Age error

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

rebecca_kalista
Embryo

Age error

•      
  •      

Postby rebecca_kalista » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:17 am

I did join the forum to point this out, so might as well point it out now that I'm here.

It's a maths problem. Because you know, Writers Cannot Do Maths.
The son, who saw his mother disappear "at the age of four" in 2004 (but was born in 2001).
The mother, who definitely vanished in 2004.
Shinji's one year too old according to the wiki.
Shinji was 3, not 4, when Yui went through the Contact Experiment. Actually, Shinji's page itself shows "Three-year-old Shinji, from Episode 21", so...
*shrugs shoulders*

(Just in case there's a doubt: I don't mean disrespect or anything with the "Writers Cannot Do Maths" link. I only mean to induce chronophagia. I'm a true monster, I know.)
Creative Release (my webcomic)

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:00 am

Thank you very much! Goof fixed. The wiki probably has a thousand little goofs of this nature scattered across its pages, sadly.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:54 pm

On a related note, I'm 14, and put my age as such when I signed up. Yet, it says I'm 29.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Since this has been brought up too, lately I came into possession of video files that seem to be the extras for an Japanese disk set of eva, they had character recaps, interviews with anno, and the music video for "Tamashi no Rufuran". (did i spell that right?) Anyway, the age they gave for the Asuka, Rei, and Shinji (they had windows, it's hard to describe, will screen shot when I get the chance.) all said they were 14. However most people claim Asuka to be 13. Who has it right?
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:14 pm

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:Since this has been brought up too, lately I came into possession of video files that seem to be the extras for an Japanese disk set of eva, they had character recaps, interviews with anno, and the music video for "Tamashi no Rufuran". (did i spell that right?) Anyway, the age they gave for the Asuka, Rei, and Shinji (they had windows, it's hard to describe, will screen shot when I get the chance.) all said they were 14. However most people claim Asuka to be 13. Who has it right?

Asuka's birthday is December 4; she's 13 when she arrives in Japan but 14 by her mindrape and breakdown.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:19 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Asuka's birthday is December 4; she's 13 when she arrives in Japan but 14 by her mindrape and breakdown.

Oh, well for the record, here is what I am going by. Screenshots are in the spoiler.
SPOILER: Show

Last edited by supershinjiasukashipper on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Just doublechecking: Rei I is 5, not 4, in the Episode 21 scenes, yes? (According to the Gainax Script.) Rei's wiki page and her Theory and Analysis pages could probably use some work, but then again the whole wiki could. :tongue:

EDIT: Oh, the script from Episode 21' cut 199 was posted in #egf , yay: 5才のレイ(7才くらいに見える) "5 year old Rei (She looks like she's around 7 years old)."

I'm not sure if Rei's page says how she'd really be 10 in 2015--or that her clone bodies were aged to be 14. (Also, is it assumed or a fact on Rei's origins? Being the result of pulling Yui out of Eva-01 during salvage operation and getting a pallet-swapped Lilith-souled version of her instead? Since Eva-01 and Lilith were still connected.)

Not sure if any of this should go in the wiki page or a Theory and Analysis page, which is why I'm asking.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”