Interesting little details in 2.XX

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

[Spoilers] Interesting little details in 2.XX

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 23, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm no Zugzwang, but I'll do my best.

The design of the entry plug gives Kaworu abstract "wings". Still an Angel this time? I don't doubt it.

"Sound Only" isn't just for SEELE. Also, Asuka's cosmetics(?) are German. Facemask? Is she putting makeup on to wear inside the Eva?

Gendo's godspace has multiple restaurantish tables, each with multiple seats. Hm.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Interesting little details in 2.XX [SPOIRAZO]

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:The design of the entry plug gives Kaworu abstract "wings". Still an Angel this time?

I would also like to point out that he doesn't wear any Interface Headsets. And what else he would be?

"Sound Only" isn't just for SEELE. Also, Asuka's cosmetics(?) are German. Facemask? Is she putting makeup on to wear inside the Eva?

I think the animators just put whatever girly stuff they could think about in there. Her mobile phone has a Nerve Euro logo on it's back. What level of detail!

Gendo's godspace has multiple restaurantish tables, each with multiple seats. Hm.

I'm not sure what are you getting at with that one.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun May 23, 2010 12:56 pm

I would also like to point out that he doesn't wear any Interface Headsets. And what else he would be?

Maybe it's got more to do with Unit 06? :shrug: We may find out in 3.0.
I'm not sure what are you getting at with that one.

Maybe it's where Gendo interviews new employees for Nerv? And that's all I've got.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 23, 2010 1:10 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:I think the animators just put whatever girly stuff they could think about in there.
A crumpled up tissue is girly?

UPDATE WITH NEW INTERESTING ITEM: Remember that thread discussing whether Eva design changes between the two films were retcons? I'm now leaning towards retcon. Tokyo-III seems to have the same geographical anomalies as Springfield.

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun May 23, 2010 2:09 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:I'm no Zugzwang, but I'll do my best.

The design of the entry plug gives Kaworu abstract "wings". Still an Angel this time? I don't doubt it.

Imo that's just the design of the Eva. He's still totally an angel.

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Image

IMO the more important detail is that she has a doll. In the original anime, she hated dolls, for obvious reasons. This could mean Asuka has a very different past than the one suggested in the animu(not to mention her last name LULZ).

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Image

So? Maybe he has a tea party with Seele every once and a while.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun May 23, 2010 2:38 pm

View Original PostGrimmjow wrote:IMO the more important detail is that she has a doll. In the original anime, she hated dolls, for obvious reasons. This could mean Asuka has a very different past than the one suggested in the animu(not to mention her last name LULZ).

Really? I hadn't noticed that when it was her only character trait depicted in the movie.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Kaji's English is pretty terrible to begin with, but he calls Boneiel the "Third Angels". I'm currently wondering how intentional that was considering NGE's "Children".

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Sun May 23, 2010 3:59 pm

hello, i am a key. but i totally look like a human :w00:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 23, 2010 4:14 pm

It's Dr. Manhattan. He hasn't fully materialized yet.

ImageStaples? O_o

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun May 23, 2010 5:13 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:hello, i am a key. but i totally look like a human :w00:

Well that makes a little more sense now that we can actually see the damn thing. Probably still Adam.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun May 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Is that Bardiel? Because it somewhat looks like him.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Yes.

BTW, confirmation that Asuka is indeed an anime character:

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby toe mash » Sun May 23, 2010 6:53 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Yes.

BTW, confirmation that Asuka is indeed an anime character:

Lol, her hands are pulled as far back as that 2nd set of hands Bardiel grows on his back.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Don't have the screencap, but Asuka's cellphone uses one of Evastore's stickers for the iphone with the LCL sea on it.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Rei has purple eyes. Baby Rei's have pink eyes... I just wanted to post this image. :think:

What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun May 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Is it just me or do the mini-Reis look like Eureka?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Sun May 23, 2010 8:06 pm

in my first look through the 2.22 i noticed so many little differences that could bo so important, that i might dig them up tommorow, but one thing stroke me like a thunder:

After Unit-02 Backflip thing, does the original scene after that really looking crappy, or is it just my and my rip?

Nevertheless im pretty happy, most changes buffed up the clarity and gave us more Details to enjoy ( like different face of Shinji while pulling zeruels arm right before power goes off, or completely different sound after kaoru interrupts the 3I sequence..).

But i dig that up later, there really many things to be found. :w00:

EDIT:

Okay i list somethings up before i forget them , a rewatch with notebook will cost time so here it comes. (NOt in Order)

-Sahaquiel in his first form is darker , more shadows, more Blurr-effect on the edge

- Sahaqiels small err arms? are black now

- I think the addet that blurr effekt in the ZABEASTO mode in the Entry plug

While activating Za beasto, you can notice how those regulators of the plugsuit are moving on the (left) shoulder (like its making the plug suit tighter?) and no i dont talk about the green glowing things. dont know if it was too in 2.0, but i noticed that in 2.22 first.

- That Zoom on maris Eye while eating the layers of zeruels AT field , and that thing many people thought was her eye blinking sideways or some sort of that, is actually her Glassbreaking ( so no super Allien theorys to advance her , see what i did there?!11)

-While Shinji is sitting in the Death train after Bardiel- Fight you can notice how he has his earplugs first in his ears, only too see that a few seconds after that his player is above him and now anymore attached to him + im sure they added generally somthing in that scene that i cant pull of right now( of course that thing is a stylistic device by anno, Shin seiki should please analyze this in his surely coming PHD work about Rebuild of EVA)

-While bardiel is infeting unit 1, you can see that in that places which change to blue colour, there are growing some kind of Metal Ladder, and not in Order, just randomizes growing ( any meaning behind that?)

- Did those second pair of Bardiel arms look like Asuka`s arms WITH plugsuit at the shoulder part? ( i know they looked human and probably like asukas in 2.0 before)

- They added lots of Sparks and stuff like that ( e.g. unit one running to sahaquiel on the route chaning system, Zeruel blowing the upper geofront with his shot , many electricity sparcs)

- Adding of more glowing edges at the space shot of unit 4(?) exploding
+ Same kind of Edge glowing at the Impact start sequence at the end on the halo of Unit 01

- While seeing Unit -03 beeing lifted up to hiss (her ;P) transoport to Japan you can see that it is going too fly through Clouds which are stormy an many thunders are happening (like in the series , the Omen of something bad too happen or actually the place where the contamination happens?)

- Zeruel after merging with Unit 00 is glowing like a rainbow in the transistion phase of the Body

Well that should be it, after looking through it once more i may find even more stuff ( or maybe BD will have some little differences to DVD too?)

Over and out

( sorry for grammar, writing this post very late and very nervous due too beeing hyperhigh after watching RoE 2.22 )

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 23, 2010 9:28 pm

^That post is comprehensive, but should be in the "new scenes" thread instead of this one...

As I was just discussing in the IRC, text that is now visible in the DVD rip shows that "Acheron" is actually Akron. "Acheron" makes a lot more sense in the context of Cocytus and Styx, but... but it's spelled Akron. This could either be a mistake, as Akron is also an existing proper noun, or it could possibly be a double reference to the 1979 giant robot anime Future Robo Daltanius, in which the enemy alien army comes from the star cluster Akron. Consensus in the IRC was that it was a mistake, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Sun May 23, 2010 10:22 pm

I know there's a connection here somewhere... but I'm too tired to speculate. :(

The 4 Crosses during Second impact

The 4 crosses are still there in 2015

The 4 "Adams" each has a different symbol. A 6 point star? A circle. A circled dot(the sun symbol?) and the last has a third eye.

Eva 01 has a third eye.

And this.

My hack job.

Finally unrelated but interesting to note, Rei's collar reads "Rei 02"
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun May 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Skikes, you've done us a great service. Thank you.

EDIT: Keep in mind we have no evidence that the new movies take place in 2015.

And don't miss that the moon-- which appears black-- is thrust into space.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”