Digi's recap at Otakon... (and Gendo's hand)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:13 am

wrack wrote:Perhaps. Yet as he isn't wearing gloves, he should have glued an embryo, preferrably a real one, to his hand. Then I would be impressed.

You have high standards wrack. High, high standards. Bravo.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:35 am

wrack wrote:
Space Penis wrote:That Gendo wins the 2005 Awesome Dude award for the radio thing. :idea:

Perhaps. Yet as he isn't wearing gloves, he should have glued an embryo, preferrably a real one, to his hand. Then I would be impressed.

You'll be impressed next year since we had that discussion. He used a marker to draw the ebryo on his palm. He's in the process of getting a molded one for next year's Con.
Alex D.

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:06 pm

You people all have low standards. Gendo had the embryo surgically implanted into his hand, so Adam was not on his hand, but rather within it. In order to simulate this, I won't be satisfied unless he gets an Adam embryo tattoo done on his hand. Then he will have my respect, and the other 95% of the population will think he is a tremendous nerd.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:39 pm

Well, you could mold some of that polymer that they use to get impressions of your teeth, color it, and attach it to your hand using denture glue...
of course, it would be kind of clunky (unless you made it rather thin) and would impede the use of gloves

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:16 pm

K2Grey wrote:You people all have low standards. Gendo had the embryo surgically implanted into his hand, so Adam was not on his hand, but rather within it. In order to simulate this, I won't be satisfied unless he gets an Adam embryo tattoo done on his hand. Then he will have my respect, and the other 95% of the population will think he is a tremendous nerd.

:lol:
Alex D.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:32 pm

K2Grey wrote:Gendo had the embryo surgically implanted into his hand, so Adam was not on his hand, but rather within it.

I think I missed the scene where Gendo got his surgery.

I always thought Adam kind of looked like she was "melting" into his palm. Nasty, anyway you look at it. I mean... just think about what Ritsuko had to put up with. (Well... depends on how long Gendo was "safekeeping" Adam.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:17 pm

Guys, the same thing will happen to you if you cling to the remote constantly, so be sure and give it a rest, m'kay?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

wrack
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wrack » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:22 am

Aight, this thread is now about Gendo's hand.

In EoE, Gendo is holding the gun in the same hand he has Adam implanted, correct? This of course doesn't damage the embryo, as Angels can only be harmed by using some funky giant robots.

This makes me wonder if the embryo is capable of the rest of the Angelic AT field tricks, you know, reflecting bullets, firing lazer beams, etc, and if Gendo could have been able to use them himself? After all, Ritsuko is sent flying half a room's lenght after being hit by one single bullet.

Finally an excuse for having the guy pull off some Darth Vader style AT field Force-stranglings. You don't know the power of the Pimp Side!

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:55 pm

An inordinate number of fanfictions seem to grant Gendo various magic powers based on the fact that he has Adam's embryo in his hand. Personally, I think the embryo doesn't do jack, and you need Rei in order to get any mileage out of it (via the Adam + Lilith = GNR deal).

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:56 pm

What kind of magic powers?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:44 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:What kind of magic powers?

IIRC, AT field, ability to merge with Lilith without Rei, and some weird deal where if Gendo gets killed Adam takes over, despite the lack of a soul.

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:07 am

Reichu wrote:
K2Grey wrote:Gendo had the embryo surgically implanted into his hand, so Adam was not on his hand, but rather within it.

I think I missed the scene where Gendo got his surgery.

I always thought Adam kind of looked like she was "melting" into his palm. Nasty, anyway you look at it. I mean... just think about what Ritsuko had to put up with. (Well... depends on how long Gendo was "safekeeping" Adam.)

You aren't gonna post the "sessions" image?
Natsukashii, ne?

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:08 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:What kind of magic powers?

Magical uber-pimp powers.

i AM the internets.

RuaDragon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RuaDragon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:29 am

Nah, Gendo has no powers, it's all Adam, and I bet he uses them at really annoying times. Like, everytime Gendo reaches for the remote Adam deploys an AT field and it gets knocked away, so he has to get up and walk to the TV to change the channel. Man, that would suck. No wonder he was such an ass.
"Dying is not romantic, and death is not a game which will soon be over...Death is not anything...Death is not...It's the absence of presence , nothing more...The endless time of never coming back...a gap you can't see, and when the wind blows through it, it makes no sound..."
- Guildenstern

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:44 am

This could also explain y he is in such great shape! I mean, he sits behind his desk all the time, or even when hes not at his desk, 90% of the time hes sitting sumwhere, a helicopter, jail, the train... blablabla...

You have to be anorexic to not get a couchpotato butt....
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:59 am

wrack wrote:This makes me wonder if the embryo is capable of the rest of the Angelic AT field tricks, you know, reflecting bullets, firing lazer beams, etc, and if Gendo could have been able to use them himself? After all, Ritsuko is sent flying half a room's lenght after being hit by one single bullet.

This is because people in TV shows and movies ALWAYS go flying when they are hit with a bullet, so matter what kind of gun it comes from. (Of course, there are some exceptions, but Ritsuko just falling onto the floor wouldn't have been nearly as dramatic.

The embryo would only be capable of ATF magic once Adam's soul was back in her (apparently salvaged from Kaworu's head). And even so, Gendo would not have access to it -- unless he's, like, synchronized with Adam or something.

[random]A much-neglected fact is that Adam is actually a "she". Actually, that gives me some weird ideas about Kaworu in EoE -- the REAL reason "he" has a smooth crotch is because he's really gone back to being female, but left the rest of "his" body alone, since Adam deems it "adequately female" considering what she used to look like. Hmm, I like this idea...[/random]

Soluzar wrote:You aren't gonna post the "sessions" image?

As you wish...

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Takumi Fujiwara
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi Fujiwara » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:57 pm

Guys, if you see Sha Gojyo hanging nearby the Eva Panel next Otakon(if you do host another panel), that is mostly likely me.
PROJECT D
The AE-86 is on the Road, All's right with the world.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:52 pm

Takumi Fujiwara wrote:Guys, if you see Sha Gojyo hanging nearby the Eva Panel next Otakon(if you do host another panel), that is mostly likely me.

Just come up and say hi. It will be easier since I have no clue who Sha is. :D
Alex D.

Takumi Fujiwara
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi Fujiwara » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:25 am

Digitalex wrote:
Takumi Fujiwara wrote:Guys, if you see Sha Gojyo hanging nearby the Eva Panel next Otakon(if you do host another panel), that is mostly likely me.

Just come up and say hi. It will be easier since I have no clue who Sha is. :D

Will do. Pic for reference.

PROJECT D
The AE-86 is on the Road, All's right with the world.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:05 pm

I was at OTAkon I was at the Eva panel it was loads of fun. it gets btter every year. I had loads of fun i saw 8 Kaworu and I have mah pic with all of them. AHHHHH KAWORU!!!!!!!!

Love Always

Yuko-chan

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”