Who ate the post counts?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Xard
Banned

Who ate the post counts?

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 am

I can't see them...

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 am

Are post counts really important?
I don't think it's a big deal.

EDIT: Well you can still see someone's post count by going into a person's profile.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:03 am

In lieu of high post count, we want to make length of time as a member the most important stat, given the recent string of members who are averaging almost 20 posts per day. Maybe the ranks will change to reflect the length of time you've been here rather than post count too. We'll just have to see what happens.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:05 am

@Thread title: We were hungry, so we split them among ourselves, roasted them and seasoned them with Chili and Oregano. Very tasty. :tonguegrin:

On a more serious note, we decided to remove them so that people don't try competing for the sake of raising their post count. Quality matters, not quantity. Like the PRPD said, you can always go into someone's profile or look at the member list to see post counts if you want to.

Edit: X-post with Zap. Yes, we're looking to tweak the ranking system as well, but nothing's finalized at the moment. We'll let you know soon enough.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:32 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Are post counts important?
Indeed, I am most grateful that I don't know how many posts I've made on 4chan...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 am

ZapX wrote:In lieu of high post count, we want to make length of time as a member the most important stat, ... Maybe the ranks will change to reflect the length of time you've been here rather than post count too. We'll just have to see what happens.

:tiphat:
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm

This is my Post Count. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Post Count is my best friend. It is my life. I must increase it as I increase my life. My Post Count, without me, is useless. Without my Post Count, I am useless. I must display my Post Count proudly. I must post more than my enemy who is trying to outpost me. I must outpost him before he outposts me. I will....

My Post Count and myself know that what counts in this forum is not the threads we create, or the length of our posts, or the quality of our arguments. We know that it is the number of posts that count. We will post more...

My Post Count is a forum member, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its details, its calculation, its rules and its ranks. I will keep my Post Count high and inflated, even as I am high and inflated. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before the Internets I swear this creed. My Post Count and myself are the defenders of my Avatar. We are the masters of our Boards. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is achieved and there is no highest poster, but me.

Thankfully such thinking may be lessened by this latest alteration to the site.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Who ate the post counts?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Xard wrote:I can't see them...

Blame GasmaskAvenger, Great Genius Shinji-Sama, Ryjin, and ThePRPD for being spam whores.

Edit: The above is a joke. Only ThePRPD is a spam whore.

The above is a joke as well.

I miss the post count. But I reluctantly agree with the others, it's not important.
Last edited by The Eva Monkey on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:45 pm

That seems like a good idea. It's one less out-of-place thing my eyes will have to glaze over, and we all know I'm a sucker for in-place things.

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Are post counts really important?

EDIT: Well you can still see someone's post count by going into a person's profile.

*cough*
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:05 pm

*cough*

*sigh* I may regret asking...

What?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:09 pm

YOU SPAMMED MY POST COUNT AWAY, THAT'S WHAT :flamethrower:

It's not like the count mattered to me but... this looks just weird without numbers. Really weird. Numbers under my avatar were always so comfy and homely ;___;

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:25 pm

I miss the post count too, but I don’t think people should be jumping all over ThePRPD because of it. Its not like he was the only one posting so much.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:06 pm

So we once again fall under the fascism of the EGF old gaurd... V was right!

:wink:

I'm thinking a 'respect' ranking system would actually be a much better idea overall and generally encourage quality posting over quantity.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:09 pm

NemZ wrote:So we once again fall under the fascism of the EGF old gaurd... V was right!

:wink:

I'm thinking a 'respect' ranking system would actually be a much better idea overall and generally encourage quality posting over quantity.

yeah, before today I thought he was a bit looney but EGF staff are totally nazis

(respect system can be good - I've seen it used on other forums - but can also lead to licking the boots)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Xard wrote:yeah, before today I thought he was a bit looney but EGF staff are totally nazis

Erm, I hope that's a joke, but just to put it in perspective, here are posting habits people tend to have (copy/pasted from something OMF recently looked into):

[code:1]+--------------------------+------------+---------+
| username | user_posts | ppd |
+--------------------------+------------+---------+
| GasmaskAvenger | 1700 | 17.8093 |
| Great Genius Shinji-Sama | 2150 | 15.5957 |
| Ryjin | 1227 | 13.1118 |
| ThePRPD | 4613 | 12.3570 |
| Sailor Star Dust | 11924 | 9.6810 |
| esselfortium | 1030 | 8.0660 |
| LiLi | 1471 | 7.7374 |
| schismatics | 1567 | 6.8115 |
| NemZ | 3593 | 6.5728 |
| Sammaeloo | 1310 | 6.2110 |
| Reichu | 11834 | 6.0561 |
| UrsusArctos | 4452 | 4.8783 |[/code:1]

I mean, honestly, are almost 20 posts per day really that necessary unless some exciting Eva news is discovered?

I can understand new members posting a lot (you should have seen how much I posted when I was new!) but for the most part, quality over quantity is where it's at.

EDIT: Okay, I don't think some people are getting it. The post count hasn't completely disappeared, you can still view it on somebody's profile! It's just absent from the public user information to discourage focusing on how many posts you make.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

The top 3 are involved in the post third impact RP in the RP/CYOA-fandom area. They post a lot in their RP discussion and actual RP threads.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Xard wrote:yeah, before today I thought he was a bit looney but EGF staff totally has ADD
fixed for great justice
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Is insulting the staff needed? :ehh:
Xard wrote:this looks just weird without numbers. Really weird.

You'll get used to it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:52 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:The top 3 are involved in the post third impact RP in the RP/CYOA-fandom area. They post a lot in their RP discussion and actual RP threads.

I personally find that strange because I usually post in Fandom or it's RP subforum and my Posts Per Day is less than theirs. :uhh: The reason my total post count is so high OTOH is because I posted a lot as a new member and or participated in some spam Chit-Chat-threads that eventually got locked.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm not the spamming type

i'm just highly active in the RP section

the whole "try & outpost the next person" thing was never my savy
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”