"You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:37 am

LowerDefinition17 wrote:you are constantly teased for your love of Rei by your friends

:rei_meh:

Fixed for my predicament. They haven't done it recently, but the years 2002 through 2007 were marked by insults of this nature.

When you write love letters to an NGE character and code them several times over, then create a made-up language and translate said love letters to it to keep your siblings from reading it and subjecting you to their ridicule and judgment. Yes, I'm saying I did that, when I was fourteen, I think.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 am

You know you're obsessed with NGE when you viscerally identify with the plight of school children forced to pilot giant biomechanical robot creatures at the end of the world.

You know you're obsessed with NGE when your reaction to Asuka's mindfuck is "that's fairly accurate, but not as violent as the real thing".
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 am

Merridian wrote:--When you write Eva-related fanfiction.

when you write fanfiction for every other show/series/book/movie/skit/theatre play/music video/PSA/you-name-it you've ever seen at least once in your life... but you can't bring yourself to write EVA fanfiction because it feels like sacrilege. :sweatdrop:

i haven't done half the things listed in this thread... but it's not my fault! i blame my living in a small, third world country-- up until the moment god created check cards, access to EVA-related stuff was near impossible :shinji_boohoo:
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:54 am

When your friends and yourself start to just call each other by the characters they cosplay. When they start to leave the red contacts and grey or blue hair on at random times.

When you sadly prefer your characters name over your own name, well my name is just lame so no surprise there. When you went to college and was so happy when ur roommate left you "even though he looked like the lead singer from dragon force, loved anime and Eva and well there was that time he kissed me and it messed with me ;__;" just so you could be alone and take pictures like this.

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/art/If-Rebuild-was-real-71363561

http://tinypic.com/r/2q8y96q/4
And your girlfriend takes a picture, sends it to you and all you can think about is "hmm, it resembles this.
http://www.evastore.jp/index.cgi?rm=image&id=2888&genre=00_new&page=&key=&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Dirty Mick
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Dirty Mick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 am

If you can play Komm Susser Todd from beggining to end in your head, and all day at work.

And if you realize Pixie's Alec Eiffel syncs up with Carla's avatar. O_o Look at 'em go!

LordCaldwell
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LordCaldwell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:11 am

50 percent of the music you liten to is from the soundtrack, and you start to preform indepth psycoanalytical reviews of your life and others. (not to mention the hundreds on dollars you spend on eva merchandise.
Lord C.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:34 am

Dirty Mick wrote:If you can play Komm Susser Todd from beggining to end in your head, and all day at work.

I can actually play it on the piano.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:03 pm

FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:
Dirty Mick wrote:If you can play Komm Susser Todd from beggining to end in your head, and all day at work.

I can actually play it on the piano.

I can not but our Asuka can, I'm tarded when it comes to the piano.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm also currently writing a short skit for our church's Youth Drama around Komm, susser Tod.

Yeah, I should probably stop trying to convince myself that I'm not Eva obsessed. :sweatdrop:

The FreakyFilmFan within FreakyFilmFan4ever's Mind wrote: Correct. You should embrace that truth.

Shut up!
Last edited by FreakyFilmFan4ever on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Yeah, I should probably stop trying to convince myself that I'm not Eva obsessed. :sweatdrop:

You are (not) alone...
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Natsuka_Chie wrote:

You are (not) alone...

LOLZ!

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:35 pm

That's like the 100th time someone has said that as a response in this forum.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:37 pm

when i began to evvalute the character mental states. also, when i said, "Gendo is a real asshole, i wish he would die."
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:38 pm

That doesn't necessarily mean that your obsessed.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:That's like the 100th time someone has said that as a response in this forum.

I know, but I just like it xD
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 pm

Natsuka_Chie wrote:
Joseph the PRPD wrote:That's like the 100th time someone has said that as a response in this forum.

I know, but I just like it xD

You are (not) alone.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:That doesn't necessarily mean that your obsessed.

the second one, yes, every one says that, the first however is when you know ur obssesed to the point where you know that much about the characters. thats where you go from being fan to freak. :XP: but im proud im an eva freak! XD
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:45 pm

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:
Joseph the PRPD wrote:That doesn't necessarily mean that your obsessed.

the second one, yes, every one says that, the first however is when you know ur obssesed to the point where you know that much about the characters. thats where you go from being fan to freak. :XP: but im proud im an eva freak! XD

Knowing or being curious a lot about a character or the characters in general doesn't really mean you are obsessed either. It's natural for a fan to want to know more about a character or look a little more into it.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Knowing or being curious a lot about a character or the characters in general doesn't really mean you are obsessed either. It's natural for a fan to want to know more about a character or look a little more into it.

i mean i know all of them and have heated debates with the phsyc professor at my college over what they can be diagnosed with!
note: im a history student, not a phsyc student, its just a hobby. weird hobbby eh?
Interesting Quote:

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Not weird. There was actually a poster one time who is a therapist that made a thread about what he/she thinks the characters may have.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”