What anime are you watching right now? May07-Feb10

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:21 pm

I rented the boxset of Cowboy Bebop in the mail and I have plans to watch it soon. I hope it awesome as people said it is since I only seen the movie and a few episodes.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Shinji-kun
Banned

Postby Shinji-kun » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:10 pm

i_Love_Asuka wrote:
Shinji-kun wrote:Azumanga daioh is hilarious. Did you see the part with basu gasu baku hatsu?

yeah, but i think the best part is where the lesbian girl wich is in love with Sakaki-san (damn i could say here name a thousand times but i lost it right now) looks at the pictures of Sakaki from the summer break vacation, and the part in the same episode where Chiyo-chan gets her "flashback" of her special driving experience...

You mean Kaorin? Yeah Yukari sensei's death defying driving was great. Remember when Osaka said Chiyo would get mugged if she studied in America? :clap:

Guyver Spawn wrote:I rented the boxset of Cowboy Bebop in the mail and I have plans to watch it soon. I hope it awesome as people said it is since I only seen the movie and a few episodes.

It is, the music is amazing and the characters are great. It's episodic though, so there's no plot besides the characters dealing with their pasts.

Soljer13
Banned

Postby Soljer13 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Macross Plus, Seto no Hanayome, Kanokon.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

Postby scarmullet » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Guyver Spawn wrote:I rented the boxset of Cowboy Bebop in the mail and I have plans to watch it soon. I hope it awesome as people said it is since I only seen the movie and a few episodes.

Did you rent Remix? If so, watch out for Disc 4...Remix Vol 4 is a high risk for rot.

I'm Watching Fruits Basket (giving it a Second Chance)
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Starting Ergo Proxy. I already have a crush on Re-L. She's purrrty.

Lol, attractiveness aside, I like the new take on robots and society (or reclothed? I haven't read a lot of philosophic books, so perhaps the sights and sounds seem new only to me and not to someone older, like...um...anyone else here), and I'm definately glad I listened to...erm...whoever talked about Ergo Proxy in the first place.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 pm

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Starting Ergo Proxy. I already have a crush on Re-L. She's purrrty.

Lol, attractiveness aside, I like the new take on robots and society (or reclothed? I haven't read a lot of philosophic books, so perhaps the sights and sounds seem new only to me and not to someone older, like...um...anyone else here), and I'm definately glad I listened to...erm...whoever talked about Ergo Proxy in the first place.

I'm the one that was raving on about Ergo Proxy :P. And yes Re-L is pretty (and she looks exactly like the chick from Evanescance).

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:30 am

Jay911 wrote:Spice and Wolf season 2 and Haruhi season 2 (the latter of which is a bit maddening).

Sure is fucking maddening. Episode 8 has aired and gone, and we're still repeating the same thing ever since episode 2? Jesus. I hope they aren't seriously going to repeat this reoccurence 8 times are they?

ANd i thought they would end this by the time episode 8 rolled around. How very wrong i was....... Though Haruhi's swimsuit ass was nice to look at. The only redeeming feature in this past episode.... :wink:

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:03 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Starting Ergo Proxy. I already have a crush on Re-L. She's purrrty.

I've also been watching the continuing adventures of Re-L and her fantastical Eye make-up. Although she seems kind of a bitch to me... well that's harsh, very dogged and determined is probably closer the mark.

It's still a very DARK show, even in well lit rooms it's dark. I liked Vincent Law's transformation from a seemingly bumbling side character into a handsome melancholy co-lead, however unlikely it seemed.

If I'm honest though my favourite character is Iggy. It's impossible to hate that robot, he's just so lovely.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:15 am

master_lloyd wrote:I liked Vincent Law's transformation from a seemingly bumbling side character into a handsome melancholy co-lead, however unlikely it seemed.

Yeah I was really pleased with that as well.

master_lloyd wrote:If I'm honest though my favourite character is Iggy. It's impossible to hate that robot, he's just so lovely.

FALSE. Pino is 10x cuter than Iggy. XD (or have you gotten that far??)

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 am

Ergo Proxy was a cool show. I thought the writing was well done for the most part, up until the very end where it sort of collapsed in on itself. The whole Proxy question is sort of resolved, but it offers little in the way of what exactly Vincent's whole deal was to begin with.

As for Vincent himself... well... I really couldn't take him very seriously. His angst-ridden transformation into a god-like being sent his character status into the realm of the clichéd stranger--his bumbling foolhardiness was a redeeming quality, but he was still too ridden with angst even in those scenes. Pino, Iggy, and the Chief's unmitigated psychosis really kept the series strong, though. It balanced everything out and created an enjoyable experience, even if a lot of the references felt like the creators of the show were reaching for something that they just didn't quite achieve.

I just rewatched Angel Cop, and I've been borrowing DBZ seasons from my friend and rewatching that whole series. I borrowed Goku: Midnight Eye on VHS tape last week & subsequently searched Amazon for a DVD copy but came up with nothing. Anyone know if that was ever released on DVD?
I'm still only a few episodes into Kare Kano, but I'll finish that eventually.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 am

schismatics wrote:
master_lloyd wrote:If I'm honest though my favourite character is Iggy. It's impossible to hate that robot, he's just so lovely.

FALSE. Pino is 10x cuter than Iggy. XD (or have you gotten that far??)

True (I'm on ep7), but when he was reunited with Re-L he was sooo cute, like a robotic humanoid dog. And it doesn't stop me liking him as a character. I hope he doesn't get the cogito virus and go crazy, or if he does, just get the whimsical strain that Pino seems to have.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:11 pm

Ergo Proxy was one of the worst animes I've ever seen and I totally dropped it.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Ergo Proxy was one of the worst animes I've ever seen and I totally dropped it.

you should be carefull with saying such things...
i've never seen Ergo Proxy so i have no oppinion but it will not take long or every fan of EP will be in your neck...
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

Soljer13
Banned

Postby Soljer13 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Gurren Lagann is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen

Im probably gonna die for the stated above.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm

I just watched Akira for the first time.

That ending was sooo O_O.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 pm

^lol, everyone says that
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Shinji-kun
Banned

Postby Shinji-kun » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:54 pm

schismatics wrote:I just watched Akira for the first time.

That ending was sooo O_O.

That anime movie was epic.
SPOILER: Show
Remember the trippy bear scene?

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Shinji-kun wrote:That anime movie was epic.
Remember the trippy bear scene?

That was soooo coool but sooooo creepy!

Shinji-kun
Banned

Postby Shinji-kun » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:10 pm

What about that scene were
Tetsuo turns into blob.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Did you rent Remix?

The remix since the only boxset that my video store has.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Return to “Old Stickies”