Angels' Motivations

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

Angels' Motivations

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:04 pm

I searched for this all over the place and found nothing, even read the whole Lilith article in the Wiki.

But why are they attacking Lilith? It wouldn't initiate 3rd Impact. Destroying Lilith wouldn't destroy humanity.

I read that the Angels believe that Lilith is Adam? WTF? So why would they return to Adam? To say "Hi papa!"?

I'm confizzled
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Lilith being a Seed of Life, it could be said that the Angels mistook Lilith for Adam.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Sachi wrote:Lilith being a Seed of Life, it could be said that the Angels mistook Lilith for Adam.

Annnnnnnd? I understand that. So why are they headed towards Adam.... I have yet to be told this

Kaji has cute melons.

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:34 pm

IIRC, CI says (most) of the angels seek Adam in order to initiate 3i on their terms, resulting in Earth being 'reformatted', with all Lillin being wiped out and an eviroment sutable for Adam-based life left in their stead.
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 pm

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:
Sachi wrote:Lilith being a Seed of Life, it could be said that the Angels mistook Lilith for Adam.

Annnnnnnd? I understand that. So why are they headed towards Adam.... I have yet to be told this

They are after Adam in order to cause the Angelic version of Third Impact. This would wipe us out entirely, no Instrumentality, and re-format the Earth to support Angelic life instead of human life.

As for why some head for Lilith, according to the Classified Information:

Some of them were trying to access Lilith and reset all life, some of them had nothing in mind, and some were trying to recover their progenitor Adam.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:47 pm

thewayneiac wrote:
DEMOLITION D+ wrote:

They are after Adam in order to cause the Angelic version of Third Impact. This would wipe us out entirely, no Instrumentality, and re-format the Earth to support Angelic life instead of human life.

As for why some head for Lilith, according to the Classified Information:

Some of them were trying to access Lilith and reset all life, some of them had nothing in mind, and some were trying to recover their progenitor Adam.

So now Adam+Adam= 3I?

Coulda swore it was Adam+Lilith= 3I

Kaji has cute melons.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Episode 19 wrote:Kaji:
That's right.
It's said if an Angel makes contact with Adam, who lies below here,
humanity will be eradicated in the Third Impact.
The only thing that can stop it is the one thing with power equal
to an Angel's, the Evangelion.

Adam + Lilith is what humans need in order get the god-like power to control Third Impact.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:52 am

thewayneiac wrote:
Episode 19 wrote:Kaji:
That's right.
It's said if an Angel makes contact with Adam, who lies below here,
humanity will be eradicated in the Third Impact.
The only thing that can stop it is the one thing with power equal
to an Angel's, the Evangelion.

Adam + Lilith is what humans need in order get the god-like power to control Third Impact.

Is that why Seele sent Kaworu to Nerv, so that their Adam could contact Gendo's Lilith and then they could do their own Instrumentality? I know it's like obvious now that I say it out loud, but I guess I just never put the pieces together. I always wondered exactly how Seele would go about "Advancing their schedule" by sending Kaworu to Lilith.

Now I know. So what, did Seele like tell Kaworu what to wish for once he got there or after he merged with Lilith would they suddenly have control of the reins? lol

Kaji has cute melons.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:04 am

Seele never told Kaworu to go to Lilith, he did that all on his own.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Kaworu%27s_Agenda
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:38 pm

SEELE sent Kaworu to his death. They needed him out of the way for Instrumentality, but they decided to use him for what they could.

brainissues
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby brainissues » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:46 pm

only lilith? remember when Kaji was with the adam when Asuka fights against one angel , berfore the fight Kaji gave adam to gendo , so , the angels in some way are aware about were is adam. correct me if i am wrong
nietzsche is dead he has been killed by god XD

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 pm

Well, the Angels can sense the presence of a Seed of Life, like Adam and Lilith. However, they don't seem to be able to tell them apart, so the other Angels going after Lilith think it's Adam.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:13 pm

question: could they sense adam, though? gendo was carrying the embryo with him, after all. or perhaps the fact that adam was reduced also diminished the SoL vibrations? i guess not, considering the battle with gaghiel, like brainissues mentioned above.

but then, if they could feel adam even in embryo form, why didn't kaworu just... try to find gendo and merge with him? he was going to merge with "adam" until he figured out it was actually lilith. it was only after that, that he decided to let himself be killed... right?

*needs to rewatch episode 24*
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

brainissues
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby brainissues » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 pm

carla wrote:question: could they sense adam, though? gendo was carrying the embryo with him, after all. or perhaps the fact that adam was reduced also diminished the SoL vibrations? i guess not, considering the battle with gaghiel, like brainissues mentioned above.
*needs to rewatch episode 24*

so , justify the battle against gaghiel , in the middle of the sea? c'mon

now just thinking , what if tabriz was aware of his own death , before the terminal dogma
nietzsche is dead he has been killed by god XD

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:59 pm

What if some of them are actually intending to get to Lilith? Maybe they want to get revenge on the evas for killing their siblings. Some might want to make contqact with the enemy, find out why they are fighting in the first place. One or two might even be intent on committing 'suicide by cop'.

They don't all have to be in it for the same reason.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SenorSquiid » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Considering that Angels Attack Nerv-Evas fight back was one of the most important points in the show (sort of the crux of most of the action) I'm surprised this thread died so fast.

Are we so sure that an Adam based life form accessing Lilith actually wouldn't cause some form of 3rd Impact Scenario? Otherwise why go to the trouble of rigging everything to self-destruct if Terminal Dogma is accessed?
fnord

---
I will never stop trashing Magma Diver.
Ever.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:55 pm

View Original PostSenorSquiid wrote:Are we so sure that an Adam based life form accessing Lilith actually wouldn't cause some form of 3rd Impact Scenario? Otherwise why go to the trouble of rigging everything to self-destruct if Terminal Dogma is accessed?

It can be assumed that Kaworu couldn't do anything with Lilith, so he gave up.

The characters who set up the self-destruction thingy just don't want to take any chances, and they might not have known; Misato believed Lilith was Adam for half the series.
- Sachi

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SenorSquiid » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:58 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:It can be assumed that Kaworu couldn't do anything with Lilith, so he gave up.

The characters who set up the self-destruction thingy just don't want to take any chances, and they might not have known; Misato believed Lilith was Adam for half the series.

I'm pretty sure Gendo wasn't going to have himself in a position to be blown up unless he absolutely had to blow up. And the systems were by all account not a lie, so Gendo and Seele and everyone involved in construction would have only but such a measure, that could ruin everything for NERV, SEELE, and everyone in unless the angels reaching Lilith was a serious danger. Otherwise such a measure would have probably just been vetoed.
fnord

---
Ever.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:13 pm

View Original PostSenorSquiid wrote:I'm pretty sure Gendo wasn't going to have himself in a position to be blown up unless he absolutely had to blow up. And the systems were by all account not a lie, so Gendo and Seele and everyone involved in construction would have only but such a measure, that could ruin everything for NERV, SEELE, and everyone in unless the angels reaching Lilith was a serious danger. Otherwise such a measure would have probably just been vetoed.

Once again, they didn't want to take any chances. Seele isn't omnicient, even with the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls, and risking their agenda isn't something they would do.

I'm not saying nothing would happen if an Angel would come in contact with Lilith, but it probably wouldn't be the same as it would if they came in contact with Adam.
- Sachi

SenorSquiid
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SenorSquiid » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

In the DC of #23, there's some definite GNR stuff going on when Overfiend Angel gets sucked into Unit 00, which would have been made from Adam, so logically it would seem something bad was happening with the Angel interacting with Rei/Lilith that was interrupted by the kaboom.
fnord

---
Ever.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”