Key of Nebuchadnezzer Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hiten777
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hiten777 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Maybe repeating some things but here's main points IMO:

1) Unit 02 Beast Mode- should be common sense to most higher ups in Nerv and users since it is considered the "first combat model." A possible last resort for fighting.

2) Awakening Unit 01- like others said 01 needed to ascend to slow Seele's goal towards the "true eva." I doubt Gendo didn't forsee Seele stopping 3I (he and Fuyutsuki weren't among the rest with a "shocked reaction" at seeing Mk 6)

3) KoN- maybe more of a key to restoring Adam rather than Adam in embryonic form.

4) Angels making contact with Adam- Kaworu already stated in the series that once he makes contact with Lilith 3I will start. Basically if they make physical contact with either Adam or Lilith then 3I (maybe by S2 engine fusion reaction)

5) Kowaru- we don't know for what role he is in the movies. He may be Tabris or he may be the key to using the KoN.

Tabby-chan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby-chan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:24 am

Come to think of it, nobody ever directly stated the relationship between Nebby's Key and Adam. For all we know, it could end up reacting only to Lilith, underneath Nerv. Why would this be?

SPOILER: Show
BECAUSE NEBBY'S KEY is ADAM'S BODY!!! AND TABRIS HOLDS HER SOUL!!! SO! THE REUNITION HER BODY AND SOUL WOULD RESULT IN A COMPLETELY UNLEASHED ADAM AND INITIATE THIRD IMPACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
"When the going gets rough, the fighters fight harder." -KSL

"Perpetual change is stasis." -KSL

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:44 pm

@Kodaemon: The Blake stuff is very interesting... Taking a quick look, the thing with the four circles is a representation of the four Zoas, the split aspects of "Albion", Blake's primordial man (Adam Kadmon, much?). From Weekee:

Blake changed his mythological system ... from a dualistic struggle between two divine powers to a struggle of four aspects split from Eternity. These aspects are Blake's Four Zoas, which represent four aspects of the Almighty God... In particular, Blake's God/Man union is broken down into the bodily components of Urizen (head), Urthona (loins), Luvah (heart), and Tharmas (unity of the body) with paired Emanations being Ahania (wisdom, from the head), Vala (nature, from the heart), Enitharmon (what can't be attained in nature, from the loins), and Enion (earth mother, from the separation of unity).

As connected to Blake's understanding of the divine, the Zoas are the God the Father (Tharmas, sense), the Son of God (Luvah, love), the Holy Ghost (Urthona, imagination), and Satan who was originally of the divine substance (Urizen, reason) and their Emanations represent Sexual Urges (Enion), Nature (Vala), Inspiration (Enitharmon), and Pleasure (Ahania).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kodaemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kodaemon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah, I'll probably be giving Blake a further look soon. The KoN is not the only thing in 2.22 that gives me a Blake-ish vibe either, there's also Gendo and Fuyutsuki's conversation about chaos and order, or Ritsuko talking about godlike Unit 01 "spinning Heaven, Earth and all creation together", which reminds me of The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. Oh, and the black-red vortex was called a "door", right?

"But first the notion that man has a body distinct from his soul is to be expunged; this I shall do, by printing in the infernal method, by corrosives, which in Hell are salutary and medicinal, melting apparent surfaces away, and displaying the infinite which was hid.
If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.
For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narow chinks of his cavern."
just a signature

GoGoGengar
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GoGoGengar » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:15 pm

I haven't thought of it deeply but that Key probably opens the Doors of Guf... If anyone knows why it can't be this please enlighten me. I always want to know more about EVA ;)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:16 pm

View Original PostGoGoGengar wrote:I haven't thought of it deeply but that Key probably opens the Doors of Guf... If anyone knows why it can't be this please enlighten me. I always want to know more about EVA ;)

That means the human-shaped key is goung to be inserted into something Vagina-like? Yeah, return to the womb, indeed...

Gendo may plan to stick it into Rei instead of Adam because Adam was lost or something else happened- we have four light giants in SI this time, it probably happened a bit differently.
However it may be, it's a TI related thing...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

The Key is...

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:44 am

Just a thought.

The Key of Nebuchadnezzer...

iiiiiiiiiis...
Evangelion 08!

Gendo will put the Key (being an embryo) in somebodys womb or something, resulting in the quickening of Eva 08.

And the syringe thingy?
It's an early mini entry plug.

Flame on!

GoGoGengar
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby GoGoGengar » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:28 am

I'm not saying the Key is to be used like a normal key... Surely it has some supernatural properties

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:57 am

Note that the handle looks either like balls and a penis or an infinity symbol.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:16 pm

I was seeing it as a clover...
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:33 am

No comment on Key = Eva 08? :(

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 am

A key turning into an Evangelion? That's a little far-fetched. For now, I'd go with Freud. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes a Key of Nebuchadnezzar is just a Key of Nebuchadnezzar.

Nevertheless, I don't think you're entirely wrong in what you're suggesting. The key could very well be associated with Eva-08 or even initiate its creation. But for the key itself to morph into an Eva is quite a stretch.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Tabby-chan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby-chan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:02 am

Interesting concept indeed. Nebby's Key may be a form of an entry plug. After all, it does end near the base of Adam's neck, just like the EVAs.

However, I would deny any connection between Unit-08 and Nebby's Key. Unit-01 and Unit-Mark.06 are the only key EVAs involved here, unless they plan to use Unit-02 again. Which is unlikely, given the remaining circumastances.

Look at Rebuild from a godlike perspective.

From my way of looking at it, it seems that Nebby's Key is related somehow to Unit-Mark.06 or Unit-01. Otherwise, it's designed specifically to relate to a living being, (in this case, Gendou) and kind of begin Third Impact that way.

Still, Lilim or Angel, it's not going to matter. Nebby's Key may be a form or restraint, in addition to the Bakelite, kind of like Lilith's Cross restraint. Adam's body may be in a similar situation to Lilith's.

If this is true, then Nebby's Key is a restraint to Adam, and the small nervous system is Adam's body. Unit-08 is part of Rebuild to distract the viewers from seeing this, but may end up with a larger purpose. Lilith is underground in Level-EEE, on a single restraint, unless the Lance of Longinus that Unit-Mark.06 used at the end of 2.22 will be later added.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 pm

View Original PostTabby-chan wrote:Look at Rebuild from a godlike perspective.

Hold on, first i have to transcend a bit.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:17 pm

View Original PostTabby-chan wrote:However, I would deny any connection between Unit-08 and Nebby's Key. Unit-01 and Unit-Mark.06 are the only key EVAs involved here, unless they plan to use Unit-02 again.

It is pretty strongly implied that Unit 08 either is Unit 01 or is directly related to it.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Tabby-chan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby-chan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:30 am

Well, here's the way I see it: Unit-08 has a dual-plug system which will be used with Asuka and Mari. Asuka, because she can still fight (this is evident; We see a bandaged Asuka-chan looking rather well in the 3.33 preview), and Mari, because she's great with an EVA (other than totally destroying them after the first time going in).

Unit-08 is to replace Provisional Unit-05 and Unit-02, and is in little to no way related to Nebby's Key.

The "Quickening" of Unit-08 is the "movement". In other words, Unit-08 will become fully operational in 3.33. How does this play in with Tabris' attack?

It may be that it'll be a threesome (or a foursome, counting the pilots and not the EVAs) with Tabris, Shin-chan, Asu-chan and Mari. (On a side note, I think I'll make a doujin of that.)

As for 3.33, I believe that the first half will include Asuka's return, the retreival of Unit-Mark.06 by Nerv, (nobody even wonders why she came from the moon in the first place), the "Quickenning" of Unit-08, the meeting of all the Children, the conference with Mari, the introduction of Tabris to all of the pilots (save Mari, I can't imagine her reactions. Negative, sexual, positive, or confused, or even irritated (this may be said conference)), followed closely by the restriction of Nerv.

After this, Nebby's Key will return, probably only to be absorbed by Gendou (why not Fyutsuki?!?!?!?!). It would be short-lived, but this may be the last thing that happens before Unit-Mark.06 descends into Terminal Dogma (AKA Level-EEE).

So it all has to boil down to this: Will it be Unit-08? Or Unit-01? It may be that it HAS to be Unit-08, because think about it: Unit-01 is a CLONE of LILITH. Regardless of the "owner" of any specific Lance, a valid, true Lance of Longinus is what pierced Unit-01. This completely and utterly destroyed the Core of Unit-01. Therefore, it's time for Nerv to create another Clone of Lilith to replace the one in Unit-01's armor. This would explain why Nerv needed to be restrained. Total lockdown until Unit-01 was restored. In the meantime, Unit-08 and Unit-Mark.06 are the only remaining operational EVAs. Unit-01 may return in the Finale, and that would be a great finish. Really, it would. But for the time being, the only possible outcome would have to be a clash between Unit-Mark.06 and Unit-08.

Furthermore, I think GAiNAX was getting some pretty strong, negative reviews about the sexuality in the original series. This may have been the result of, oh, I don't know, the EFFING RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE BOYS (despite Tabris actually being a 30,000 year old woman). It would be nice to see her open up to the girls of Eva, and put some yuri into Rebuild, as opposed to the yaoi implied in the original series. (Or was it hentai? Or was it still yuri?)

My point being, Nebby's Key is designed to take the place of the embryo. Unit-08 replaces Unit-02 and Provisional Unit-05. Unit-01, 02 and 00 are all currently inoperational. To replace Unit-01, Nerv must create another clone of Lilith. In the meantime, Nerv will go on total and absolute lockdown, completely restricting all inside and outside access. Gendou will do something to absorb Nebby's Key, (oh God. What if he injected it like heroin?!?! And if he got that derp face while doing it?!?!!???!?!!), and then, Kaji will kill himself. Exactly why remains in debate. Sometime later, things will go down with any remaining EVAs. Unit-01 may be restored in time. It's just unlikely.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:38 am

Regarding your speculation about how the plot will go, for whatever it's worth:

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Now, perhaps this is just so obvious it doesn't need mentioning, but something hit me in a"duh!" way recently regarding the Next Time Preview.

So far with the previews (well, 2.0 at least), although the images on-screen have not necessarily been retained in the actual film, the dialogue (summary of what will happen in the next installment) has been--and in the order that events happen. Compare the 2.0 Next-Time Preview to the text-filled theatrical posters and you'll see what I mean.

Also, it's assumed that Eva-08 is going to be a repackaged Eva-01 based on discussion here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=10962 Quickening meaning "fetal movement" is why people tend to think this.

But it is always possible that there will be some incoming swerve (at least, there is Eva-07 which was never mentioned in the Preview to begin with for some reason).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Tabby-chan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby-chan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 am

It may be that Unit-07 shares the same fate as Unit-04. No real signifigance other than its destruction. We MAY be getting something on the S2 engine, though.

Come to think of it, the S2 engine is never mentioned in Rebuild. At least, as far as I can remember. If not, is there any particular reason for this?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:38 am

We don't really know yet, but 1.11 does give us a brief Fuyutsuki and Gendo exchange about Fruit of Life versus Fruit of Wisdom. Apparently the S2 Engine WAS mentioned in some cut stuff from 2.0, so perhaps it'll make it in New Movie Edition somehow.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Wed May 29, 2013 6:32 am

Sorry for bumping an old thread but was anything discovered of the strange letters in the scan? or any helpful information of the description of the key. It(not the ones depicting specimen name, but ones right to them) looks similar to the ones we've seen in the chamber of Lilith back in 1.11.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”