Misato's apartment

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

konfunoodle
Lilith

Misato's apartment

•      
  •      

Postby konfunoodle » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:07 am

What is up with Shinji not taking advantage of living with Misato and Asuka?

Unlike Shinji, i would feel a lot more comfortable living with such a lively person and most certainly get my share of beer with my roomies and penpen.
Also, i would use the apartment building's/nerve's workout gym to get strong, show my six pack to Asuka and say, "how are you going to say no to this, eh?":grin:

If you were/are 14 years old, what would YOU(not Shinji) do if you were set in this position?
Last edited by konfunoodle on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Misato's apartment

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:11 am

konfunoodle wrote:What is up with Shinji not taking advantage of living with Misato and Asuka?

It's because he's Shinji.
At first he wasn't comfortable but over the coarse of the series he does become more comfortable. Up until everything starts falling apart on him.
He doesn't take advantage of Asuka and Misato but he considered kissing Asuka in her sleep in episode 9 but changed his mine because he felt it was wrong.

If you were/are 14 years old, what would you do if you were set in this position?

The same crap minus the cooking and piloting a giant mecha. Asuka is tsunedere enough to do the cooking.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:13 am

I'd drool after Rei, since she's the first girl I saw in Tokyo-3 and everyone knows it's the first girl who wins.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:27 am

I like the "twist" with Asuka and Misato trying to seduce him but Shinji not really responding for various reasons (well, only reacting to Asuka when she's asleep).

If you were/are 14 years old, what would you do if you were set in this position?

I didn't even know what I wanted at 14 years old and I still don't know what I want being 24. I'd probably be too damn busy freaking out over piloting some crazy Mecha that can go out of control on it's own.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Adekis » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:39 am

Umm...
I'd do what Shinji did, but with less apologizing and more standing up for myself.

Asuka isn't really very open to my particular brand of seduction.
Which is a lot less like actual "seduction" than just trying to be there for people I care about.
She'd be like "Rawr, I don't need your stupid help, baka!"

And as for Misato, I don't know that I'd want to hook up with a chick more than ten years older than me. Especially if I'm fourteen.

No, probably, I'd make friends with Rei, hang out with mah stooges more, and maybe try to get a non-Nerv-related girlfriend.

And tell Gendo to GTFO.

See, most of this actually does not have to do with Shinji's living quarters.

So, I guess I just wasted your time with an irrelevant post... sorry, guys.
"Why do you foolish Lilin assume you can control me? 'Cause you can't control me!" - My take on the relationship between SEELE and Kaworu
"[Eva] is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little." - Hideaki Anno

konfunoodle
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby konfunoodle » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:44 am

i'd also through parties and tell Misato that its to boost my confidence to get along with people or not tell her at all since she works a lot
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:52 am

I think Misato would notice. She might act like a ditz, but she's actually very intelligent. Not to mention that there's not enough room at her place anyways. Seriously, there's a map of her apartment, it's tiny. Not good for parties at all.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 am

From the IRC:

<NAveryW> What is up with Shinji not taking advantage of living with Misato and Asuka?

<Fazmotron> maybe he has weird pubic hair
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 am

NAveryW wrote:From the IRC:

<NAveryW> What is up with Shinji not taking advantage of living with Misato and Asuka?

<Fazmotron> maybe he has weird pubic hair

Judging by that scene where his faucet is censored by the toothpick box, he doesn't appear to have any pubic hair. And look how ridiculously short he is, especially compared to his dad. The kid seems to be taking his time with puberty.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:52 am

@Uriel: I'd have to agree, and I will give this example - I am 5'8". Misato is (purportedly) 5'4", and Shinji is 4'11", which means that either I'm really fucking tall, or Shinji (and by extension, Misato and a good bit of the NGE cast in its entirety) is really short, and I'm not tall by a long shot. In all honesty, it'd be a better idea to look at it in perspective - that is, compared to his peers and coworkers, Shinji isn't abnormally short or tall, and the same can be said about the peers and coworkers in question.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:59 am

If you were/are 14 years old, what would YOU(not Shinji) do if you were set in this position?

ohhh boy....I can think of a lot of things

Well during the kiss scene I wouldn't have stopped and probably wouldve copped some feels off Asuka in the process, which would either turn her on or get me slapped, hopefully not the latter.

As for Misato later on in the series when she came ounto me...well I would certainly not do anything to discourage that.

I'd also probably do some questionable stuff with her underwear when she wasn't around.

I'd also probably hang out at Reis place a lot more then Shinji did.

As for piloting, well I'd probably go crazy and destroy stuff a lot more then Shinji did. Tokyo 3 would probably be in ruins long before unit 00 blew up.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

UltraBlackPilot
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby UltraBlackPilot » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:41 am

konfunoodle wrote:If you were/are 14 years old, what would YOU(not Shinji) do if you were set in this position?

Everything in the book
Currently dying of love overdose.
It hurts.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:47 am

konfunoodle wrote:If you were/are 14 years old, what would YOU(not Shinji) do if you were set in this position?

QCF+P. Nothing says "Let's fuck!" quite like throwing a blue, fiery ball of burning Hadou right in someone's face.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:00 am

Lets see, if I were 14 years old and living with two people like Misato Katsuragi and Asuka Langely Soryu...

I'd be a bit passive-agressive with Asuka, but also playful and flirtatious, because that's just me. And if certain cards fell into place, I might make something of it.

With Misato, I'd enjoy her company, but that'd be it. We'd be just friends, but we'd be damn good friends. That kind of friendship you rarely see anymore. She'd be Kamina to my Simon; the Edward to my Alphonse; The Pegg to my Frost.

Sure, it wouldn't be the most ideal life, but it'd be what I'd make of it, and it'd be home.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:39 am

Okay, to seriously answer...

I'd die really quickly in an Eva battle. Or I'd snap and lose it a lot quicker than Shinji.

And, to be honest, I suspect this is what would happen to most of us.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:39 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:

QCF+P. Nothing says "Let's fuck!" quite like throwing a blue, fiery ball of burning Hadou right in someone's face.

Is Hadouken going to be a new slang for an STD?
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:03 am

Every harem lead is expected to go through life oblivious to all the girls craving his body.

For me, 14 is long enough ago to be entirely hazy, combined with being in the middle of a period where I had no exposure to girls my own age, so I'm all out of data points. But I expect I would not have even attempted the kiss in ep 9.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:22 am

I'd invite Misato into my room for some training. I'd take my entry plug, put a plug suit on and put it in Misato's Eva.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Every harem lead is expected to go through life oblivious to all the girls craving his body.

And that's why I hate them all with a scathing passion!

Though there are actually a few exceptions to this.

Ataru Moroboshi from Urusei Yatsura is the biggest one given that he actively chases any haflway decent woman besides lum, thats why I like him more then most other harem leads, and to think he was the prototype for that genre.

Also to a certain extent Itoshiki Nozomu from Zetsubou sensei, though he's never ended up in bed with any of the reacurring characters he has been proven to have sexuality as he keeps getting in bed with lots of strange people we never see again. I wouldn't say he's oblivious to the regular female characters either, he's just scared of them.

If we count reverse Harems, Utena would fall under here too since she actually did end up in bed with one of her potential love interests.

But yeah other then that most harem anime leads are a bunch bland sad cardboard people who I just want to kick int he nuts.

Shinji isn't really a harem anime character though as most of the females in the show aren't actively interested in him. And he's certainly not oblivious to any sexual feelings he might have towards them either. He's just too introverted to directly act on them.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 pm

Well, being close enough to being 14, I would just freak out over having to live in a new house with completely new people AND having to pilot a giant mecha to save the world. I think it would be very awkward.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”