Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:28 pm

First of all I am really really sorry for asking something that I know has been explained probably, but I've looked back a few pages and I can't find a clear explanation.

I read the Wiki about ASUKA-EVA-SYNTHESIS.

Does this mean Asuka no longer exists in a human form in the Anima world?????

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 am

Split from here:
View Original PostReichu wrote:If it throws the Evas' native souls and "return to the womb" metaphors out the window, "fine" would not be a good word.

What do you mean with throwing out of the windows those metaphors? The concept of souls inside the Evas still seems to be present in Anima.
View Original PostReichu wrote:But Anima seems to be more Yamashita having fun (...using the least suitable platform imaginable for his mecha fetishism) than any attempt to stick to canonical concepts anyway.

From what little we know Anima is at least closer to Eva proper than Sore o Nasumono; about the platform, actually light novels about mecha stories are fairly common.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:09 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:about the platform, actually light novels about mecha stories are fairly common.
Except that Evangelions being cyborgs aren't actually mecha as such. I think that's what Reichu was meaning by Evangelion being a less suitable starting point for mech fetishism.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 am

My bad in this case, anyway his Asuka-Eva synthesis doesn't seem like the product of someone obsessed only with mecha fetishism.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:43 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:The concept of souls inside the Evas still seems to be present in Anima.

Yui is in Eva-01 and Kyoko is in Eva-02? I don't closely follow Anima, but I haven't heard so much as a whisper about these two.

From what little we know Anima is at least closer to Eva proper than Sore o Nasumono

Sore o nasumono is Yamashita and Kio's illustration book -- are you referring to a specific part of its contents?

The "mecha fetishism" refers to Yamashita's obsession with loading down the biological Evas with mechanical gizmos and doodads up the wazoo. It's all mecha fanboy design wankery: By Yamashita's own admission, the Evas are at their most powerful when they are bare. Not to mention, the Evas' groundbreaking streamlined design gets lost amidst all the bulky attachments; and with their distinctiveness gone, they become exactly what the concept was trying to get away from at inception. In other words... just another "mecha" in the mecha crowd.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:53 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Yui is in Eva-01 and Kyoko is in Eva-02? I don't closely follow Anima, but I haven't heard so much as a whisper about these two.

I don't understand if Yui is still inside Eva-01, she definitely was inside it because she gave it to Shinji. About Kyoko, Hikari knows that there's a soul inside Heurtebize, she seems to think that it's Kyoko's one.
I can't remember anything else about this topic, after all we mainly heard "whispers" about Anima in general, I'm thankful to symbv for giving us at least a vague idea of what's the deal with Anima.
View Original PostReichu wrote:Sore o nasumono is Yamashita and Kio's illustration book -- are you referring to a specific part of its contents?

Yeah, I should have been more specific, I was referring to his unused film scenario.
View Original PostReichu wrote:The "mecha fetishism" refers to Yamashita's obsession with loading down the biological Evas with mechanical gizmos and doodads up the wazoo.

Those follow the rule of cool, anyway he also featured an Eva with human face, hair and stuff like I said before. Also, in term of bulkiness probably he reached the limit with the Type-F made for Eva2, and featured initially in Anima, the designs made specifically for Anima are sometimes less streamlined compared to the series but they're not that bulky.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Found on 2chan

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Oh my, I suppose that they're referring to Lucretius' spear from the Rerum Natura, this is quite fascinating...
Did they seem to mention something about it?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Don't remember and thread seems to be gone now.

This was also in there

Still no Shinji plutsuit :\

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:02 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Don't remember and thread seems to be gone now.

I see, actually google reverse search gives the thread's link now but it's been deleted in fact.
View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Still no Shinji plutsuit :\

Is this the curse of Evangelion ANIMA?

I've found scans of the June and July issues, they're watermarked but I thought that I could share them anyway.

2012-06:

2012-07:

What has happened to Hiroyuki Utatane's illustrations?
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Is this the curse of Evangelion ANIMA?

Hopefully not.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:What has happened to Hiroyuki Utatane's illustrations?

He did August and September. Yamashita probably needed space for his glorious new supereva

Image Image

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:17 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:He did August and September. Yamashita probably needed space for his glorious new supereva

Thank you TMBounty_Hunter, I guess that this one is the October illustration:
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 am

I have not checked every post here so bear with me for asking: Is there anything that needs my translation. When I left EGF last time I think I still got a couple of chapter synopsis untranslated. Is translation still needed? Let me know...

Btw I may not check EGF very often these days so if you want quick reply please send PM. Also I no longer have the scans so if the chapter synopses need translation I would need someone to tell me where I can find them.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 am

I'm not completely sure about it, since I left before you and you kept working on it with TMBounty_Hunter, but I can see six untranslated synopsis on the wiki, you can also directly take the pictures from there.
Thanks once again for your precious help, symbv.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'm not completely sure about it, since I left before you and you kept working on it with TMBounty_Hunter, but I can see six untranslated synopsis on the wiki, you can also directly take the pictures from there.
Thanks once again for your precious help, symbv.

Actually if anybody had contacted me in private I would have continued with the work. On the other hand, I never went back check EGF after I left so if anything was discussed in the forum I would not know.

So only those 6 synopses? No more synopsis that came after we last touched base with each other?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:48 am

TMBounty_Hunter hasn't posted other scans after the May issue, which is the last one on the wiki, I've found some crappy scans of the June and July, but unless I'm blind only the July issue has a synopsis (actually they changed its format as well, there's no background illustration).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Hrm not sure how I missed the sudden burst of activity here...

As already mentioned I stopped getting Dengekis so no more scans from me after the May issue that wrapped up S2. Magic may happen on christmas but no guarantees.

Those 6 synopsis are pretty much what's left for now, would be interesting to see if there's anything significant there. Thanks again symbv!

lemonjeer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lemonjeer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Hrm not sure how I missed the sudden burst of activity here...

As already mentioned I stopped getting Dengekis so no more scans from me after the May issue that wrapped up S2. Magic may happen on christmas but no guarantees.

Those 6 synopsis are pretty much what's left for now, would be interesting to see if there's anything significant there. Thanks again symbv!

Thanks for all the scans you've done in the past.

It seems that there are 2 more issues to go and then the ANIMA'll be finished. I don't quite get it since I don't know no Japanese.
Check it out here: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2006.html
i love EVA!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:15 am

Think I'm going to cave and buy that Anima Visual Book soon.

Soon...

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 pm

View Original Postlemonjeer wrote:Thanks for all the scans you've done in the past.

It seems that there are 2 more issues to go and then the ANIMA'll be finished. I don't quite get it since I don't know no Japanese.
Check it out here: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2006.html

Hrm well that's interesting to hear. Can anyone with moonrune knowledge clarify this?

From what I can gather the most recent Dengeki Hobby (released christmas) is the February 2013 issue and states there's 2 more issues left?

If it's all done and done by february I might start raiding people's couches for change....
Although I suspect there will be some post-ending stuff as well in the follow-up issues.

EDIT:
最大加速で突っ走る次回にご期待ください!!

:scanners_head:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”