Banging out a fanfic

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

C W St. J Nobbs
Embryo

Banging out a fanfic

•      
  •      

Postby C W St. J Nobbs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:21 am

Not necessarily looking for a co writer, per se, but someone to bounce all of my ideas and the such off of. More like a ghost writer, to be honest. Of course, credit will be given to my co/ghost writer/whatever. Most of the story is already worked out in my head, I'm just looking for a little bit of outside aid to fill some of the gaps in my brain.

If there is any interest, PM me, of if you have AIM, my screenname is in my profile.
There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

London calling, see we ain't got no swing/'cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

Boards don't hit back. - Bruce Lee

I do not fear the man who practices 10000 kicks once. I fear the man who practices one kick 10000 times. - Bruce Lee

ALL THINGS THAT ARE, ARE OURS. BUT WE MUST CARE. FOR IF WE DO NOT CARE, WE DO NOT EXIST. IF WE DO NOT EXIST, THEN THERE IS NOTHING BUT BLIND OBLIVION. AND EVEN OBLIVION MUST END SOME DAY. LORD, WILL YOU GRANT ME JUST A LITTLE TIME? FOR THE PROPER BALANCE OF THINGS. TO RETURN WHAT WAS GIVEN. FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS. LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN? - DEATH

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:38 pm

You might want to give more information... just a suggestion. What sort of story is it?
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

The Fourth Evangelion
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The Fourth Evangelion » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Oh well, I might be interested aas well. I'll let you know if I can help you out.
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9237
Go here, and read the story in which UNIT-04 finally shines!

C W St. J Nobbs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C W St. J Nobbs » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:38 am

The more and more thought I put into this notion the crazier and crazier it sounds. I am also going to say right now that by no means will this be something that could widely be called "good". I'm going to keep people as in character as possible, but I may end up(and probably am) playing fast and loose with some established bits of canon, but I'm trying to keep that to a minimum.

I am writing this for the sole reason that it's been banging around in my head for some time now, and has been banged out in various, failed incarnations. This is my Waterloo. This is my Battle of the Bulge. This is my Battle of Stalingrad. I am throwing everything I possibly can at this idea, and it will either work out, or the Prussians will show up and everything will go downhill from there.

My general plan is that there is a second wave of something attacking Tokyo-3 yet again. This obviously makes it necessary for another batch of Evangelion pilots. If this is sounding like the blueprints to a terrible fanfiction that would be because it probably is. But I don't care at this point; it needs to be done.

This whole [s:3ie962e7]abortion of fanfiction[/s:3ie962e7]story takes place 15 - 20 (ish) years after the end of episode 24. This is most likely going to end up being an AU fic, because I'm blatantly skipping over episodes 25 and 26 of the series and the entire EoE film.

The points I would most like help with are how I can rationalize some of the stuff I have planned out for the characters from the show, and how I can logically fit in the new characters I have planned out. My rationale behind trying to make it all fit together as well as I possibly can is this: If I'm commiting fanfiction suicide, I might as well have the forsight to step in the bathtub first to cut down on the mess.

So if the process of helping someone with what is probably going to be fanfic suicide is appealing to you, then I would appreciate some sort of efforts of getting a hold of me. As previously stated, AIM and email are available in the profile.
There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

London calling, see we ain't got no swing/'cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

Boards don't hit back. - Bruce Lee

I do not fear the man who practices 10000 kicks once. I fear the man who practices one kick 10000 times. - Bruce Lee

ALL THINGS THAT ARE, ARE OURS. BUT WE MUST CARE. FOR IF WE DO NOT CARE, WE DO NOT EXIST. IF WE DO NOT EXIST, THEN THERE IS NOTHING BUT BLIND OBLIVION. AND EVEN OBLIVION MUST END SOME DAY. LORD, WILL YOU GRANT ME JUST A LITTLE TIME? FOR THE PROPER BALANCE OF THINGS. TO RETURN WHAT WAS GIVEN. FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS. LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN? - DEATH

Return to “Fanfiction”