My Eva Rebuild Story Theory (more concise)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Stuart
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:43 pm

It's interesting when you talk of the chosen children somehow being related to the four Adams...

In the liner notes for the ADV VHS release of episodes 1 and 2, the question is asked "why were all the pilots born on the day of Second Impact?" Is this question ever adressed in the original series/EoE?

If not, maybe there will be some significance revealed in the next movie. It's weird when Misato says in 2.0 that she chooses the pilots and that Asuka will pilot unit 3.... whatever happened to the theory that the soul of the pilot's mother had to be in the Eva in order for them to be compatible?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:48 pm

View Original PostStuart wrote:"why were all the pilots born on the day of Second Impact?" Is this question ever adressed in the original series/EoE?
We know for a fact that Rei was not created until some years after 2I from material in the series.

Asuka and Shinji have birthdays to match their seiyuus'; although I don't think this is recorded in-narrative, amusingly it puts Shinji's conception at around the time of 2I.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Kaworu Nagisa is the only pilot born on Second Impact, so the question is entirely bullshit.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:28 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:We know for a fact that Rei was not created until some years after 2I from material in the series.

Asuka and Shinji have birthdays to match their seiyuus'; although I don't think this is recorded in-narrative, amusingly it puts Shinji's conception at around the time of 2I.

They always hinted at some sort of connection between how well a pilot syncs with an EVA on two things: their relation to the units soul, and the pilots birth date in relation to second impact (Shinji was conceived on the eve of 2I so out of all the NATURAL pilots he has the highest sync ratio.)
I do not believe that this was directly stated though, but it explains why all the pilots are around 14 years old, or have birth dates on or near the time of 2I, Misato makes that observation in NGE.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:52 am

There's no metaphysical reason why the children have to be born after Second Impact. Teenagers are ideal because adults have outgrown the whole maternal bond thing just about completely, and using young children is even more unethical. Teenagers not only tend to have a strong bond to parental figures, but also have the whole "cusp of identity formation" thing which defines adolescence.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

melichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby melichan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 pm

While we're counting coffins, I find it surprising that everyone is trying really hard to match up the number of angels with the number of coffins, when the first thought to occur to me was that "Hey, there's four empty coffins for four pilots. Oh look, a fifth pilot in a fifth coffin." Just sayin'.

Of course, I am new to EvaGeeks and there are probably a load of theories this builds off of that I haven't read. But still! Food for thought.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 am

That would mean there are at least nine pilots, if they line up one to one. That would be very unfortunate story-wise. Especially since they wouldn't be able to be Toji, Kensuke, or Hikari.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 am

View Original PostLegendary wrote:That would mean there are at least nine pilots, if they line up one to one. That would be very unfortunate story-wise. Especially since they wouldn't be able to be Toji, Kensuke, or Hikari.

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules for Kensuke to have an Eva.

Also, I'm liking the way that Melichan's looking at this. I for one would like a redesigned Eva Series to return to the game with actual pilots this time around.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 am

My point is that no characters we have seen can be pilots this time around if the theory is correct. All the teens who don't already pilot were introduced before enough coffins were opened. This means at least FOUR new characters. This is fine if they have as much development as Rebuild!Kaji. But that is not good storywise, you see. We can't actually care.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:04 am

View Original Postmelichan wrote:While we're counting coffins, I find it surprising that everyone is trying really hard to match up the number of angels with the number of coffins, when the first thought to occur to me was that "Hey, there's four empty coffins for four pilots. Oh look, a fifth pilot in a fifth coffin." Just sayin'.

Of course, I am new to EvaGeeks and there are probably a load of theories this builds off of that I haven't read. But still! Food for thought.

Interesting thought. It throws an entirely new light on Ritsuko telling Asuka that "there is a backup for everything, even the pilots", just as Unit-02 is placed in storage.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:21 am

View Original Postmelichan wrote:While we're counting coffins, I find it surprising that everyone is trying really hard to match up the number of angels with the number of coffins, when the first thought to occur to me was that "Hey, there's four empty coffins for four pilots. Oh look, a fifth pilot in a fifth coffin." Just sayin'.

We didn't yet know there were four pilots at the time we saw that there were four open coffins, hence the lack of association. (In fact it's entirely possible that Anno didn't know there were four pilots at the time - which is not to say that won't wind up being true).
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”