So, evangelion.ca died, where can I get...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AchtungAffen
Banned

So, evangelion.ca died, where can I get...

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:18 pm

the full text about the new info on Evangelion 2 game? I've seen excerpts on AN, but it wasn't complete, it missed the angels part. Anybody saved that? I've looked on gamefaqs but it's not there. And, what happened to the site? It was pretty good.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:33 am

Four chances:
1) Everybody put me on ignore
2) Nobody has a transcription of evangelion.ca's Eva2 article
3) Nobody knows what happened to the site
4) Nobody knows what I'm talking about.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:46 am

AchtungAffen wrote:Four chances:
1) Everybody put me on ignore

That feature doesn't even exist in phpBB2, AFAIK.

2) Nobody has a transcription of evangelion.ca's Eva2 article
Someone will. I'll bet my eyeteeth that Reichu took a copy of it for safekeeping.

3) Nobody knows what happened to the site
Not a clue, myself
4) Nobody knows what I'm talking about.

I do, although I didn't notice until you said it.
Natsukashii, ne?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:05 pm

Have you tried the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/ ? That has an unreasonable amount of the web's past history available for browsing.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:52 pm

No, I hadn't. But that's a hell of a good resource. You just taught me how to fish. Danke schön!

But, I'm stuck here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041013040433/www.evangelion.ca/gameva2.html

I hate when sites do the java popup thingie so you can't get the url's right. I've tried looking in the source code, and it said "games/eva2hacks.html" which I try to add to the url, but no way. Any ideas?

EDIT: Did a search on the whole site archive, but t'seems this page is not there...
My List @ AniDB

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:24 pm

I guess that with the page you're after hidden behind a javascript link, the archiver spider wasn't able to get to that page.

Bummer!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”