How did you choose your username?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Sandman
Lilith

How did you choose your username?

•      
  •      

Postby The Sandman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:20 am

I was wondering what was your decision to named your username and why? Here's my reason to named myself The Sandman:
  1. The Metallica song appropriate named Enter Sandman.
  2. The ECW wrestler of the same name.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:34 am

Ok, so I was in the computer labs at college, right? And me and one of my friends were looking at that famous astromony pictures, you know the one with the nebula that loadsa people were saying they could see Jesus' face in? That one. With the big pillars of gas. So we're talking about it, and my friend says "Actually, looks like a giant penis in space," just as someone else comes in and sits down next to us. He then goes, "Giant Space Penis, eh?" which sets us all laughing. Then, later on I'm trying to think of a username and I remember that.

Hence, the Galacticock was delivered unto you.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

wildarmsheero
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby wildarmsheero » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:49 am

I was 12. I liked the game Wild Arms and I was making this user name on a Gundam Wing site. Put the clues together.
Comic | Art | Music | Blog | Anime | DVDs
The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey, a never-ending journey. The Galaxy Express 999 will take you on a journey into the stars!

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:55 am

I couldn't really think of one, and then one day suddenly I was going through my wallet and I noticed my driver's license.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:26 pm

A long time ago, in a town far, far away, Shenmue was my favorite game. That's it.
Asuka > Rei

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:24 pm

It was over a decade ago now, and I chose the handle from a novella by one of the few authors I've been fanboy-ish enough to get to autograph a book, Vernor Vinge's The Blabber. The original Mr. Tines is a lurking off-stage presence through most of the story, and this line of dialogue

"So who is the real Mr. Tines? The monster who'd smash a world, or the nice guy I'm hearing now?"

just struck me as suited for an occasionally snarky voice from across the 'net.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:54 pm

Mine's? I couldn't think of anything for about 10 minutes, so i just wrote something random, and have stuck with it

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:59 pm

Recently, I had been looking at other anime to see which person seems closer to Rei in terms of their personality. Trowa came in my head as I saw Gundam Wing and that was that.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:06 pm

My username is a takeoff of my real nickname. I got it when I was 6 and I used to hunt grasshoppers with my bb gun. After I got one I would put what was left of the grasshopper on a car hood and after a day of this I would have a bunch of them. Of course being six I would have to show off my mighty hunting display and one day one of my aunts called me a mighty little hunter. Over time the nickname morphed into just "Hunter" and it spread from my family to my friends then to school. When I got into college I got introduced to the Internet by some of my friends and they said I needed a screen name for a program called CUCME, and I picked my nickname. They told me that there were probably already some people with that name and that I needed to add something to make it unique so I chose a ranking I once got in an amateur marksman tournament when I was 17. I placed 21st out of 400 or so other kids under 18 and that is how I chose Hunter21. I’ve had it now for almost ten years and I doubt that I will ever change it.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:12 pm

Ah...My name....it's a secret...but here's a clue,

Marc is to Kram as *blank* is to Anatrok

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:35 am

Behemoth - Sventevith (Storming Near the Baltic)

First official Black-Metal band/album release from the now world famous deathmetal act Behemoth! Nobody know what it means, and that makes me curious....
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:37 am

After one of my favorite shooting games.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:04 am

DatDude

Dat = that

Dude = guy

That Guy or some random net surfer.

Onlyrecently did I learn Dude was the term for a whale penis :wink: so my name could be translated as " That Dick " which is also fitting :lol:
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:24 am

Carl Horn wrote:I couldn't really think of one, and then one day suddenly I was going through my wallet and I noticed my driver's license.

Simply delightful. :lol:

The Sandman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Sandman » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:28 pm

How about you? How did you came up the idea of using the name Evamonkey?
Exit light/Enter night/Take my hand/We off to Never Neverland

Enter Sandman

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:22 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:Mine's? I couldn't think of anything for about 10 minutes, so i just wrote something random, and have stuck with it

You know SSS i always figured you got your name from this FanFic
[url]http://www.evafics.org/read.php?series_id=114[/url]
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:28 pm

Simple.

My former net alias circa 2001 was narquoxiS, a misspelling of "narcosis" and a variant of "Narquoxia," a name my uncle developed in jest for me to use on Phantasy Star Online. Narquoxia was a ghetto spelling of a theoretical ghetto name derived from "narcosis", which I was bent on utilizing after its open-ended use in Marilyn Manson's Holy Wood song "Target Audience", which bore a lot of weight on me at the time.

The name Hex has many diverse points of origin for me, all of which continue to converge as I meditate on the concept I've developed for it. I won't go into its more unsettling details, but it was first introduced to me as a nickname from a first grade student whom I would be pestered by endlessly when I would be forced to babysit the lower grades. My birth name was often too difficult for young children (and some adults), and at that time, I suppose I had begun to develop the aura of a spook as I began studying Satanism and magic on the side, much to the complete and bewildering ignorance of anyone over ten years old. (Kids have a sense about this stuff, it seems). Anyway, I'm fairly certain that this child, a low-grade problemer, the kind that have no ill intent but just never stay in their seat, was awfully enfatuated with me, and was one of the few students at the school who would have tolerated my spiritual depravity (ah, the purity of children), being sole proprieter to such a discouraged existence as well. "Hex" almost seemed affectionate, so I began to write it on all my stuff. I felt that its simplicity and edge suited me better than my birth name, even (which I eventually found to be so ironic, I almost want to keep it).

Anyway, in an effort to combine Hex with narquoxiS, I took the simple path of writing one first and then sticking the other right next to it, resulting in "Hexnarq". I decided that it just didn't have any kind of ring to it, and I was unable to attach any kind of significance to it. It's generally known that the proper form of hex's prefix is "hexa-", but I decided that "Hexanarq" looked ghastly, so I stuck an 'o' in there (I had an extra one lying around) and got "Hexonarq". After that, I just saw "Hexon Arq", heard "Hexon Arc", and...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:51 pm

Hunter21 wrote:
sadsadshinji wrote:Mine's? I couldn't think of anything for about 10 minutes, so i just wrote something random, and have stuck with it

You know SSS i always figured you got your name from this FanFic
[url]http://www.evafics.org/read.php?series_id=114[/url]

I just noticed that...
but no, i just came up with something that would be easy to type, and suited me at the time (depression, etc)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:50 am

My username huh?

I was thinking to have a nickname related to Eva..My first thought was the_second_child..But then it came to my mind a random thought..the number seven which is my favorite..
So here we are! ^_^
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:24 pm

"Wayneiac" is what my brother in-law calls me.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”