My Evatastic Life ><

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

My Evatastic Life ><

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:43 pm

Okay... So... Let's talk about our Evatastic lives here. Relate anything in your life to those of an Eva character.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have one friend who is rough and tough and somewhat perverted. He hits me a lot(as in slaps my back* and then says I am pathetic when I flinch.

That friend has a girlfriend who yells at him a lot calling him a "brute." And she is very jumping to conclusions and smart.

I have a friend who is super smart and blonde curly hair. He likes to brag about what he knows and is a super Otaku of sorts.

Last year, Seventh Grade, I had two friends who were my best friends. They both moved away though. The three of us were called the "three stooges" and shunned.

My best friend is a guy who I talk to a lot. He is a lot like me but more confident in himself. He once told me that he loved me and that shocked me. And even months later I don't know what to think or to reply to that...

I am friends with a girl who doesn't often talk or socoliaze except around people she knows very well. She also will believe or do whatever someone tells her.

I act a lot like Shinji from the patheticness to the "I hate myself!" to the... fidgiting hand... 0.o

I have a wierd obsession with biblical angels and I am a gnostic, as in I believe in the Nag Hamadi library and the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Infact, the only thing I am missing from being a Shinji is the parental situation, an Asuka, the eva... and the eyes... o.0
Last edited by TsubasaNoKoikokoro on Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:36 pm

I try not relate Evangelion to my life, or my life to Evangelion. The show has already a sizeable portion of my life.... might as well not start comparing the two.

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:42 pm

I'm kinda glad my life isn't like Eva.

Like EM said, it already takes up a big part of my life, I'd rather not live it.

It's not a show like...Gravitation where you might say, "OMG I wanna be just like Shuichi and be happy with my Eiri, and sing cool music, and be all famous and stuff!"

You're not going to hear someone saying, "I want to be just like Shinji, piloting a funky giant robot that turns out to be my dead mother, struggle for acceptance from my father, and end up destroying the world."

Unless that person's a masochist.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:29 pm

My life reminds me more of flcl then evangelion. The closest it ever gets to evangelion is that I know some people who act like Shinji. And I know this one girl who wanted to be like Asuka and she even got it off with an older guy , who unfortunatly was much less honerable then Kaji (the girl was in 8th grade at the time).
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:10 pm

Defectron wrote:My life reminds me more of flcl

Ah, so that's why you're so jumpy.

wrack
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wrack » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:21 pm

I've found myself sitting around in Gendo pose at times.

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:38 pm

wrack wrote:I've found myself sitting around in Gendo pose at times.

I was doing that in 3D Art today, unintentionally. >___>;

It scared me a little.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:41 pm

I often find myself in the Gendo pose as well.

Also, I have a pet penguin with three claws on each hand and a big metal thing strapped on its back, which lives in my fridge (N.B. This is a lie.)
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:17 pm

I guess when I made this I was looking for advice or sympathy... But I don't know... I really don't know... I am sorry. This thread was pointless.

Hiromakuta
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hiromakuta » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:19 pm

Darkbyte wrote:I guess when I made this I was looking for advice or sympathy... But I don't know... I really don't know... I am sorry. This thread was pointless.

Well... You really are like Shinji. :lol:

So it might help you if I say his defects:

1º He doesn´t read or think about philosophy, so he never encountered with long-term purpose or for that matter, a purpose for his life.

2º He is a cry-baby. Sure everyone has problems and has it´s bad moments (at least for the fortunate people that live well in that time and age, when compared to other millions of people), but come on Shinji (and that goes for you two Asuka, but not for you Rei, since you are incapable of subversive thoughts.) you actually have an above average life when compared to other millions of people that STARVE just so you could cry and wine and scream and cry again with your ass inside of a fucking overpriced Evangelion. If you went to meet someone that is suffering for your mumbling, I´m pretty sure that your first priority would be piloting Eva (tough you would actually hasten the Third Impact, but what counts is the intention... right?), and you also would donate many parts of Shoguki for the ones who need them most (NERV or the poor, how the hell should I know? In this messed up world, I think it would be the dolphins.).

3º He runs away due to a lot of reasons. Godammit Shinji! Now I know why you´re so thin! You are training so you can become the greatest endurance athlete ever. The problem is... You don´t even know it! If you knew that, you wouldn´t have such a negative outlook of yourself. Well, I guess you at least don´t run away because you don´t want to run away, or that fallacy came through your mind? It´s better to assume that it did.

4º He doesn´t smoke marijuana. Smoke marijuana, don´t mind those religious nay-sayers that want to take away all the good things about life. If you smoked marijuana, you would be more relaxed and who knows, maybe you could control your Eva a whole lot better. The main problem is that you don´t enjoy the good stuff about life (especially peanut butter), because you listen and OBEY! Think for yourself!

5º He is a reject of Society. Well, that isn´t his fault, the society is to blame. With their pre-defined way of behaving and judging, so he had to adapt to the enviromment, but unfortunately, the results weren´t quite good as you could imagine.

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:25 pm

Not smoking marajuana is a defect?

I can think of better ways to relax. XD

Hiromakuta
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hiromakuta » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:36 pm

sachiel wrote:Not smoking marajuana is a defect?

Oh you pervert... :shock:

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:44 pm

Hiromakuta wrote:

That's not what I was saying.

At all. XD Mind you, I'm a 14-year-old girl.

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:47 pm

My response is:

Hiromakuta wrote:
Darkbyte wrote:I guess when I made this I was looking for advice or sympathy... But I don't know... I really don't know... I am sorry. This thread was pointless.

Well... You really are like Shinji. :lol:

So it might help you if I say his defects:

1º He doesn´t read or think about philosophy, so he never encountered with long-term purpose or for that matter, a purpose for his life.

Any proof of this?

2º He is a cry-baby. Sure everyone has problems and has it´s bad moments (at least for the fortunate people that live well in that time and age, when compared to other millions of people), but come on Shinji (and that goes for you two Asuka, but not for you Rei, since you are incapable of subversive thoughts.) you actually have an above average life when compared to other millions of people that STARVE just so you could cry and wine and scream and cry again with your ass inside of a fucking overpriced Evangelion. If you went to meet someone that is suffering for your mumbling, I´m pretty sure that your first priority would be piloting Eva (tough you would actually hasten the Third Impact, but what counts is the intention... right?), and you also would donate many parts of Shoguki for the ones who need them most (NERV or the poor, how the hell should I know? In this messed up world, I think it would be the dolphins.).

I have a real sensitivity to people calling me crybabies... But I probally am....

3º He runs away due to a lot of reasons. Godammit Shinji! Now I know why you´re so thin! You are training so you can become the greatest endurance athlete ever. The problem is... You don´t even know it! If you knew that, you wouldn´t have such a negative outlook of yourself. Well, I guess you at least don´t run away because you don´t want to run away, or that fallacy came through your mind? It´s better to assume that it did.

Er... Well... This is very personal but I did something similar...

4º He doesn´t smoke marijuana. Smoke marijuana, don´t mind those religious nay-sayers that want to take away all the good things about life. If you smoked marijuana, you would be more relaxed and who knows, maybe you could control your Eva a whole lot better. The main problem is that you don´t enjoy the good stuff about life (especially peanut butter), because you listen and OBEY! Think for yourself!

I rather not start a drug war on Eva Monkey.

5º He is a reject of Society. Well, that isn´t his fault, the society is to blame. With their pre-defined way of behaving and judging, so he had to adapt to the enviromment, but unfortunately, the results weren´t quite good as you could imagine.

Nobody is perfect... I think...
[/i]

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:30 pm

I would say that for Shinji, starving, dying, etc. would be a lot easier than piloting Eva. The full bad effect of Eva is kinda obscured because NGE is anime and not live action.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:13 am

You know whenever I see this topics title "Evatastic" I can't help but think of this http://www.misterkitty.org/extras/lostanime/lostanime2.html

I spent a lot of time looking for that lost anime, only to find out later it was all a hoax :x

Anyway, I forgot to mention I also frequently do the Gendo pose whenever I'm sitting at a desk, its kind of gotten to be a habit. One of these days I'm going to have to say "Everythings going according to schedual" or something like that when I'm doing that.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Hiromakuta
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hiromakuta » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:16 am

sachiel wrote:
Hiromakuta wrote:

That's not what I was saying.

At all. XD Mind you, I'm a 14-year-old girl.

Girls can be perverts too. :twisted:

And Darkbyte, I was being sarcastic in most of the post, so don´t take it seriously. But the 1st point is correct, because I remember seeing Shinji saying that while he was living with his "tutor", he didn´t do anything but he didn´t mind in of the last episodes.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:53 pm

Kaworu is in Evangelion and Kaworu=Life so there's my connection

Love always
Yuko-chan

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:02 pm

sachiel wrote:I'm kinda glad my life isn't like Eva.

Like EM said, it already takes up a big part of my life, I'd rather not live it.

It's not a show like...Gravitation where you might say, "OMG I wanna be just like Shuichi and be happy with my Eiri, and sing cool music, and be all famous and stuff!"

You're not going to hear someone saying, "I want to be just like Shinji, piloting a funky giant robot that turns out to be my dead mother, struggle for acceptance from my father, and end up destroying the world."

Unless that person's a masochist.

D:

You know, it sounds like you hit me right on the spot with those 2.

Uhm, I guess if I had to relate my life, I'd be like Asuka, and Molly'd have to be Shinji. Man, she is such an unsocial butterfly, it makes me sad sometimes.

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 pm

My life compared to a character's life...
I could compare it to Shinji, and Sohruyuu.
I hide my true self, while I lie to everyone about how I am.
I hate it... I hate myself. I hate who I've become over the years of my life.
I hate my dozhah... Damnit...
Neon Genesis Evangelion is the only comfort in my life, aside from me being Christian.

At times, I even thought of running away, but never tried it.

Rei, would be a part of me though.
You know what I find strange? Is that blog-quizzes, always tell me what I already know in me. Not all of them, but most of them.

I also, have the twitchy hands... It can get annoying sometimes though.
Whenever I think of Shinji's Dozhah, I shake unbarebly, starting from my right arm, to my body... I try to stop it, but I can't.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”