EOE Credit Sequence

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Machinehead
Embryo

EOE Credit Sequence

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:22 pm

In the American release of the EOE DVD, the music on the credits is less than spectacular. I mean, it's alright, but it could have been a good track.

Personally, I would have liked to seen a slow, and long credit sequence of single credits fading in and out to a white background. I would have wanted the music to be 'Pachebel Cannon', the same music used at the end of Death.

What about you guys?
Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:24 pm

do you mean the dna spirally thingy... i dont much care for that scene i skip it lol.

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:26 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:do you mean the dna spirally thingy... i dont much care for that scene i skip it lol.

I'm talking about the final credits, after Shinji chokes Asuka.

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:22 am

End it the same way as it ended in Japan - credits during the intermission, at end blank white screen, then blank black screen, then confused viewers :)

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:38 pm

K2Grey wrote:End it the same way as it ended in Japan - credits during the intermission, at end blank white screen, then blank black screen, then confused viewers :)

Hahaha. That would have been great.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:03 am

Even a twenty-second pause before commencing the Mangle creds woud have shown better taste. And for the love of fuck, some SILENCE! :roll:

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:45 pm

K2Grey wrote:End it the same way as it ended in Japan - credits during the intermission, at end blank white screen, then blank black screen, then confused viewers :)

Hexon.Arq wrote:Even a twenty-second pause before commencing the Mangle creds woud have shown better taste. And for the love of fuck, some SILENCE!

The reason for the credits at the end, rather than the middle, might have been due to MPAA rules. I know that the rules state you must have the director and producers name as the film starts for instance, though this didn't seem to happen with EoE. Hmmm..
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Oboe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Oboe » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:18 pm

Or you could end it like the video release and have simple white credits on a black background scroll to Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring. That's my favorite version. ^_^
Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:23 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:

Hexon.Arq wrote:Even a twenty-second pause before commencing the Mangle creds woud have shown better taste. And for the love of fuck, some SILENCE!

The reason for the credits at the end, rather than the middle, might have been due to MPAA rules. I know that the rules state you must have the director and producers name as the film starts for instance, though this didn't seem to happen with EoE. Hmmm..

Fine, white screen, then black screen for 5 minutes, then show the credits :P

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:42 am

well, what can you expect from the need to translate the credits, and bandai-style so as not to sacrifice the almighty dna credits roll? (to be fair, bandai's release of "infinite ryvius" has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING playing over the translated credits at the end of each dvd for some bizarre reason, but that's another story.)

i agree that "jesu, joy of man's desiring" would have been a better choice for the translated credits... the piano version, i mean. or they could have just included them as part of the extras or something. ah well, it wouldn't be mangle if it didn't have less-than-stellar release quality. r_r
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”