Gotten sick?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Gotten sick?

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:00 am

Has anyone goten sick of watching eva? I was trying to watch EoE last night and i just couldnt care less about it.... I just shut it off after the half way point. I know I'm in the tripple didgits for watching it for sure but now im so sick of it. Is this a bad thing?!? or do I need an eva break? Anyways is anyone else tired of any part of eva whether it be a episode or movie?
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:12 am

Of course. Too much of anything will cause boredom or even hatred.

There are other anime or even things outside of anime worth doing. It's all about balance.

I caught EoE on the big screen recently but I haven't watched it in a while so it was refreshing for me.
Alex D.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:23 pm

There isn't a single episode that I can sit though anymore. It feels like I'm staring at the wall.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:36 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:There isn't a single episode that I can sit though anymore. It feels like I'm staring at the wall.

:(

I hope I never reach this point.
Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:41 pm

Well, without exaggerating, I've probably seen Evangelion in its entirety between 20 and 30 times. I'm actually glad I don't want to see it anymore--that'd just be more time wasted.

*continues wandering the internet aimlessly*

_get some help

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:42 pm

Dont yo know watching eva caused cancer?
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:07 pm

I don't watch episodes in their entirety anymore unless I'm showing NGE to somebody. Otherwise, I "watch" 'em because forum antics or my baby (FGC) demand it.

The end of episode #19 still gives me the shivers, though. :barely audible moan:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:51 pm

Hehehe, not having money for imports and living somewhere without local editions doesn't feel so bad right now.

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:12 am

DatDude wrote:Dont yo know watching eva caused cancer?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it did. :lol:

I get sick of a few episodes, especially JA, because I hated that thing. But I never really get sick of watching EoE.
i AM the internets.

JinKazama
Adam

nah not me

•      
  •      

Postby JinKazama » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:45 am

first time watching Eva was in d middle of this year, after that for different reasons I've watched it serval times more(rewatch in sub/dub, and once had to guide my friend in watching it), till now haven't been in contact with any Eva stuff for a few months I guess, somehow now I've been obcessed with flightsims but the longer it has been as if I've been trying to forget eva in a way or another, the more the urge I'll have wanting to watch again whenever on a random thought of any eva stuff. Nonethelsss, the strong feel and amazement will never return after the first time it has been watched though, but those rest in mind, and makes you want to look back into it sometime later.
--== P.F.P. ==--
Philosophy of Freedom Project
.... If The Third Impact is an imagining of mankind in search for the ultimate freedom and individuality, it's clear that The Philosophy of Freedom Project will be the only solution in reality ....

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:46 pm

Well, I haven't gotten to that point yet., and I usually dont until I find something new, but now I have discovered an amazing aspect that can improve your life slightly if you enjoy doing it!

A JOB

O.o Free food in tow, too. Booya!

and, to sachiel.

sachiel wrote:I get sick of a few episodes, especially JA, because I hated that thing. But I never really get sick of watching EoE.

Lewzor. A Humans work is awesome. [/quote]

Magami no D00M
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Magami no D00M » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:41 pm

DatDude wrote:Dont yo know watching eva caused cancer?

No, Gundams do. ;)
Cancerdam.
Almost no on will get that... :?
Oh well....
I prfer not watching EOE in it's entirety anymore, I usually like to start around where Asuka gets eaten. Because teh begining has just gotten boring for me. As for the series, I've been rewatching the VHS episodes of the earlierepisodes that I watched only but once, so it's ok there....
Failsig:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Maga-me~Catalogue your hobby/obsession/drug.
DA Plug: http://magamish.deviantart.com/
*back from the dead to once again rekindle my Eva ineterst, since I recently purchased the domestic Rebuild 1.0 dvd* >>;

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:58 pm

Wow you guys have watched it a lot. In its entirety I've probably watched it around ten times at the most. I can't say I've really gotten tired of it, but usually my viewings of it are pretty far spaced out.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:21 pm

Magami no D00M wrote:
I prfer not watching EOE in it's entirety anymore, I usually like to start around where Asuka gets eaten. Because teh begining has just gotten boring for me.

yah, me too. I've just given up watching the begining. I either start where Asuka gets eaten, where Shinji chokes Asuka, or where Misato and Kaji do it X_x.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:22 pm

There was a point where I just had to watch Evangelion every day for about three months--maybe longer. If it wasn't watching it, then it was reading articles or fanfiction. In truth, a part of me hates this fucking show.

_get some help

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:54 pm

It does get boring after a while, doesn't it. Even the fanfiction some times does, a lot of good fanfic writers either have or have stopped writting fanfiction for eva. Part of me wishes that i had discovered Eva sooner, another wishes that i never did.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:25 pm

;_;

I always end up having a mental breakdown, too, when I get bored of anime of some sorts.

I have major obsession problems.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:29 pm

Lately I've been on a kind of Love Hina kick. I can't think of any particular reason why that manga appeals to me so much, but it just does. Lately I've even become more tolerant of the anime. For some inexplicable (and likely frightening) reason, I've even been compelled to drown myself in the music of said anime, and those who know me know that when I drown myself in the sonic residue of any particular artist or artwork, I begin to imagine even more of whatever world I'm consuming.

This doesn't even begin touch the height of my Eva obsession. I would say that it never got boring--I just needed some space. And there are those with whom you can't simply have space; you'll have to wait at least several years before you ever rediscover terms that are nearly as sweet. When dealing with a limited world of fiction, the honeymoon ends a lot sooner that one would expect at the climax of the affair. Removing those limits just leaves you in another finite space with finitely-abled writers. At some point you just put it away.

And wait.

_get some help

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:43 am

if anything, the action arc (everything up until #16) tends to be a chore to watch. now, i realize the value of a little comic relief, but Asuka's introductory episodes (especially 'both of you, dance like you want to win!') are a tad too hokey-jokey.
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:48 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:Lately I've been on a kind of Love Hina kick. I can't think of any particular reason why that manga appeals to me so much, but it just does. Lately I've even become more tolerant of the anime. For some inexplicable (and likely frightening) reason, I've even been compelled to drown myself in the music of said anime, and those who know me know that when I drown myself in the sonic residue of any particular artist or artwork, I begin to imagine even more of whatever world I'm consuming.

I've done something similar. I've put Eva aside right now and have been on this Gunslinger Girl high lately. It's really a disturbing concept but the anime and manga are very addicting. I couldn't help but feel for the girls in this story. Also, the anime's opening track has quickly rocketed to the top of my favorite musical pieces of all time. It's very sad yet somewhat uplifting. I also immerse myself in the world of the anime/manga while listening to the music. The song really does sum up the story frighteningly well.

This doesn't even begin touch the height of my Eva obsession. I would say that it never got boring--I just needed some space.

x2. Eva has a unique hold on me but like anything else in life, a little change of pace is needed. Variety is the spice of life.
Alex D.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”