Interesting little details in 2.XX

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Fri May 28, 2010 2:44 pm

In the "Beast Mode" scene with Eva-02 and Mari:

It looks like the technology within the Eva is breaking down, or at least somewhat damaged, as a result.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Fri May 28, 2010 3:16 pm

View Original PostNonoriri wrote:Awesome fanwanking you have there.
Thanks I guess, if that was directed at me at all You did drop it right below my post so :sweatdrop:

To be honest though, I don’t think it really represents anything new about Asuka’s character, she always seems to have been concerned about her looks; this even extends into audiodramas like AtE where Tabby-kun and Touiji are able to make her snap just by insulting her figure and calling her flatchested.

If someone actually bothers to go through the trouble of applying makeup just before going into a fluid filled cockpit in a biomechanical monster (I guess a mundane equivalent would be sports) then yes, appearances would most likely be a very big deal with them. So yes, I’m pretty sure that this trait carried over with this incarnation of Asuka.

And Asuka seems to grab on to traits and statuses for her identity, and as a defense mechanism of sorts, it would make sense that her looks/beauty make part of that. So if the effects of contamination or injury damage her looks(Didn’t the EVA parts infected by Bardi turn a weird hue, texture & grow hyphae?), or if Asukael thinks they do, then it could very much also damage/threaten her very identity. It certainly isn’t going to make her any more stable, and she might blame and direct her rage/grief against NERV, Misato and Shin-chan, any sort of angelic influence from Bardiel could play along with that.
View Original PostRommel wrote:Going by where the tip of her nose is (which you can see right below the breathing device), it doesn't look like there's anything going into her left eye. Also, I think I can see two feet. So it looks like she didn't lose a leg.
Well it does seem like all of her limbs are attached to her body, and given the context around her pirate shot and the fact that Bardi’s embrace pulled her all the way to a corner of the plug it looks like the nature of her injuries were more due to the impact from the plug having been shaken around and dropped (in a depressurized plug) along with the pressure from it’s rupture and; rather than having been directly been bitten by Yui (if it were like that she probably would have joined ep24 Kaworu in having been decapitated seeing as how if she wouldn’t have been pulled to the edge it the teeth would have gone through her neck). The injuries from pressure and concussive effects could still be lethal in themselves but they’d be mostly internal in nature and that wouldn’t explain her eye; it’s also possible that Bardiel’s embrace could also have protected her to some extent as well seeing as how it would need her to live. Given Ritsuko’s “Valuable sample” lines and the context around the chamber I’m tempted to say that it’s more of containment at sample chamber (like Tuniel’s?) than a life support chamber. Ritsuko thinks Asukael might be a more practical sample than Tuniel?
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote: ...Does this mean Shinji is going to do the ass-dance at some point?
:tongue: Only if Misato sees fit to put him in the dancer outfit from ep9!
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Fri May 28, 2010 3:23 pm

View Original PostNatTheWriter wrote:In the "Beast Mode" scene with Eva-02 and Mari:

It looks like the technology within the Eva is breaking down, or at least somewhat damaged, as a result.

It could be a sign of the whole "giving up its humanity"
Last edited by Natsuka_Chie on Fri May 28, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Amras Felagund
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Amras Felagund » Fri May 28, 2010 4:52 pm

All I know is that I would like to see a hi-res image of that saccharine "Toji's sister is released from the hospital" shot.

*smiles giddily just thinking of it*
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri May 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Look at that cute shirt! :3

And all those flowers. Someone's a lucky girl.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri May 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Armas Felagund: Enjoy (1080p).

TDSA: Which details, specifically?
Last edited by ZapX on Fri May 28, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri May 28, 2010 5:27 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Those things that popped out of the ground when the Evas were running to catch Sahaquiel that looked like a banking for Eva-01 to make a sharp turn without losing its momentum:

Originally, I had thought it was pretty corny that Nerv made some kind of banking mechanism that just happened to be used during an Angel attack.

They are not barrier, they are deployament shields, Misato used one in 1.0 when prisma angel blasted Shinji.
ANATA BAKA !?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri May 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 pm

They are not barrier, they are deployament shields, Misato used one in 1.0 when prisma angel blasted Shinji.

May I have a pic of that, please?

Ornette

View Original Postbladerj wrote:They are not barrier, they are deployament shields, Misato used one in 1.0 when prisma angel blasted Shinji.

Not quite the same thing: http://www.tesuji.org/images/eva1.11_eva01_barrier.png

The protective barrier came straight out of the ground.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri May 28, 2010 6:14 pm

View Original PostSeele 00 Text Only wrote:Image
Asuka being treated after Bardiel incident.
I just realised that the last time we saw Asuka in this sort of view was in that briefly flashed image in EoE with maggots.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

EdZ
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby EdZ » Fri May 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Some random screenshot musing:

We can see the lance thrown by the Mark-06 after the credits has the characteristic Longinus Helix, albeit at the wrong end. (this can also be seen in motion as it is thrown, but harder to screencap)

The Black Egg (or at least, a Black Egg), can be seen being ejected during 2nd Impact. Oh, hey, look what's at Bethany Base. Either the Egg landed somewhere else on Earth (I seem to recall that Bethany base is somewhere inside the Arctic Cricle, near Russia, but I can't recall where I head that), or Bethany Base is built on top of the 2I site after the Black Egg landed again(unlikely, no visible rings of coloured light or the four crosses). The Black Egg is no longer hovering over the 2I site after all.
Also note the pillars around the Black Egg at Bethany Base, of which 5 appear to have burst open (or if we go by invidual segments, 11). These pillars also appear to have been placed around Unit-01 post 3I.

The blood smear on the moon does not appear to terminate at Lilith's crater, and there are no signs that Lilith has been moved (i.e. the blood smear is probably not from Lilith being dragged across the landscape).

I also have the totally unfounded suspicion that EVA-08 may have been constructed from NERV's Lilith in the same fashion that the Mark-06 was from SEELE's Lilith.

NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Fri May 28, 2010 7:06 pm

My apologies if this has already been asked and/or addressed, but what's up with this little black blur above Mari's head?

SPOILER: Show

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri May 28, 2010 7:10 pm

what's up with this little black blur above Mari's head?

A dent? :shrug: That's all I've got.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Onii-chan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Onii-chan » Fri May 28, 2010 7:11 pm

I think that's her shadow/reflection off the entry plug.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri May 28, 2010 7:11 pm

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

EdZ
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby EdZ » Fri May 28, 2010 7:28 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Why waste all of Lilith when you can clone her instead?
That Gendo was willing to travel the the MOON just to confirm that the Mark-06 used a different construction process, that it he referred to it as a 'true' Evangelion, and the reciept of the Key of Nebuchadnezzer, might indicate that using Lilith directly, rather than an imperfect clone (no S2 engine) with an implanted soul, may have advantages. Of course, these could just as easily be unrelated.

NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Fri May 28, 2010 7:29 pm

I think that's her shadow/reflection off the entry plug.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

A few redraws for DVD:

^ Given a bit more color. It resembles DNA.

^ Fiddling around with the shading and stuff.

NatTheWriter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby NatTheWriter » Fri May 28, 2010 8:02 pm

A few screencaps from the Ayanami Rescue scene:

^ Right...that cannot be comfortable.

^ Nor can that.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri May 28, 2010 8:11 pm

View Original PostEdZ wrote:(no S2 engine)

Like the S2 Engine that Shamshel--- oh, right, Shamshel exploded.
Or the one they put in--- wait, no...
Or the one that Eva-0--- er... that didn't happen this time around.

No evidence of S2 engines in this continuity, therefore no reason to worry about clones not having them.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Synapsid
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:26 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I just realised that the last time we saw Asuka in this sort of view was in that briefly flashed image in EoE with maggots.
...Now that you mention it, the image does overlap with Maggie almost perfectly and metaphorically speaking Asuka kind of is dead. I wonder if there’ll be any catharsis this time; her “recovery” Didn’t turn out all that well in Air...
I guess that just plays into the film being full of background stuff that alludes to EoE.

ZapX

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 29, 2010 1:58 am

ADMIN NOTICE

This thread is becoming a bit too much of an utterly chaotic potpourri. I really think we should start using more dedicated threads whenever possible. ( :points to "Threads" in nav bar: ) We should attempt to reserve this thread for random interesting little details, not any and all details which may spawn any manner of conversation. Savvy?

Currently doing obsessive-compulsive, hideously messy splitting/merging work... (If only there were a way to duplicate posts that are about two separate topics between threads when carrying out a split, I would be SO fucking happy.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”