Ten Favorite Eva Moments?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

NickFury90
Tunniel
Tunniel

Ten Favorite Eva Moments?

•      
  •      

Postby NickFury90 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:13 pm

As much as you guys have watched this series, you know there are some

10. ALTERNATE WORLD

One of the few things I actually enjoyed about those clusterfucks of an ending. The morning wood joke had me rolling, and it was nice seeing Yui/Gendo together. Shinji not acting like an emotionally-crippled and sexually confused 14-year old was nice to see, and I can't help laughing when he puts his head out the window with the other two dorks. This should have been some kind of alternate universe spin-off show, and it was sad to see the segment end and go into that "CONGRATULATIONS LULZ" bullshit.

9. You Should Smile

After a badass BOOM HEADSHOT battle, Shinji unintentionally becomes like his father, fearing for Rei's life and breaking open the pod. Shinji doesn't want her to be sad, but Rei's like "I don't believe I have tear ducts, so don't worry about that." She looked so lost when she apologized. However, when Shinji suggests a smile(which seems pretty hypocritical, since Shinji spends most of the series doing the exact opposite), she sees the warmth of Gendo in him. The music and Rei's smile always tears me up a bit, and it was the first moment that made me think, "Ok, this series can be really good".

8. See! I'm sure I'm right this time.

Episode 11 gets a lot of shit because of the Ghibli artstyle, but a lot of my favorite moments come from this one. Its rather funny, which is extremely rare for Evangelion: Where All The Characters Are Fucked Up And You Are Truly Alone In The World. Even Gendo has one brief moment of comic relief! My favorite part though has got to be when Asuka(the impromptu leader) thinks she finds a safe exit, just to find the Angel they were running away from. When the music stops and Rei/Shinji just stare at her like "Bitch, yous a dumbass", I swear I crack up every time.

7. You brushed your teeth, didn't you?

I was pretty sure I was gonna put Misato/Kaji here, but Asuka/Shinji squeks by. If there was any person right for Shinji, it would have to be Asuka. Rei's his mom, Gay Plot Device is a guy, and Misato has nymphomaniac eyes only for Kaji. Plus, its pretty obvious that she really liked Shinji, so this moment becomes even better. It was so awkward, the way Asuka tried to play it off like "Oh, its because I'm bored", and Shinji, well being Shinji. WTF @ holding your breath though. Even kissing Asuka is deadly.

6. Dance Like You Mean It

Theres gonna be a couple more Asuka moments on here too. Don't blame me thats she the best character on this show. Anyway, Asuka and Shinji got their ass handed to them so bad, the animation crew couldn't be bothered to even show it to us. Kaji comes up with the completely ridiculous but awesome plan that they should use a synchronized dance routine to defeat the giant alien attacker. I'm really split on which is my favorite part; the 80s montage or the actual dance attack, so pretend its both ok? They're both great fun.

5. It'll work better than the pilot

Gendo pulls the ultimate dickhead move as he forces his son to physically mutilate his best friend. Man, the kids watching this show were in for a surprise with this shit. Really gory, creepy, sickening, and awesome. Shinji's girly scream at the end really sells it for me. Oh Gendo, don't ever change. *Gendo's theme comes on*

4. HALLELUJAH

A great mindfuck sequence that gives a lot more depth to Asuka that was hinted at earlier in the series. You can see her opinions about her mom, Rei, Shinji, Kaji, etc, and at the end she's pretty much been raped by a thousand laughing clowns(or whatever freaky analogy you wanna use). And that MUSIC! I'm sorry, but I was cracking up so hard, especially because they played through the whole damn last half of the episode. That Spear of Destiny throw was epic as fuck.

3. We were always together!

Whoa, four Asuka moments? Didn't see that coming. Honestly, I could make a top ten moments simply from EoE, but I won't. Had to be this though. "I don't wanna die", JSSDF ownage, Eva battle, Death Scene...all incredible stuff. Asuka comes back from that emotionally-handicapped shell of hers, and for a few brief shining moments, she gets to be the hot-blooded firecrocth warrior we all know.

*edit* Whoops, miscounted, thats FIVE Asuka moments. She takes up half the list :asuka_thumbsup:

2. Episode 19

"What!? You can't put a whole episode!" Fuck you, you argumentative bitch, its my list. This episode is pretty much perfect from beginning to end. Shinji quiting didn't have the selfish cowardice and annoying ass "ambience" of episode 4. The angel was super badass, and even Asuka's Weapon Cache of Doom™ was ineffective. Asuka's mech head flying through the air and smashing into the Bitch Ass African-American brother center was crazy, and Shinji growing some balls and doing the best fight scene in the TV series was sooo cool. I marked(wrestling term) the hell out when Shinji yelled at Misato to hit the launch pad. And of course, the picture above says it all about the ending. Love, love, LOVE this episode. So what could be number one? What could possibly top this?

1. Tumbling Down, Tumbling Down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Yoi_IAAQk

The absolute best moment in the entire Evangelion series, hands down, end of story, do not past go, do not collect 200 dollars. You can have a different opinion on whats the best part, but much like saying N'Sync is the greatest band ever, you'd simply be wrong.

Thats better. Don't let it happen again, bitch.
Last edited by NickFury90 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I can't agree with people who believe the mole under Ritsuko's eye represents her fear of inadequacy or some other crap"
Captain_Morgan, on Neon Genesis Evangelion

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Ten Favorite Eva Moments?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:56 pm

NickFury90 wrote:2. Episode 19
This episode is pretty much perfect from beginning to end.

Yeah, pretty much.

My personal favorite, this episode had so much going on. It doesn't get much better than the melon patch scene set to Thanatos.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm

NickFury90 wrote: This should have been some kind of alternate universe spin-off show]

A spin off manga based on that alternate reality sequence was made.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Barong
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Barong » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Turn your list upside down and erase all that crap about the series ending being bad et voilà: Pretty much my choices.
and he who forgets will be destined to remember

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:A spin off manga based on that alternate reality sequence was made.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days.

^is awesome :thumbsup:
SPOILER: Show
altough the Shinji+Asuka ending of the first part of AD made me go a bit like :grmf: (cause i want Asuka all for myself) but because the Shinji+Asuka thing is in the whole series, and i realy mean ALL of them, i'm pretty much used and ok with it :tongue:

i pretty much want this in all of the series:
Asuka> :huggles: <me, lol... :nyao:
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

NickFury90
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby NickFury90 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Fixed images
"I can't agree with people who believe the mole under Ritsuko's eye represents her fear of inadequacy or some other crap"
Captain_Morgan, on Neon Genesis Evangelion

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:41 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
NickFury90 wrote:2. Episode 19
This episode is pretty much perfect from beginning to end.

Yeah, pretty much.

My personal favorite, this episode had so much going on. It doesn't get much better than the melon patch scene set to Thanatos.

agreed

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 pm

I'd put Shinji strangling Asuka in place of the MP Eva battle, and the Leliel sequence in the place of the dancing stuff, but otherwise our lists pretty much line up.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Excellent idea for a thread, excellent list, excellent inclusion of screen caps, but you still have the annoying tendency to piss me off by dissing EoTV and ep. 4. :angry!!: :fume: :argh: :explode: :rant: I will put some serious thought into this when I get time and reply with my own list, but probably minus screen caps.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

TheRatherDVD
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TheRatherDVD » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:06 am

My favorite moment was when in EoE Kom Susser Tod played. I just LOVE that scene.
Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono.
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
and we can sing just like our fathers.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 am

That's a pretty good list (though I'm not quite so much of an Asuka fan...). Half of the stuff you mentioned makes my top ten as well. Granted, I don't have fancy screen-caps, but I figured I'd throw mine up while I'm here.

10. “Komm, Susser Todd” sequence in EoE.

9. Ep. 11. The beginning of the episode: “Ikari’s got me doing bitch work today. These city council meetings are pointless; the Magi run the whole country anyway.” Whenever the bureaucracy interrupts Fuyutsuki’s life, I can feel his pain.

8. All instances of technobabble in the series, but I think EoE takes the cake in that regard.

7. Asuka vs. the Sky Giants! The shot that closes “Rebirth” and kicks off the fight is one of my favorites in the series.

6. Kaworu dying.

5. Ep. 18. Bardiel, the Dummy Plug, and Gendo Ikari.

4. Kaji’s intermittent spouts of deepness. Especially his ‘gulf that divides man and woman’ speech.

3. Ep. 16. The whole buildup to “let’s just throw nukes at it ‘til it goes away” plan was fantastically shot.

2. Ep. 19. Specifically the part where Shinji gets his arm blown off and the blood paints Gendo’s face. I love that. And then at the end of the episode, where Gendo & Alfred are watching the scene unfold from Olympus, Gendo is STILL covered in blood.

1. “One More Final”. I really don’t know what to say about this scene. I just really liked how the whole epic ended.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:20 pm

crap. now i have to rewatch the series.

there goes my weekend. *sigh*

(read: awesome thread idea! will post my own list soon!)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:12 pm

I memorized mine, so I don't have to rewatch. :grin:

10. Rei (Not) Gone Wild
Rei I

Yes, the very awkward part between Shinji and Rei of episode 5. Not because of HER, but because of HIS REACTIONS. They're priceless. This moment continues the motif that's ongoing throughout the series that the clothing the characters wear represents the "mask" they put on in front of others. The only time you see their true feelings or emotions is when their not wearing that "mask", and the visual motif has them naked.

9. Shinji Can (Not) Fight
Angel Attack - The Beast

Despite the fact that all Shinji really did was trip and his butt whooped (or head smashed, in this case), any animated moment that has the missile peel back down the invincible creature's arm, morph animation, and giant creatures that stare back at you after a battle is AWESOME!

8. The Asuka Syndrome I
Asuka Strikes - Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!

If Shinji is Charlie Brown, then Asuka is the hybrid of Lucy Van Pelt and "The Little Red-Head Girl". Her fighting style is very different from the other pilots, but then so is everything else about her. More of the clothing motif when Asuka clothes herself with her plug suit! I mean, look how baggy that thing is on here before she vacuum seals it. Rei's plug suit in Rei I-II fit her almost perfectly before vacuum sealing it. Either this might be considered a character commentary, or maybe I'm reading too much into it. And I also wonder if Shinji wearing Asuka's plug suit has anything to do with this motif...

7. Gendo Actually Does Stuff
The Day Tokyo-3 Stood Still

What-do-ya-know, he actually will get up and DO things... ESPECIALLY when the air conditioning is out! Oddly enough when everyone else is showing unusual amounts of effort and determination, the usually determined and soon-to-be-promoted Misato is stuck in an elevator with her ex. It's also good to know that Asuka does actually think through her attacks before striking, and seeing the 3 hard-core Evangelion units in a huddle is kinda... cute.

6. "Combat Is A Man's Job!"
Splitting of the Breast

Woaw! When did Shinji grow a pair? He's even gonna take on the angel by himself... and FAIL. Bloody Eva Unit 01 is AMAZING! I've heard all of these concept in the "mind-trip" scenes before watching Evangelion, but I always loved the visuals in the "mind-trip" scenes. And this lays it on thick.

5. "I Should Never Kiss To Kill Time!"
Those Women Who longed for the touch of the others' lips, and thus invented their kisses

This is probably where Shinji grew his pair for his moment in Splitting of the Breast (he was #1... in Engrish!). And don't think for a moment she regretted kissing him. No one forces a kiss that long without meaning to enjoy it. But she can't let her "mask" (a.k.a. AT Field) go that easily. Kaji enters, and she's distracted by trying to prove her "maturity". *sigh* Girls...

4. Wait. Toji's Where Now?
Ambivalence - Introjection

I'll put TWO episodes in my moments! I see this as one giant moment because it deals with the same issue throughout : "Why the Eff am I doing this?" And it started because Toji was the new pilot. Amazing character arc. Ambivalence shocked me as far as the violence went, and the Japanese dub is enough to make anyone feel as frantic as Shinji was. Also, both are AMAZINGLY bloody. AND THEN SHE ATE THE ANGEL!

3. The Asuka Syndrome II ("But You're You're Lying.")
Don't Be (Director's Cut)

Man, she gets all the awesome episodes. It has NOTHING to do with her back story OR the "mask"/AT Field she put up around others. [/sarcasm] Anno's decision to drop Hallelujah! might have felt a little off at first, it became somewhat... creepy after a while. Again, with the clothing motif, with Asuka sitting nude in the playground. And that talking Asuka doll is CREEPY! The visuals are stunning, as they are in any good Evangelion mind trip.

2. "I Think I'm The Third One..."
Rei III (Director's Cut)

The new footage in the Director's Cut, and all the creepy, smiling Rei clones. Enough said.

1. "The Fate Of Destruction Is The Joy Of Rebirth."
The End of Evangelion

Aside from Shinji in Air, this was perhaps the finest moment of Evangelion. When I first saw this movie, I ABSOLUTELY HATED it. ("How disgusting..." seemed to sum it up quite nicely at the time.) But now it's one of my favorite movies. Asuka's final fight, Misato killing folk, Rei doing... that, and all of the imagery during the "mind-trip" scenes entertained me very much, very artful, and well executed. And even Shinji came around towards the end of the movie and brought everything "down to Earth". :wink:

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Here's my go - (and I'll steal FreakFilmFan's format ;) )

10 - "Kimochi Warui."
One More Final: I Need You

The best line ever. You go from having not having any idea as to what's going on to the End. This line is what the End of Evangelion is in my opinion.

9 - Gendo's Smirking at the Dummy Plug
Ambivalence

Gendo's an evil bastard. This is him (in my opinion) at the height of his evilness.

8 - Shinji Saves Rei
Rei II

Here is where there is hope for a happy ending in the series. Shinji gets his act together (kind of) and ends up winning the Ramiel battle. Also he isn't nervous when he's around Rei this time.

7 - The End of Asuka
Love is Destructive

I am referring of course the scene where all the Lance of Loginus' come flying down at Asuka while she's laying in that pillar of light. One of the most memorable images to come from the End of Evangelion.

6 - The Dub's Post Bardiel Scream
Ambivalence

I just adore how Shinji's scream carries echoes over the credits and cuts into "Fly Me to the Moon." That is all.

5 - Yui Get's the Munchies
Introjection

What more can I say? They finally stop throwing hints about what the Evangelions actually are and get straight to the point. Besides, it scared the shit out of me the first time I seen it.

4 - Shinji's Chat With Leliel
Splitting of the Breast

This would be the moment where I actually understood why NGE was considered such a great show. Up until this point it was all "blah blah Giant Robots and Giant Aliens, blah blah blah".

3 - Unit 01 is a Mummy
Weaving a Story 2: Oral Stage

That image was in my head for days after seeing that. Still gives me the willies.

2 - "I don't want to die."
Love is Destructive

I actually seen The End of Evangelion when it first came out and was played on Starz!. All I remembered about that movie for a very long time was that there was a chick who was whispering that "she didn't want to die." I remember sitting on the couch, bug eyed with terror as I sat listening to the plea of a teenage girl grow to a bold statement of pure honesty and fear.

1 - The Epic Kaworu Hold
The Beginning and the End, or 'Knocking on Heaven's Door'

Episode 24 is hectic. It moves from one scene to the next without stopping for breathe. A character (kind of) is introduced and is destroyed in less than 25 minutes. The whole time you feel there's something definitely going on but you can't put your finger on it. That pause of pauses gives you time to think about what's happened in that crazy episode.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 am

I have such a love for Eva that trying to pinpoint my 10 favorite moments is gonna be tough. In fact I'm certain these aren't even going to truly represent my real 10 favorite moments cause I'll just keep coming back saying "Oh I forgot that!" But I'll give it a try for sure.

10. Rei Smiles
Starting out simple. This short sweet (and in the TV show with the Gendo flash, perhaps misunderstood) moment is sweet and emotional. One of the best Rei moments in the series.

9. I Am Asuka, Hear Me Roar!
Basically the entirety of Episode 8. It's one of the goofiest Eva episodes yeah but damn if it isn't tons of fun. It's this episode that really kickstarts a change in Eva's tone by introducing the volatile Redhead.

8. The Wedding in Episode 15
Everything in it rings true to me. Sure there's Misato drunken heartfelt opening up to Kaji as they walk home but I equally love their conversation with Ritsuko at the wedding while overlooking the city. One of the seemingly least appreciated elements in Eva is just how well Anno writes the discussions amongst the adults (and I'm not talking Gendo & Fuyutsuki's "We're making stuff up as we go along" discussions). Misato & Ritsuko's gradual fall as friends is one of the best things in Eva in my opinion.

7. The History of NERV
Once again I'm cheating, this is basically everything concerning Episode 21 (Director's Cut natch). I'm just impressed how Anno is essentially able to pull off a 25 minute Exposition Dump and make it both entertaining and character building. Usually when a movie or TV series reverts to filling you in on the backstory it's because they've run out of ideas or are trying to fill in some space. Not here. It's spot on.

6. Shinji In the Sea of Dirac
This is the entire conflict with Leliel from when Shinji pulls out the oh-so-impractical-and-oh-so-awesome Eva Handgun to when Leliel bursts open like a bloated tick. I saw a few sprinkles of Eva here and there on TV before, but when I saw this episode on Adult Swim (yeah, I started out that way) I found myself fascinated. Less than 48 hours I'd spent my last $100 + on the Platinum Thinpack and Film Package and my love of film and life was reignited. Episode 16 will always be the moment that MADE ME an Eva Fan.

5. The Fall of Asuka
I won't cheat and say the whole episode. Here I'm strictly talking about the MindRape Asuka undergoes from Arael. Interestingly enough the whole great 5 minute sequence only exists on the Director's Cut. You look at the TV Version and literally it's about 20 seconds. Asuka's a cold hearted bitch throughout the series and it's easy to hate her but after this moment it's hard to justify any bad feelings.

4. Episode 19
Like other people said, this episode stands tall as one of Eva's best moments. Love love love IT!

3. The Death of Rei II
The Director's Cut battle against Armisael. Short, brutal, to the point, and highly emotional. What a Rei for the series Main Rei to go!

2. Shinji's first time in the Eva
Really. What an opening. So good even when it was copy and pasted almost frame for frame into Rebuild I didn't mind. It's that good.

1. The End of Evangelion
Yeah, I cheated here. So what. All 87 minutes of EOE make up what is clearly among my top 5 favorite films of ALL TIME. I could sit here for hours writing what I love about this and still have more to go. Needless to say, it covers every emotion you'd want a film to cover and it does it in less than 90 minutes. Wow. Just WOW!

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:43 am

NickFury90 wrote:This should have been some kind of alternate universe spin-off show, and it was sad to see the segment end and go into that "CONGRATULATIONS LULZ" bullshit.

Aside from the manga spin-offs, there's Puchi Eva right there...
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:03 am

21+ minutes isn't a "moment". You people fail. Make tougher choices. The "favorite episode(s)" thread is somewhere else.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:21 am

Right off the top of my head, in no particular order:

* The AU sequence in episode 26 (in particular, Yui & Gendo Domestic bliss and Shinji's meeting with RiAO).

* Shinji screaming in ep. 19

* Eva 01 munching on the Angel

* Rei and Touji talking on the roof (ep. 19?)

* Shinji rescues Rei in ep. 06

* Rei II's Final Moments (ep. 23?)

* Kaji flirting with Ritsuko

* Asuka & Kyoko vs Harpies (EoE)

* Rei's "Okaeri" Moment: (up to and including) Rei transforms into GNR

* The GNR/K being meets Shinji
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:51 pm

One of mine: the last five minutes of "Magma Diver", starting with Shinji opening the refrigerated box and recoiling as a jittery Pen-Pen jumps out with a terrified/confused look on its face.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:29 pm

Reichu wrote:21+ minutes isn't a "moment". You people fail. Make tougher choices. The "favorite episode(s)" thread is somewhere else.

You mean I actually have to think about this?!?!

Fine...

9. Shinji Can (Not) Fight
The Beast

The eye growing and looking back at Shinji. That was kinda creepy, and was the moment where I knew I had to watch the rest of the series. :thumbsup:

8. The Asuka Syndrome I
Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!

It's really Asuka's second episode in the series where we really start seeing the eruptive chemistry between her and Shinji take off. And the clothing motif is dealt a little more strongly in this episode as well.

4. *Nom Nom Nom!*
Introjection

Ambivalence was cool, but Introjection was awesome! And had some of the best Shinji moments in there where he actually chose his destiny, rather than being pushed into it by others. And it wasn't until he chose his path for himself that Unit 01 acquired the S2 organ.

1. "The Fate Of Destruction Is The Joy Of Rebirth."
The End of Evangelion

Ugh! There were so many good moments! It deserves it's own top ten list. But for the sake of this list...

Johann Sebastian Bach: OVERTURE NO. 3 IN D MAJOR, BMV 1068 Air - Asuka's Final Battle.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”