Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:06 pm

That was a one-off scratchbuild. There was never any plans to mass produce it unlike the Super Eva, which was designed as a toy from the beginning.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Kinda sad, because the figure itself was awesome. Though I don't know how many sales gathered the Super Eva (which I'm planning to buy one), they should at least release it as a limited item.

Well I guess I'll stare at the magazine pages instead....

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Minna no Eva Fan has pictures from Wonder Festival, and one shows a new version of the Super Eva figure, equipped with the Vortex gear. All the green parts are gone and replaced with blue. See it here.

Edit: It's on the news page already, I see. My bad.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:14 am

My two cents on this: after reading some of the translations, and looked at the pics, goddamn I was blown away.

IMHO, there's enough material to inspire new fanfic ideas, with a mix of the badass and the cute... Suddenly I remember all those post-EP.24 "what-if" fics... Gospel of Malachiel, Ascension of the Lamb... and EVA-R.

Somebody should really help out translate most, if not all, of ANIMA. Hot damn.

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:06 am

You would think with as big of a deal Eva is, that this thing would be fan translated with no problem. Random Hentai games get full fan translations every other day. You can't tell me there is more of an interest in that then Anima.

But for those fine few brave soldiers who are taking it on I salute you. I just wish you had some reinforcements in the wing.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm

TMBounty_Hunter are there more scans of Anima yet?

Also anyone know of a good fansub?? I'm eager to read the novel.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 pm

September Dengeki Hobby has been out since July 24th. I don't have my copy yet. I ordered mine to be shipped together with the ANIMA Visual Book but that got delayed from July 24th to August 11th. Hopefully it ships before the week ends and you'll have the newest raws by the end of the month.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:43 pm

I see, well I'll just have to wait, your scans are pretty top notch.

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:29 am

Well, I received the Anima Visual Book today. Pretty thin (82 pages) and it's missing a few of the images that we've seen in the scans, but there's a few new images which are pretty cool and it's really nice to have all the illustrations (particularly the Eva designs) grouped together by topic. Was hoping to get one page per illustration for the character art though, but instead we get one large image per character and the other artworks of them are sort of 'thumbnailed' elsewhere on the page.

My favorite stuff is the pages dedicated to the Evas themselves, which are put in order of the stages of upgrades that they go through (yay CQB design, I love that thing). We get names for these such as "Zero atmospheric pressure and zero gravity model" (Eva-00 variants) and "Evangelion Euro II Heurtebize" (the silver Eva-02). We've all seen the Type F Eva-01 model (as in model kit), but we get to see Eva-00 and Eva-02 Type F models here too, which are awesome. The only other physical rendition of these I've seen is the Type F trading figures, which are tiny.

A phrase on the first page.. "Homo Homini Deus [] Vel Lupus" - 'man is a god to man [] or a wolf' is what Google tells me. Haha, on the contents page Toji is pointing to the sky, I think telling the Rei clones "Over there is Laputa!". They seem impressed XD The entire serialized story is collected in the book... might make translation attempts a bit easier, I dunno. There's a bunch of photos of the Super Eva Chogokin, the Arming Tree (which I bought a few days ago :D) and Vortex-equipped Super Eva Chogokin.
Last edited by Riotgear on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:41 am

View Original PostRiotgear wrote:but we get to see Eva-00 and Eva-02 Type F models here too, which are awesome.

The Type-F 00 and 02 did originally appear in Dengeki Hobby back around 2003 to 2005, I'm not really sure. I have some crappy scans of the old GNN pages from then. I've contemplated trying to hunt down the old dengekis with those articles but my bookshelfes are already getting full.

Really hope amiami hurries up and ships my stuff soon >_>

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The Type-F 00 and 02 did originally appear in Dengeki Hobby back around 2003 to 2005, I'm not really sure.

Aah, I had no idea! I'm glad I've finally got to see them, at any rate.

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Really hope amiami hurries up and ships my stuff soon >_>

I know, I have the 2.0 complete works ordered through them (though I suspect its release has been delayed anyway). Apparently they're not shipping anything 'til the 18th at the moment :/

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:49 pm

View Original PostRiotgear wrote:Aah, I had no idea! I'm glad I've finally got to see them, at any rate.

I dug around a little and I'm not fairly sure this all happened in mid-2003 when the Eva2 game was being advertised. Yamashita was doing his stuff with Dengeki Hobby as well as Bandai with the design of the F-Type Shogouki model kit. I still need to buy that damn kit.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/7580/ftype02.jpg
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7011 ... 329648.jpg

View Original PostRiotgear wrote:I know, I have the 2.0 complete works ordered through them (though I suspect its release has been delayed anyway). Apparently they're not shipping anything 'til the 18th at the moment :/

2.0 Complete Records is currently due to be out on the 31st if amazon.co.jp and HLJ aren't lying.

Amiami finally got my order ready on the 10th, I paid then andthey spent the 2 days before vacation not shipping my order >_>
Actually they shipped it on the 12th but the email notification failed and I only got the shipping notification on the 21st

-------------------- NEW POST -------------------- Aug 24th 10:49

October Dengeki Utatane page

-------------------- NEW NEW POST -------------------- Aug 24th 13:44

Mailman brought my September Dengeki, ANIMA Visual Book and RG Gundam.

This is all you get for now because it's too damn awesome. From near the back of the ANIMA Visual Book:

SPOILER: Show

September Dengeki raws will have to wait at least a week because I'm busy trying to get a prop ready for a convention this upcoming weekend.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Toji has a cyborg arm, eh? I guess Yamashita didn't get the deleted scene from EoE. Or he didn't care. What a rebel!
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:31 am

I noticed one thing about Asuka, in one of the scans: she's wearing stockings, and so the term Absolute Territory has gone a long way from where it came. :)

Edit: TM, you got this already?
http://www.jbox.com/SEARCH/APB548_Evang ... isual_Book

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:13 am

old posts here, people seem to have stopped replying complete to this:
SPOILER: Show
---------------------Original post Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:22 am---------------------

Yes soul.assassin, that's where that Yamashita 2-page spread is from.

The other new pic from the Visual Book:

And a full, slightly improved version of the pic that was published in the August Dengeki is used as the cover pic. Have a kinda crappy detext:

At this point in time I really don't feel like scanning the whole Visual Book. All the illustrations are old and there has been pretty much no progress on translation other than a rough draft of Ch1 from over a year ago. However I'm willing to do it if someone translated the blurbs explaining the stuff. They're not written in the wierd narrative style that the main chapters are so the Yamashita=MAD excuse doesn't apply.

I'm also seriously considering dropping monthly scans from Dengeki Hobby because classes start again in a week so I'll have way less time once the semester warms up plus the magazines are getting pricier. Also my hosting expires at the end of the year and I'm not planning on renewing it. Grab it while you can. I'll consider moving the stuff to mediafire or something later.

September Dengeki raws will probably come later this week (since I already have it) and October Dengeki probably in 2 weeks time (since it's in the mail).

After that we'll see what happens depending on whether anyone takes up the proposition.

--------------------- NEW POST ---------------------

September raws:
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 09_RAW.rar

October raws:
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 10_RAW.rar

The super awesome image from this month:

それはアスカの姿の巨人、エヴァと混じり合ったアスカにも見えた。
This is Asuka's giant form, Eva mixed with Asuka is what you see.

or something like that

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:54 am

Oh wow. 80 freakin' meters of Asuka. Reminds me of that ol' "Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman". :lol:

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:23 pm

When I saw the image I though it was some kind of fan drawing or some fanservice thing, never imagined that they actually fused Asuka with unit 02. Any more info on that??

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Freaky I wonder if Shinji will be able to merge as well? Or any other pilots for that matter.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Oh wow. 80 freakin' meters of Asuka.

That just might be the scariest idea that ran through my mind today.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:12 am

It looks like Yamashita tried to make a mecha musume Eva even though Evas were supposed to be organic since the beginning.
I'm looking forward for some 00-Rei (this time with mechanical part and not just the giant white Rei that exploded in 23').
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”