EVA Merchandise That Doesn't Exist But Should

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
WellManicuredMan
Adam

EVA Merchandise That Doesn't Exist But Should

•      
  •      

Postby WellManicuredMan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:34 pm

I am well aware that almost anything that Gainax can sell as Evangelion merchandise will be sold as Evangelion merchandise--but that leaves a big "almost." What NGE product hasn't Gainax made yet that you would want to see?

Personally, I love collector's edition DVDs and box sets. Whenever I buy anything, I always try to go for the ones with director's commentaries, making-of featurettes, etc. One of my favorites would be the special edition of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, which has enlightening text commentary and very interesting documentaries on how the movie was made. And, of course, the Alien box set, which has nine discs, oodles of special features, and a very cool case, all for under thirty bucks. The Dirty Harry collector's edition also deserves mention for including a shitload of booklets and material to go along with it--something that I also enjoyed in the box sets for Fullmetal Alchemist.

My dream piece of EVA paraphernalia would have to be a box set like that, including the whole series (director's cuts included), Death and Rebirth, End of Evangelion, and some special goodies like director's commentary, making-of featurettes, and so on and so forth. Maybe some booklets or some other kind of feelies. And, of course, a nice shiny box to hold it all in.
Last edited by WellManicuredMan on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Naked Eva Realdolls.

(I swear there's been a thread where I had the opportunity to post that before...)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 am

At least one, if my memory serves. Probably after one of my suggestions that Gainax cut the hypocrisy and just add official Asuka and Rei realdolls to their product line.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 am

action figures of some of the supporting cast

even more puzzling is the lack of Gendo and Kaji action figures, especially
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:08 am

I want Games Workshop to adapt the franchise. It would have to be JSSDF, Seele, and Nerv pitted against each other, because one alien versus one EVA kills interest pretty fast on the tabletop.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 am

now, if they did make action figures of some of the supporting cast, I may end up having to buy three Mayas, though only one will remain in its original condition, while the ot...no, i'll need four

that's right
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:43 am

GasmaskAvenger wrote:now, if they did make action figures of some of the supporting cast, I may end up having to buy three Mayas, though only one will remain in its original condition, while the ot...no, i'll need four

that's right

LOL. Just what do you intend to do with them if you ever get to possess these Maya figures? :leekspin:

For me more figures of the Angels would be nice. Honestly if theres one major factor or thematic line of figurines these merchandisers have all forgotten about its the angels. They cant even make a complete line of small gashapon figures for these monsters? Jesus! Do it already! If not a full line of 6 inch tall figures for every angel that has ever appeared.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:47 am

How 'bout a stateside Blu-Rei release of EoE and D&R.

I'd be a happy camper. :D

EvaRaver
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvaRaver » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 am

WMM:

I think they did produce a DVD box set including everything listed in your original post. The entire TV series, plus director's cut episodes, plus Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion. They never sold it in the US though. I think it was only released in Japan, and possibly some other Asian countries. I'll see if I can find more info on it for you, but I know it does not have English duds or subs.

The GW adaptation is a great idea. I could see that being fun. I think you would need more than just three armies though, and the details would be tricky to work out.

I would like to see GNR action figures. I think Rei looks awesome with the wings, but I have only once seen a paper-weight type thing, but it wasn't the whole figure. I was cut off where her legs are below the clouds when she first appears in EoE.
there is nothing left to be said

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:11 am

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Evangelion Entry Plug Tampons "to help prevent third impact".
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned Evangelion Entry Plug Tampons "to help prevent third impact".

Oh God, no... that picture is stuck in my head now. That's gross xD
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

WellManicuredMan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby WellManicuredMan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned Evangelion Entry Plug Tampons "to help prevent third impact".

This is "Evangelion merchandise that doesn't exist but should", not "Evangelion merchandise that doesn't exist and shouldn't."

Although the latter would be a good idea for a topic in its own right.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:38 pm

I for one would like to see a decent Evangelion fighting game. Preferably 2D. Preferably in the vein of Guilty Gear, but with less air-time.

giuliano
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby giuliano » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 pm

@WellManicuredMan:
They released two really nice limited edition DVD box sets in Japan that I can remember, one with a see-through red outer case containing the entire series plus movies and directors cuts.
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k126226465

The other was released in 3 parts and was called 'Second Impact Box' (parts 1, 2 & 3) that also included the entire series+movies and even the Girlfriend of Steel game.
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/133259135

Both I believe didn't have english subs...

@Electric Sachiel:
I recently found out they've been releasing the Angels under a range called 'Soul of Soft':
http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Word=evangelion%20soft&Dis=2&from=detail&searchpage=top_page

@EvaRaver:
I've got one GNR (quite small Sega released figure) pictured here:

I like it quite a lot, but yeah I second a good quality GNR being made :toothy:
It's GENDO~

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:LOL. Just what do you intend to do with them if you ever get to possess these Maya figures? :leekspin:

well, as I said, only one will remain normal. The other three will become frankenstein custom figures

One for The Overlord/The Dark One, one for Naomi Mifune and the third will be Giant Reaper Demon Maya/Naomi

I might need a fifth one for well...The Gaskmask Evangelion equivilent of GRDM/N

now...the lack of figures for The Angels is also a surprise and a figure for GNR will have to be...well...rather large

as for Blu-Rays for Death and Rebirth/EoE, that would be cool, though just general HD anamorphic SD DVDs in the states would do as well for me

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm

An airsoft pallet gun would go nicely with the replica prog knife.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:42 pm

Wasn't a Maya figure part of one of the Portraits series?

The big release of everything Evangelion was Renewal, and it included tons of literature.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Ornette wrote:Wasn't a Maya figure part of one of the Portraits series?

you must be talking about that figurine

i'm thinking more along the lines of an actual action figure, much like the Revoltech series (Like the Evangelions and the Fraulein Revoltech Rei and Asuka figures)

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:05 pm

I want to see the manga re-release into one collection.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:04 pm

WellManicuredMan wrote:This is "Evangelion merchandise that doesn't exist but should", not "Evangelion merchandise that doesn't exist and shouldn't."

Oh, I'm fully aware. :)

GasmaskAvenger wrote:i'm thinking more along the lines of an actual action figure

The hand must be removable if a Maya action figure were to be made.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”