10th Anniversary EVA Panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

10th Anniversary EVA Panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:46 pm

This may be your last chance to attend a 10th Anniversary EVA Panel before you have to start attending the inevitable 11th Anniversary EVA Panels in next year's con season. Which will probably be larger panels, owing to the October premiere on Adult Swim, so get in your questions now. You'll hear many informative answers such as, "It's by Umberto Eco. U-M-B-E-R-T-O. No, not like 'echo'" "Did I mention I really like Nirvana?" "What color is Eva Unit-01? I dunno...ask Reichu...Reichu knows all that detail stuff."

I will, by the way, be passing out flyers promoting EvaMonkey, EvaCommentary, and GainaxPages. I may even give out some Eva Calbee chips, if someone is willing to eat them on the spot. In any case there will be the usual manga-related prizes. Also, please feel free to swing by my party at AWA.

—C.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:29 pm

Oh great. I was hoping you'd be attending the Otakon panel. Now I get to miss your panel at ACEN and AWA. :?

I wonder if I can figure out a way to squeeze this Con in...
Alex D.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Damn... I think another "Otaku no Roadtrip" is in order...

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:00 pm

Well, I just finished booking my flight, hotel, and car for the event. I probably shouldn't be going considering other higher priorities in my life right now but I only live once (I think). I figure I should finish off the con tour this year strongly. Boston, NJ, Baltimore, and now Atlanta. :D

I'm looking forward to meeting you Carl. If you do make it down EM, it will be good to see you again. Do you have the date and time set for the panel yet? I'd also like to stop by your party too. Should I PM you for details?
Alex D.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:33 am

Carl Gustav Horn Almighty wrote:I will, by the way, be passing out flyers promoting EvaMonkey, EvaCommentary, and GainaxPages.

'Das so sweet it makes me wanna craa. Er, cry.

Of course, I am eliminated due to the pressing need the entire West Coast has of my Splenda. Besides, I scared'a Georgia.

Have fun, you kids.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:36 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:Damn... I think another "Otaku no Roadtrip" is in order...

"Roadtrip"? With the price of gasoline right now? Are you insane?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:12 am

Reichu wrote:

Live a little Reichu. It's not like he does this every week. :D
Alex D.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:51 am

Digitalex wrote:Live a little Reichu. It's not like he does this every week. :D

If there was another Otaku no Roadtrip, this is one otaku who wouldn't be going....
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:00 am

Reichu wrote:

you have no idea what high petrol prices are! in the U.K it's nearly tripple what it is in america!

and nice to see you back Carl ^_^ don't suppose you sorted something out with der mond for me

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:46 am

Reichu wrote:"Roadtrip"? With the price of gasoline right now? Are you insane?

:lol:

Typical Americans.. The price for gas is 6 times higher here, as is everything else than it is stateside, and you complain if it goes up a little.. Ha!
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:56 pm

Titus wrote:
Reichu wrote:"Roadtrip"? With the price of gasoline right now? Are you insane?

:lol:

Typical Americans.. The price for gas is 6 times higher here, as is everything else than it is stateside, and you complain if it goes up a little.. Ha!

I agree. However, I am lucky in that it really isn't affecting me from a financial point of view right now. The people who do live on the edge financially are sadly being affected.
Alex D.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:02 pm

Titus wrote:Typical Americans.. The price for gas is 6 times higher here, as is everything else than it is stateside, and you complain if it goes up a little.. Ha!

Yeah, I know. My mother scolds me whenever I buy gas without looking for the cheapest price possible. I tell her she's an idiot, that we've got it pretty good compared to other countries, and that it's only going to get worse.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:30 pm

Right now, I'm so glad to be a spoiled child-adult who doesn't have a license or a car. (Of course the downside is that I don't have a license or a car.)

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Vulkurt » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:35 pm

Goddamn it, goddamnit, GODDAMNIT!!! No I can't go! But, knowing Carl, it will be great.
Done. Guarding.

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: 10th Anniversary EVA Panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Carl Horn wrote:
I will, by the way, be passing out flyers promoting EvaMonkey, EvaCommentary, and GainaxPages.
—C.

Funny, I think traffic to Gainax Pages actually *decreased* the wake of handing out 150 flyers to a packed room at Otakon.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

Re: 10th Anniversary EVA Panel at Anime Weekend Atlanta

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:39 pm

Otaprince wrote:
Carl Horn wrote:
I will, by the way, be passing out flyers promoting EvaMonkey, EvaCommentary, and GainaxPages.
—C.

Funny, I think traffic to Gainax Pages actually *decreased* the wake of handing out 150 flyers to a packed room at Otakon.

I've been trying to help by posting more on today's new, hot, Gainax titles like HE IS MY MASTER. As I've said, it makes ROYAL SPACE FORCE look like a trifling piece of shit.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:44 pm

Digitalex wrote:Well, I just finished booking my flight, hotel, and car for the event. I probably shouldn't be going considering other higher priorities in my life right now but I only live once (I think). I figure I should finish off the con tour this year strongly. Boston, NJ, Baltimore, and now Atlanta. :D

I'm looking forward to meeting you Carl. If you do make it down EM, it will be good to see you again. Do you have the date and time set for the panel yet? I'd also like to stop by your party too. Should I PM you for details?

I don't think the panel schedule has been finalized yet. The party will be either Friday or Saturday night (as opposed to what, Wednesday morning? ^_^)--look for the flyers bearing the visage of Courtney Love.

—C.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:18 pm

Titus wrote:Typical Americans..

If I'm a "Typical American", then <insert clever metaphor>.

The price for gas is 6 times higher here, as is everything else than it is stateside, and you complain if it goes up a little.. Ha!

Where is "here"?

Apologies if I only possess a parochial view of the world. My own bank account is shot, I'm unemployed scum, and the primary money maker of the house is going to be unemployed for the next couple of months. Ergo, being thrifty = good. I don't get out much, so seeing a gas bill of $40 for my dinky little Taurus made me go "HOLY CRAP!".

If oil companies and car manufacturers didn't suck so hard (and were, like, actually PUSHED by the gov't to go forward instead of pampered into virtual complacency), we wouldn't even need the shit for fuel anymore. We could be using ethanol or peanut oil... or garbage (like in "Back to the Future"). Damn America, making us reliant upon motor vehicles by pouring our money into bloody roads instead of making, like, a mass transit system that isn't totally rudimentary. :rant rant rant:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:56 pm

I don't drive and always take public transport, have no other choice.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Carl Horn wrote:
I don't think the panel schedule has been finalized yet. The party will be either Friday or Saturday night (as opposed to what, Wednesday morning? ^_^)--look for the flyers bearing the visage of Courtney Love.

—C.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it. I checked the AWA forums and they mentioned your panel possible being Sunday. I hope it happens before noon time if it is indeed Sunday! I have to leave for the airport by 1-1:30pm since I have a 3:30 flight back to dirty Jersey. :?
Alex D.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”