How powerful was Kaworu?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
xdiesp
Adam

How powerful was Kaworu?

•      
  •      

Postby xdiesp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:33 pm

When I first watched the series, last century, I was under the impression that Kaworu was basically invulnerable and omnipotent. Until he decides to sacrifice himself.

But maybe I was wrong, was his AT field eroded by the Rei up there? Or actually crushed by EVA 01? Discuss.
SOUND ONLY

Gamer137
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer137 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:01 pm

His AT-field is the strongest recorded up to that point by NERV, so he is the strongest of the Adam line short of possibly Adam himself. Though his blow up an entire continent AT-field may have been altered somehow by the human expedition since details of it are still unknown.

Anyway, Kaworu is pretty much invincible compared to Unit-01 because he believes Adam is at Terminal Dogma. When he finds out it's actually Lilith, he gives into his feelings for Shinji and pretty much surrenders. I don't think Rei's AT-field actually eroded Kaworu's, but instead the two fields just stays side-by-side since it did not actually do anything except get Kaworu's attention.

Tycho
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tycho » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:15 pm

yeah, I think he essentially lowered his AT field willingly (he's the angel of free will after all, or something) to Shinji, both literally (that way EVA01 physically destroyed Kaworu's body) and figuratively (the way he confessed his inner feelings/last wish to Shinji).

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Did you guys miss the part where a second ATF as strong as his shows up and neutralizes it (obviously Rei's doing)? Without the ATF he's just a squishy little person, no threat at all to an eva.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Gamer137
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer137 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:40 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Did you guys miss the part where a second ATF as strong as his shows up and neutralizes it (obviously Rei's doing)? Without the ATF he's just a squishy little person, no threat at all to an eva.

My memory is fuzzy, but I don't remember Rei's field neutralizing Kaworu's. I think it just formed and coexisted with it without doing anything. It sure got his attention since he spotted her, but I think he dropped his field on his own accord.

xdiesp
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xdiesp » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:37 am

Here's the transcript:

Misato: Status?

Makoto: That's A.T.Field.

Shigeru: Another A.T. Field similar to the previous one generated
around the terminal dogma.

Maya: Invading into the barrier.

Misato: Does it mean another angel?

Shigeru: No way.
No, cannot confirm.
AH! I mean, vanished.

Misato: Vanished?
Angel?
SOUND ONLY

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 am

If Kaworu fought a berserk Eva-01, who would've won?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Yui, of course, because she has mastered the [s:fwpsb30o]Plothax[/s:fwpsb30o] Force.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Kaworu wants you to collect all his Dragon Balls.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:00 pm

I think he's stronger than Gohan up until the Cell Saga, but after that I think Goku could beat him. Kaworu's definately stronger than Frieza by that point, though.

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Did you guys miss the part where a second ATF as strong as his shows up and neutralizes it (obviously Rei's doing)? Without the ATF he's just a squishy little person, no threat at all to an eva.

I thought Rei was just there to stop him in case Shinji couldn't...? Even if we assume Unit-01 could easily beat Kaworu, Shinji's been unwilling to hurt people before. Rei would know that and be prepared to stop Kaworu in the event no one else could.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:54 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:If Kaworu fought a berserk Eva-01, who would've won?
I guess he already kinda lost to Shinji non-berserk.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 pm

View Original Postplanet news wrote:I guess he already kinda lost to Shinji non-berserk.

Kaworu gave in to Shinji. Shinji wasn't an objective threat. If he continued, he'd melt with Lilith, or everybody would die from the self-destruction of the Central Dogma.

xdiesp
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xdiesp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:21 am

I wonder how they would effectively combat Kaworu if he went guerrilla inside the geofront. Sneaking around the structures where the EVA can't fit, or have to destroy walls to get in. Until the place is swiss cheese.
SOUND ONLY

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Kaworu wants you to collect all his Dragon Balls.

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:I think he's stronger than Gohan up until the Cell Saga, but after that I think Goku could beat him. Kaworu's definately stronger than Frieza by that point, though.

Perhaps we should consult Vegeta's scouter about Kaworu's power level.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:04 am

No need to. Kaworu's power is obviously maximum.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:30 pm

I can't decide: who is the most powerful character in the show? Kaworu, Berserk Eva-01, or Lilith and Adam if they had their souls back?

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:47 pm

I get the feeling that post-Zeruel Eva-01 is endowed with powers (both fruits that is) that ensouled Seeds can only half match. Lilith, Adam and Tabris all fall into the latter category (with their souls that is).
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm pretty sure Lilith would count as a single Seed. If she was Giant Naked Rei-level powerful, then that just raises more plot inconsistencies.

The strongest entities in the series are probably the ensouled Adam and Lilith, who should stand on equal ground.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:16 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:No need to. Kaworu's power is obviously maximum.

If Kaworu's power is maximum and Broli's power is maximum, who would win??

I'd pay to see a Kaworu and Rei bitch fight.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Halicat wrote:I'd pay to see a Kaworu and Rei bitch fight.

Great, now you've just inspired 200+ Evangelion fanfiction writers. :)
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm not sure at all about it, A.T. fields have been depicted as layered in NME, I'm not sure if you can say that it's possible to extend the same thing to NGE (I'm already imagining a chorus of "NOOOOOOOOO"; of course Zeruel didn't seem to have a similar A.T. field in NGE and there's no ground to say that this idea was present originally).
Anyway even if you don't accept that they could be "layered" (especially the more powerful ones like the one Zeruel and Tabris) once Rei entered inside his A.T. field her own A.T. field disappeared (it's in the dialogues quoted by xdiesp) and at that point nothing was neutralising Kaworu's A.T. field any more.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”