Eva-01 by Yui, Yui made a wedding card with an angel with blue hair. Perhaps Yui, during Contact Experiment, materialized the idea of her daughter like that, and that's why Rei was 'born' that way.

I always thought of the blue-haired angel being what Yui saw herself as, as a sort of personal fantasy from childhood or something else. But Yui thinking of her daughter with blue hair works too.

@LPeyrani : yes, that's more or less what it appears to be.

By the way, all of Yui's soul is in Eva-01, that's confirmed. Rei I probably had 100% of Lilith's soul, Rei II and Eva-00 split the soul (in whatever proportion) and Rei III appears to have the whole of it again (maybe).
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX.
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”