What do you want to see in Q and Final?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:07 am

People wrote:Mari gets teh Raep

Interesting concept. If nothing else, it would be a great way to peek into Mari's past a bit, thus explaining her capabilities and general mentality to an extent.

Though i for one think that if Mari gets broken or knocked down a few pegs, it will be more physical than psychological. Random baseless prediction: Mari will try to take on the Mark06 on her own, and gets her ass kicked to the Moon. If she were to end up as a hapless plaything in Kaworu's clutches (no, not like that), it would work well to subvert her super badass gung ho action chick status, while showing how ludicrously powerful the Mark06 is. And hey, since this is Kaworu, some random cryptic mindhax might also get mixed into the action.

Lagann wrote:I cant wait for Rebuild version of Kaworu's decent into terminal dogma.

The 3.0 trailer already alludes to that, and if the events shown in said trailer are in a chronological order, than it's pretty certain that the Decent will play out differently, since Kaworu is shown to be alive in a later shot.

And before someone mentions it: unlike the first trailer for 2.0 at the end of 1.0, the jikai for 3.0 actually contains prime quality footage, so i think it will turn out to be much more faithful to what actually happens in Q.

BTW, IIRC ROTFLWTFRYOBRBAFKB, Rebuild discarded the term Terminal Dogma. Now it's just Central Dogma (unless there is something even below that).

@Teague: Why thank you.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 am

I still think Mari's not important enough to warrant a backstory/mindrape. We'll probably find out who she's working for, but not that she has an Electra complex and likes ramen noodles.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

slkdragon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby slkdragon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:57 am

Xard wrote:Las Betes? What?

Song is children's song "Today is time to say goodbye" (if translated of course)

"Today" is the song that plays during Unit-01's Dummy Plug activation. "Las Betes" plays before that, when Unit-03 goes on the offense.
Fair warning: I have the quirk of reading your posts with the voice of your avatar.

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:16 pm

SaltyJoe wrote:
People wrote:Mari gets teh Raep

Interesting concept. If nothing else, it would be a great way to peek into Mari's past a bit, thus explaining her capabilities and general mentality to an extent.

Only on Evageeks is rape considered an effeciant way to get to know someone... :asuka_thumbsup:
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Mind rape to be exact.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

nyugvo6
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nyugvo6 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:51 pm

what I wanna see is Mari-Asuka interaction... the best would be if: while Shinji and Rei trapped inside, ISRAFEL attacks, and it's up to Mari and Asuka to get themselves synchronized. Remember how it went with Shinji? now imagine the same thing but with MARI it's a guaranteed bitchfight to death and last piece of cloth, especially if Mari tells about her time in Asuka's mommy.

'Hey Asuka I accidentally your mom.' :asuka_geh:
one two, one two...

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Actually Mari vs. Angel Asuka sounds awesome! still Shinji vs. Angel Asuka would have more impact...
I'd like to see a berserk/beast-mode Unit-00 but Zuruel ate it!
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:56 pm

nyugvo6 wrote:what I wanna see is Kaworu-Asuka interaction...

Fixed for justice and cookies. :P

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Angel Shinji in Re-Take was bad enough (though it was executed quite well and everything) so Angel Asuka would be just as bad. Enough fans already hate Shikinami (and Rebuild Rei) anyway. -_-;

Just sayin'.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:44 pm

What is there to hate about Rebuild Rei? :rei_hissyfit:

I never really had a major interest in Re-take.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Shinji vs. Angel Asuka would actually make more sense at this point than Shinji vs. Kaworu. Kaworu's introduced very late in the series; Asuka's been around for longer. Plus, Kaworu being crushed would no longer have much shock value... :nyao:
Last edited by Lucretius on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:44 pm

But we've already, in effect, had Shinji vs. Angel Asuka in Unit 03.

Also, you are seriously a broken record, Luc. :P

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 pm

'cept Asuka wasn't in control and it wasn't Shinji fighting the possessed Eva.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:30 am

nyugvo6 wrote:what I wanna see is Mari-Asuka interaction... the best would be if: while Shinji and Rei trapped inside, ISRAFEL attacks, and it's up to Mari and Asuka to get themselves synchronized. Remember how it went with Shinji?

Excellent doujin material, i must say.

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Zuruel

I've been meaning to ask: is that an intentional misspelling?

Joseph the PRPD wrote:What is there to hate about Rebuild Rei?

Nothing, but i'm surprised how well fans have taken to the fact that Rebuild Rei is basically ripped out from the pages of the Dating Sim spinoffs. She has about as much otherwordly grace and an air of all knowing wisdom mixed with a quiet pathos about her as a can of beans. I guess, in the end, it's the shipping that matters.

TBH, i think she is even more insipid than Shikinami regarding her interactions with Shinji:

Shinji:"Here, food."
Rei*big red Bambi eyes*:"I'm in luvz."

Ugh.

That's why, if 3.0 will have the running time to pull of such a stunt, i want to see:Rei making it out first from Eva-01 instead of Shinji. Shinji getting some serious time out with Yui in Sho could do wonders with pretty much every other character and the plot, too: the adults could devote themselves towards unlocking the mysteries of the story, Kaworu could interact with other people instead of just Shinji-kun, becoming actually fleshed out, and the Harem, having lost it's center, would be forced to develop on their own, finally stepping out into the third dimension.

And IMHO, no other character could benefit so much from being separated from Shinji as Rei. If we get down to the bottom of it, i think Rebuild Rei needs Shinji more than vice versa. So hers is a story of emotional self discovery. Well, she already made it out to sea.. but can she handle a storm? How would she react to being ripped apart from her emotional anchor (Ikari)? How does she view Gendo? What does she think about him now? How will this new, more emotional Rei will handle the fact that the time to be used for the purpose she was made for in the first place draws nearer and nearer?

Tremendously interesting, if you ask me.

Lucretius wrote:Plus, Kaworu being crushed woould no longer have much shock value... :nyao:

Kaworu revealing himself as an archvillain, and killing Rei while Shinji is forced to watch, on the other hand....broken record:Villain!Kaworu,Villain!Kaworu,Villain!Kaworu,Villain!Kaworu,Villain!Kaworu,Villain!Kaworu..

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:53 am

SaltyJoe wrote:
Joseph the PRPD wrote:Zuruel
I've been meaning to ask: is that an intentional misspelling?

Accidental misspelling.

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:01 am

We need to dig in Mari, so I'm looking for a Mari mindrape scene or whatnot, and who told you that Mari is irrelevant? Mr. Anno wouldn't put her in rebuildeverse if she is of no importance to the story.

Also, we need closure to what happen to teh Asuka. I hope this time, she'll be 20% Angel 80% Human...so she can kick Shinji's ass with angelic powers - ripping Shinji's clothes in school using ATField. :devil:

Napul
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Napul » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I want Shinji x Rei End! :pray:
Omluvte hor

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:56 pm

^WOW, you might want to shield that from the A/S shippers

their collective heads may asplode (and I don't mean that in a sexual way)
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Just a thought that i had. You know how in NGE Eva Unit 04 disappears after the supposed failure of the S2 engine test at the Nevada NERV base-never to be seen or heard from again? What if in Rebuild, that it suddenly re-materializes again somewhere on the planet, at a critical moment and either allows NERV HQ Japan to use in its operations or becomes another walking infected angel?

How cool would that be? Would be even better if it suddenly re-materializes during a heated Eva vs. Angel battle in Tokyo 3. lol.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:24 pm

A definite ending for once. They already are trying to be different with this version of eva, so might as well go all the way and make a more traditional series with a clear cut ending, we already got the up in the air ending of the tv series.

Be great to see a generally less bloody ending, something more hopeful while still being kick ass.

I would also like to see perhaps a time skip of an ending with a brief showing of the characters a bit older.

Rather see something different than just eva with some modifications. 2.0 seems to be going in the right direction on this front with a whole lot of changes, so definitely something completely different this time around is what I hope for, and not just happy EOE.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”