Asuka entry plug figurine-model

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Flyvapnet
Embryo

Asuka entry plug figurine-model

•      
  •      

Postby Flyvapnet » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:08 pm

There's an "action figure" thread, but since this isn't an "action figure" I figured (sorry) I'd best make a separate thread. Plus, it's actually a figurine-model combination.

Please click on the image to view its full size.

Entry Plug of EVA-02 Shikinami Asuka Langley (PVC Figure)
Manufacturer: Skynet (Aoshima)
Scale: Non

I like having this model of Asuka's entry plug. It's got heft! I also like the interior's light-emitting diodes, which alternate between orange and white light.

Bear in mind the figurine of Asuka is really, really tiny. Also, as someone is sure to notice, there's cat hair all over the place. I blame my camera, of course, but I've dragged the vacuum cleaner out of the closet nonetheless.

:asuka_happy:

=^..^=

But wait! There's more! Since I can't reply to my own post, an edit will have to do. Here's hoping the 60+ people who've already viewed this thread will come back again - miraculously.

:asuka_stare:

Here are a few more photographs I made. As you can see, Asuka is being protected by the local inhabitants.

:asuka_thumbsup:

=^..^=

Ah, yes: another edit is required! This time it's to show the orange and white light from the light-emitting diodes.

:asuka_miffed:

That's all, folks! I'm done. Happy viewing to you.

=^..^=
[center]Beauty is the purgation of superfluities.
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni (1475-1564)[/center]

jojojoker
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby jojojoker » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:06 am

Naiiiiice. Wow I never pictured the entry plug to be THAT much longer. Nice figurine of Asuka too. I must say, it must be a bit freaky being in the plug since it's so damn narrow. It'd make you a bit claustrophobic and kinda makes me think of a coffin ahaha. Oh, and nice catty!
I'm quite alright; quite fit
Omniscient Council Of Vagueness: SEELE

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Welcome back. Be sure to visit the salad bar.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 am

Wow, that is pretty neat. The AT-Field base is a nice touch, and I like the way the inside of the plug lights up. I think I've seen this mentioned before somewhere, but no one had posted any good pictures.

EDIT: We also have the exact same carpet(except mine's covered in dog hair).

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:49 am

Nice figurine, bro.

But could you please take a close photograph of Asuka?

She looks kinda iffy from here.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:51 am

this is waaaaay awesome. :asuka_happy:
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Very nice figure and model of the plug! It's a nice touch that you can turn on different colors for the lights. I guess the orange light is meant to be LCL-ish?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Flyvapnet
Embryo

Thank you!

•      
  •      

Postby Flyvapnet » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks for your replies, everybody!

Jojojoker, yeah, being in such a confined space would surely take some getting used to - for me, anyway. (Not to mention the fact I'd be too big to fit in a full-sized model!) Also, Blue the cat thanks you for your kind compliment.

Killer Bee, I'm glad you like it! Run right out and buy one, then join me in the poorhouse. I sympathize with your hair-on-the-carpet situation. I'll be right over to help. *grabs vacuum cleaner*

Thanks, InstrumentalityOne. Yes, I shall make a photograph of Asuka's figurine later today and post it here. She's very small, hence there are surface imperfections one wouldn't find on a larger figurine.

Thank you, carla! I see from your reply that Asuka is happy, too.

Indeed, Sailor Star Dust, those LEDs are a very-nice touch. I'm not sure about the manufacturer's intend regarding the orange light, though. What it reminds me of is the good old red night-vision frequency, except it's not quite red enough.

=^..^=

Here we go with another of those infamous edits! This time, as requested, I'm posting photographs of the Shikinami Asuka Langley figurine which came with the entry-plug model.

Remember, for a figurine she's very small. A good model-building geek (as I once was) could fix her surface imperfections, but I'm leaving her alone. To the naked eye, she looks just fine.

So, there you have it! Ta da!

=^..^=

darthikari
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby darthikari » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 pm

I just got my Asuka plug a couple of days ago too (it came in a truly gigantic box from Hobby Search). It looks great next to my unit 00 and 01 plugs! If i have one complaint, it would have to be the pose they chose for Asuka, I wish she was facing foreward like Shinji and Rei are in their plugs.

BTW, did you notice all the "angel kill marks" on her plug...is she just exagerating, or if not, what the heck was she fighting?
"I've had recurring nightmares, that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man..."

Flyvapnet
Embryo

All three? Wow!

•      
  •      

Postby Flyvapnet » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Darthikari, you've got all three of those entry-plug models? Golly! I've had to sell myself into indentured servitude for just the one. But seriously, that's an impressive lineup of entry plugs.

As for Asuka's angel-kill markings, they lend credence to my theory that characters have lives of their own outside franchises. Perhaps there are things Anno Hideaki isn't at liberty to reveal....

=^..^=

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:51 am

Those Angel markings are found here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=366769#366769 (it's shadowed-in, the upper left section of the image).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Flyvapnet
Embryo

Ah, yes....

•      
  •      

Postby Flyvapnet » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:02 am

Thanks for the reference link, Sailor Star Dust! Yeah, I can see those angel-kill markings in that screen capture. I knew what darthikari was referring to; but I thought I'd try a bit of humor with my "characters have lives of their own outside franchises" remark. *wonders if it worked*

But seriously, I'm one of those who detests the manner in which favorite characters are all too frequently mistreated by publishers and/or studios; so I've come to dislike "canon worship" and have arbitrarily decided characters are in the public domain once they're presented to the public. My opinion differs from that of corporate attorneys, obviously.

=^..^=

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”