Pictures Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:59 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:This.

emo shit

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:18 am

^ That comment is more retarded than FDR's legs, bro. Any love songs AiC put forth mention eviscerating the woman, and other are either abstract allusions to Herion addiction, inner pain and turmoil, or relevant shit like Vietnam war, gang violence etc... Pearl Jam is more emo than AiC and I would never even refer them in such a way, nor any grunge band. Funny, cuz Finland is the birthplace of melancholy and depression. Just look at [s]HIM.[/s]

SPOILER: Show
Have some backed up shit here:

It flooded here a week or so ago and everyone was posting their pics on Facebook. I didn't, but I still took pics to send to my boss when he asked me to come in on my day off

Big Ass Wolfspider all pissed cuz it rained on her babies

lil bastard on my damn shoe!
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:27 am

View Original PostEva 02 wrote:^ That comment is more retarded than FDR's legs, bro. Any love songs AiC put forth mention eviscerating the woman, and other are either abstract allusions to Herion addiction, inner pain and turmoil, or relevant shit like Vietnam war, gang violence etc...

aka posing angst aka emo shit

View Original PostEva 02 wrote:Funny, cuz Finland is the birthplace of melancholy and depression. Just look at [s]HIM.[/s]

If you think HIM is depressive music on finnish scale you have no idea what you're talking about. HIM is finnish Hello Kitty as far as rock bands go.

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:36 am

View Original PostXard wrote:If you think HIM is depressive music on finnish scale you have no idea what you're talking about. HIM is finnish Hello Kitty as far as rock bands go.

GASP! My point exactly!! :w00:
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:36 am

Eva 02: Lolwut? Isn't it a bit desperate to attack Xard's nationality? You assume that because he's a Finn he would be a fan of HIM. Also, emo =/= melancholy/depression. IOW: Just because Finns are famous for being melancholic/depressed doesn't mean we are emo.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:50 am

Let's topic.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:57 am

Ok, this is scampering away into the night a little too fast. But, so I don't end up sounding like a prejudice douchebag, I must rebut.

Absolutely was not an attack on nationality. Referring to AiC as an "emo" band is just spam, that which should only be created by a randomizer that puts "X is so X" in order to be inflammatory. When someone says emo, you must instantly think of Yellowcard, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday etc etc... The trend among those is mostly love songs, and the stong, pubescent emotions felt accordingly. AiC is a little too morbid for that, and is actually anti-emoism. I was in High School during the first wave of emo struck north america. (no, not talking about The Cure, modern-emo) I quit my band because of that shit, so I think, being someone who despises the culture and has actually been in physical fights with emos, I would know. Btw, HIM's Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666 is on my top 10 best albums of all time, so tell me why would I attack Finland?? I think you're being defensive and becoming disillusioned by group mentality.

The tundra-grade winters and errant sun-display during the solstice have had a strong impact on your culture. Scandinavia is more secular than the rest of Europe, suicide rate is high. Black Metal and even average rock-n-roll is heavily saturated in themes of melancholy and dismal apathy towards malice. So, since, you seem to be fed a steady diet of exactly what you're criticizing, I'm terribly sorry for being completely fucking confuckled on why you would be critical of something you should undoubtedly love.

Sorry for the off-topic ness, I tried to be succinct in my previous posts!
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 pm

View Original PostEva 02 wrote:GASP! My point exactly!! :w00:

I'm also less drunk and more sardonic and self-deprecating than typical finn which is something you should keep in mind when reading my posts.

Besides, something like Röyhkä's Paha Maa ("Evil Land") describes finnish life far better with all the incest, patricide, insane men setting their head on fire, glass eyes in soup and bad sex than any pathetic "rock star" angst or HIM's shitty pretentious gothic romanticism can do. That kind of angst is beginner tier shit over here.

Or as CMX put it in their immortal magnum opus art rock masterpiece "Matti"

Cottage in a field
Matti in the cottage
Cancer in Matti

tralalalalaa

Bucket in the cottage
Shit in the bucket
Blood in the shit

tralalalalaa

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:20 pm

To be fair, when I heard the phrase "Alice in Chains", I thought of this:

This is just indicative of the fact that there are too many bands whose names begin with 'Alice', and that they should all just stop. Also, note that Alice Cooper does in fact use chains, while the members of Alice in Chains look less unlike Agent Cooper.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Lemme try to re-orient this topic by posting a sexy as fuck picture of myself.

[URL=http://img268.imageshack.us/i/photoon20101009at1400.jpg/]Image[/URL]

But, that being said, I would have to agree with Oz on this one: emo=/=melancholy.

Aki Kaurismäki is probably the most tangible example of Finland that I have found -- but its a matter of subtle depression rather than the conventional emo "in-your-face glamorized romantic gothic" type of atomsphere.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 pm

^ Nice black & white pic, ran. I usually avoid saying this, but you don't look anything like I pictured... I hate saying it because then I have to consider what I thought you looked like, which I had never really considered to begin with, so I'm forced to realize that you simply don't look like the you that I thought I had thought you looked like but never really did.

Eva 02, I've been in numerous floods like that before and it can be quite scary. Luckily the city cemented in the backyard creek so the neighborhood hasn't had any scares since. My grandma and aunt aren't so lucky and their house has flooded several times and was completely destroyed once.

View Original PostXard wrote:emo shit
Not this... not at all. Emo originated with hardcore punk (Not AiC) and indie rock (not AiC) in the 80s, and those bands (nor their modern incarnations) sound anything like AiC. Unless you're just using Emo to refer to "rock music typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics.", in which case, Plastic Ono Band is the most Emo record ever. Truth.
Last edited by Eva Yojimbo on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:25 am

Ever since that Citizen Kane avatar, I've thought of Ran in those terms. But yeah... great lookin' pic.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:54 am

ITT: Jimbo confessing that he has fantasies involving ran. :fap:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:03 am

View Original PostOz wrote:ITT: Jimbo confessing that he has fantasies involving ran.
I don't know how you got that from what I said, but... OK.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:27 am

Guys, TOPIC. Seriously.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:25 am

Nice pic, ran1. You look a lot younger then I had imagined.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:40 am

Jimmy wrote:I don't know how you got that from what I said, but... OK.

Because admitting to forming a mental image of somebody obviously implies you've fantasized about having sexual intercourse with them. Obviously.

If I may confess, before I learned that Jimbo was a bearded ginger, and even some time after that, I thought he was a drag queen because all of his Amazon reviews were signed 'Suzanne'. Don't ask me why I thought that, as opposed to the hundred more likely deductions available, that's just the first place my mind went.

Ran actually looks hot there. I mean, not hot enough for me to fantasize about him or anything, but if I knew him in real life, there would probably be flirtatious overtones. If I might reveal myself to be completely shallow now, I always thought Ran was on the border of hot, but never really made it on account of looking kind of short and soft-ish. But none of that here. Looking good, bro. :thumbsup:

That said, here's a cat in a hat.

"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:23 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Because admitting to forming a mental image of somebody obviously implies you've fantasized about having sexual intercourse with them. Obviously.

Not just mental. Any kind will do.

That said, here's a cat in a hat.

D'AWW

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:44 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:^ Nice black & white pic, ran. I usually avoid saying this, but you don't look anything like I pictured... I hate saying it because then I have to consider what I thought you looked like, which I had never really considered to begin with, so I'm forced to realize that you simply don't look like the you that I thought I had thought you looked like but never really did.

Thanks man. I'm somewhat glad no one pointed out the hilarious amounts of overexposure in the shot, though -- which is what I get for taking it on Mac's Photobooth application in an edit lab that isn't very receptive to decent lighting in the first place.

Planet wrote:Ever since that Citizen Kane avatar, I've thought of Ran in those terms.

Child of Lillith wrote:Nice pic, ran1. You look a lot younger then I had imagined.

Muggy wrote:Ran actually looks hot there. I mean, not hot enough for me to fantasize about him or anything, but if I knew him in real life, there would probably be flirtatious overtones. If I might reveal myself to be completely shallow now, I always thought Ran was on the border of hot, but never really made it on account of looking kind of short and soft-ish. But none of that here.

I seem to get that a lot on the internet "you don't look like how I imagined" probably because I don't fit readily into target expectations. I've had people think of me as an obese Amurrikan neckbeard, and a 12 year old Swedish troll, and I was even told that people expected me to be asian also, whatever that means.

But Muggy, you're not too far off -- I was soft, at least when I first joined up here. I lost about 12 pounds over the summer and got myself a little toned. I'm not a workout freak -- but an hour's worth of jogging and some time spent doing sit-ups, crunches, and push-ups everyday can really help.

I've also got shotputter legs which would kind of take away from my boyish image as well. But my face seems to indicate that to a lot of people.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:51 pm

@ Yojimbo: Being sandwitched between the Corpus Christi Bay and Nueces River, we do get a nice flood about once a year. It's really not too scary, you see people on kyaks during the peak of the flood. The only thing is, since we are rated as the dumbest city in America, there was an unusual amount of of people in cars being "swallowed up in the river and never seen again." These people drove right past the barricades and drove into the fucking river... No wonder people think I am soooo frickin' smart over here, its not a hard thing to do. The most dangerous thing here is Hurricanes - our waterfront street is actually 9ft below the bay-level so just a little bit of a swell will have a bowl-of-cereal effect on this city. Mix that with our horribly-constructed roads and cracked water/sewer pipes throughout the entire city.... I think we're going to be worse off than New Orleans. More like, Atlantis....

Here's summore pics:

Here's one of my fav Eva posters, a late addition to the trend

Showing off my support for PROP 19 in Cali. Didn't like how I looked in reverse so I just did the shirt logo.
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

Return to “Old Stickies”