Is there a release date for Evangelion 3.0?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Sauce?

Is this actually somebody IN Japan?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

yeah, I don't want a repeat of Imp's "sensei"
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Sauce?

LOL. Yeah i wonder..... I sure hope ADAM wasn't referring to Funimatin dubbing the English dub for 3.0. But i suppose it would make some sense if what we were told about 3.0 being produced and made at the sametime as 2.0. But since their finishing 3.0 so quickly I'm pretty sure that they're still planning for a 4.0.

I mean if they were suddenly going to drop 4.0 from Khara's production schedule you would think that there would be some large press coverage, press conference, or honourable mention somewhere in some online or printed source.

Adam
Lilith

Postby Adam » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Sauce?

I'm living in Tokyo. Saw my friend, who is a Japanese voice actress/singer etc (not that famous), at some small movie premiere (not animation) last night. I didn't know she was into Eva, as I have just recently met her, but she saw my black NERV T-Shirt and spoke up to me. So what I can guarantee you about the truth of this statement is that I told you what she told me.:smirk:
[URL=http://img38.imageshack.us/i/nervd.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:02 am

Your IP seems to check out, so awesome. :w00t:

Mind asking her if this means 4.0 is a seperate film or not? >_>

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:23 am

Give her chocolates and pump her for information!

Adam
Lilith

Postby Adam » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:04 am

Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Wanted to ask her out to watch Eva 2.0 another time together anyway
;)
But I can't guarantee that she has more information. this may take a couple of days...so let's see.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:41 am

hot damn! :wink:

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:55 am

Adam wrote:Today one of my friends told me, that one of her friends - who actually is a voice actor for one of the operators at the Nerv HQ - said that most of Eva 3.0 is already finished, except for the dubbing (and other small stuff). Which means, that the release in next year's summer is not that unlikeable. :smirk:

ZOMG! Insider info! That's.. that's... i can't even find words to describe how cool that is.

Though it seems a bit unrealistic to me that Khara had the time and the budget to work on 2.0 and 3.0 simultaneously, if they could pull it of then all the better.

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Dranzer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:24 am

Adam wrote:Yeah, I'll see what I can do. Wanted to ask her out to watch Eva 2.0 another time together anyway
;)
But I can't guarantee that she has more information. this may take a couple of days...so let's see.

So exciting... :grin:
Evangelion Genocide:chapter 14?!
CYOA:A Character Insert :D
And waiting for Evangelion 3.0 Q Quickening...Next summer,dudes! Or maybe before summer?:O ;)

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:44 am

"...and the crowd goes wild!"
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Dranzer
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Dranzer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:05 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:"...and the crowd goes wild!"

Of course!That's natural :ting:
Evangelion Genocide:chapter 14?!
CYOA:A Character Insert :D
And waiting for Evangelion 3.0 Q Quickening...Next summer,dudes! Or maybe before summer?:O ;)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:this seems from quite a long time ago

Is it? Has this been discussed in spoiler-land? Has it made it's way into non-spoiler announcement-ville?

Let me know.

At the very least, this has not made its way to the main page. Ergo, it's news.

So conviniet of you to ignore the rest of my post. Also it's not news if you can't back it up with a proper source. Since a random posting on the internet doesn't count as a proper source, let's move on to the actual article where this is supposedly from.

Today I got my October Newtype magazine which has the special 100 page book containing the reprints of all the Eva related articles from October 2006 up to October 2009, including the August 2009 article in question. Let's have a look:

http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/more_stuff/Newtype_Articles/088-089_aug09.jpg
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/more_stuff/Newtype_Articles/090-091_aug09.jpg
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/more_stuff/Newtype_Articles/092-093_aug09.jpg
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/more_stuff/Newtype_Articles/094-095_aug09.jpg

I've looked as hard as I can and I don't see anything at all resembling that conversation "quoted" on the chinese forum, but maybe I'm just blind and you'll have better luck.

And before anyone goes "ZOMG MAYBE THEY DIDN'T REPRING IT!!1!" I will be picking up the actual August Newtype to double check, but I find it quite unlikely that they would reprint everything from the last 3 years and omit that tiny bit, even if it was something that was never suppose to slip out.

Also before anyone requests any more scans out of that book you'll have to sit back and wait patiently until I get rid of this flu and a bunch of school work. For now, have the index page: http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/more_stuff/Newtype_Articles/003.jpg

EDIT: Can someone who knows chinese do everyone a giant favor and read over that original thread to make sure the OP hasn't been called on his probable bullshit?
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:18 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:Also it's not news if you can't back it up with a proper source.
Tell that to every major news network in America.

Thank you for the scans, of course. "Evidence about Mari as New Character" is a strange headline. I think it's pretty easy to prove conclusively that Mari is a new character. =3
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:26 pm

I read the whole damn chinese thread, via translator, and didn't see no indication of fake.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:29 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:I read the whole damn chinese thread, via translator, and didn't see no indication of fake.
So it is a fake, then? =3
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:read over that original thread to make sure the OP hasn't been called on his probable bullshit?

Easy on the attitude there, it's uncalled for.

AchtungAffen: Thanks for clarifiying that the information about the Summer 2010 release is true.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:read over that original thread to make sure the OP hasn't been called on his probable bullshit?

Easy on the attitude there, it's uncalled for.

attitudes? on MY internets? no wai. (also I think there seems to be a slight communication problem here. OP = opening post of the thread, in this case meaning the opening post of the tokyo3cn thread, the so called "source". The Eva Monkey is in a quite different realm from bullshit here.)

Sailor Star Dust wrote:AchtungAffen: Thanks for clarifiying that the information about the Summer 2010 release is true.

Massive logical failure detected.

Unless you're trolling, and I really hope you are.....

Noone questioning the OP in the tokyo3cn thread does NOT automatically verify the post, it simply means everyone there is willing to swallow it without actual proof.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:19 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:Massive logical failure detected.

Unless you're trolling, and I really hope you are.....

Noone questioning the OP in the tokyo3cn thread does NOT automatically verify the post, it simply means everyone there is willing to swallow it without actual proof.

AA said he was double-checking that thread and didn't find anything incorrect. I'm not sure what your problem is.

Also, usually OP means whoever made the thread, so yeah, clarifiying who you thought is BSing is important.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:38 pm

Note that there's multiple front page posts I've made that were based purely on rumors, and some even from just what some-guy's-friend's-friend-who-sounds-like-they-know-what-they're-talking-about said (like the premiere date of Eva 2.0). I usually put a disclaimer of some kind in them.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”