End of Evangelion live-action camera?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Gib
Embryo

End of Evangelion live-action camera?

•      
  •      

Postby Gib » Fri May 28, 2010 2:23 am

Does anybody know the type of cam who Anno used?

(My english sucks. ;_; ;_;

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 am

It was probably some cheap ass beta cam that they got from the local electronics store. The picture quality wasn't all that hot for a theatrical film, but maybe Manga's POS DVD transfer was to blame and it was actually shot on film.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri May 28, 2010 10:17 am

View Original PostTimstuff wrote:...maybe Manga's POS DVD transfer was to blame and it was actually shot on film.

I don't know what it was shot on, and while Manga's DVD mastering didn't help, it wasn't very good quality to begin with.

If I had to take a guess, I would say Anno probably used the same Sony digital hand cams that he used for for Love & Pop, which came out 6 months after The End of Evangelion. I always thought the live action elements from EoE seemed like a warm up or test for his later live action work.

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:40 pm

It could have been film. There's something about the way asian films are filmed (and/or transfered) that makes them look like they were shot on video. Some of Wong Kar Wai's and Takeshi Miike's work and Battle Royale has looked like this on DVD. To me, at least.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”