Hideaki Anno WANTED To Direct a Nausicaa 2

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 am

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because there's an interesting bit of news: Miyazaki is now willing to let Anno do it if he wants to.

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-22/hayao-miyazaki-open-to-nausicaa-film-sequel-by-evangelion-anno[/url]
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because there's an interesting bit of news: Miyazaki is now willing to let Anno do it if he wants to.

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-22/hayao-miyazaki-open-to-nausicaa-film-sequel-by-evangelion-anno[/url]

Sounds great!!........... But only if it comes AFTER 4.0. We need closure here.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:32 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because there's an interesting bit of news: Miyazaki is now willing to let Anno do it if he wants to.

Uuuuuuuuu! Nice! :kaos_victory:

Anno is the only one who could do this.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Just think: a Hideaki Anno movie distributed internationally by Disney
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm

:scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head: :scanners_head:
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 am

Considering that Anno took inspiration from the final volume of Naushika to create Eva's mindrape scenes, this is more fitting than we perhaps think.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:40 pm

Heard about that the other day, I think it'd be interesting. I'd love for a sequel to be Studio khara's next project once Eva New Movie Edition is finished.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:55 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Just think: a Hideaki Anno movie distributed internationally by Disney

Oh god.

"Get in the fucking robot, Mickey."
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:30 pm

If Pete is Gendo, I must be involved in this fantasy.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

TheDrmcvey
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby TheDrmcvey » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 pm

I'd be really happy to see it. Knowing how much I love Anno's visual style and direction, I could see it being another classic anime film.
Eva Rebirth

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Hideaki Anno WANTED To Direct a Nausicaa 2

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:13 am

Having read the manga now, I can see why Anno wanted (wabts?) to do Nausicaa 7. It would be amazing probably.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Bringing this back from the dead ocne again as it seemed at one point, Anno did make an offer to Ghibli to adapt Nausicaa in live action.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-04-26/ghibli-toshio-suzuki-reveals-live-action-nausicaa-offers/.172132

And Anno wasn't the only director to do so.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:40 pm

Fascinating! Didn't see that as a possibility!
Doing a sequel to Nausicaa as a live action film would certainly be a huge special effects production! If Anno thinks it's possible then damn. Would love to know what he's envisioning. It would be the largest live action film of his career by a giant margin.

I've been thinking lately that it's very likely Evangelion 3.0+1.0 might be Anno's final statement on anime. At least as the center directorial voice. I'm sure if Khara starts to diversify with anime projects from other directors he'll be involved as a producer but as a director I'm getting the vibe he's finished with anime if not for good then for at least the next couple years.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:31 am

Nausicaa in live action doesn't sound like a particularly great idea to me, mostly because it would almost certainly change it's feel radically. I had always thought Hideaki wanted to do an animated sequel (reboot?), no this.
Not to mention that if it was to be a live action then it would need to be a complete rewrite of the manga, to make it all fit in a 2 hour movie or so, or it would be a series of movies.

It's not like I doubt Hideaki's ability to make a good live action movie, to me Love and Pop, Godzilla and especially Shiki Jitsu are all excellent movies, but I don't want something that to me is fatally linked to animation to be turned into a live action. Even if it's good it's just not the same thing.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:51 pm

I agree with the above. Would love to see Anno tackle Nausicaa, but I don't know how well it would work in a live action format. His live action films have been brilliant for the most part, but live action only works when it suits the story being told, and I don't know if that would be the case here. Still, I'm interested in whatever Anno decides to make.

HARVEST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:15 am

A four-part live action Shin Nausicaa film series would be amazing if Anno made it as a co-production between Toho, Studio Ghibli, Studio Khara, and a major Hollywood studio (preferably Disney/Lucasfilm).

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”