Maybe this is where Anno came from...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

Maybe this is where Anno came from...

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:46 pm

Apperantly, there's an asteroid named after Anno. Accoring to legend, only a piece of this asteroid, his original home, can make him lose his incredible writing powers.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:09 am

Then it must have hit him right between the eyes just before he sat down to start making rebuild.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Duke
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Duke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 am

To gift him with such a great idea.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 am

View Original PostDuke wrote:To gift him with such a great idea.

I don't think that's generally what happens when one is hit by flying space debris. I hate to break it to you.

Duke
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Duke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:43 am

generally

If that's not what generally happens, then there's a fraction of the time when it does happen.

Gamer137
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer137 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 am

That asteroid contains the real life Lilith, giving Anno the Fruit of Wisdom inside his own head. That explains everything!

And Gerard Butler has the Fruit of Power.

Zenithfleet
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zenithfleet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:25 am

View Original PostGamer137 wrote:That asteroid contains the real life Lilith, giving Anno the Fruit of Wisdom inside his own head. That explains everything!

And Gerard Butler has the Fruit of Power.

So who has the Fruit of Courage?

...I'll get my coat.
Proud fan of the ADV TV dub.
And the on-air episodes.
And Magma Diver.

Sorry.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 am

Folks, this is the ultimate piece of Gainax merchandise. Start working on your personal space programs now.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I'm pudding my bet on a time warp. Mmm... pudding.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 am

It says it was discovered in '94, though, which was before Eva. Why would someone want to name it after Anno before he became Japan's biggest troll?

Duke
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Duke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 am

Killer Bee, it has an alternate name listed in the information panel on the right.

Wikipedia wrote:Alternate name(s) ... 1994 VY

going by this, it was probably (re)named after Anno sometime after it was originally discovered.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Time warps are like women: Never there when you need them.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am

View Original PostDuke wrote:Killer Bee, it has an alternate name listed in the information panel on the right.

going by this, it was probably (re)named after Anno sometime after it was originally discovered.

So... no time warp, then? :rei_blush:

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

all kidding aside, i have to say... this is freakin' awesome. :toothy: otaku WIN. :thumbsup:

crap, i'll have to rethink my list of names for celestial bodies i discover, now. seems like "Asuka" has been bumped a spot. :tongue:
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

KLVTZ
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby KLVTZ » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:53 am

What about if we had an evageeks comic named after the site?
"It's good to be open minded......but not so open that your brain falls out."-physicist Richard Feynman

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Re: I'm pudding my bet on a time warp. Mmm... pudding.

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:It says it was discovered in '94, though, which was before Eva. Why would someone want to name it after Anno before he became Japan's biggest troll?

Well, he had already directed Gunbuster and Nadia so he was somewhat famous already by that time.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 pm

This Thread = :thumbsup: WIN
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:37 pm

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:This Thread = :thumbsup: WIN

Awwwwww. :tongue:
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

Evangelion Unit-187
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion Unit-187 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Then it must have hit him right between the eyes just before he sat down to start making rebuild.

ZING
...unfamiliar ceiling.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”