Could the Dummy Plug beat Zeruel?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

quixote77
Embryo

Could the Dummy Plug beat Zeruel?

•      
  •      

Postby quixote77 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:12 am

I'm just wondering...if they had managed to get it to work, could a Dummy Plug controlled Unit 01 beat the Angel of Might?
"So a MISSadventure isn't a regular adventure with more single women? Damn, well I'm red in the face..."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 am

...Probably?

(Just for the record: You've made way too many new threads in a short time period. Settle down!)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:31 am

Hmm...well I think that would depend purely where Nerv would deploy the Eva; Eva-00 simply charged behind Zeruel's back with an N2 mine. If Eva-01's DP did work, (I'd) run up and drop-kick her.

Considering the DP isn't exactly Eva-01 acting of its own accord (like having the ability to shred up the Angel's toilet paper with ease), I'm thinking the DP Eva-01 would actually have a bit of competition. Hey, if the DP knew how to get the Angel on the ground and rip her face off, then it's a clear win!
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:51 am

i say YES and NO!
why!?
well, even Shinji would have beaten Zeruel if his power hadn't quit, only where the batterie was empty Berserk-01 had to finish the job,
i think the dummy plug would've had the same problem, so that Berserk-01 would've finished the job just like he did when Shinji was fighting.
so NO,

but on the other hand, when there wasn't the limitation of battery power and the Dummy plug is pretty similar to the Berserk state i think it would take a bit longer but with the same ending as if Berserk-01 would've done it,
so YES,

you agree?
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:43 am

I don't think Zeruel was particularly all that injured until Yui pulled out the blade-like ATF. Sure Shinji was throwing Zer a curb-party but it's not clear that he particularly did anything other than force it to move around a bit.

I'm gonna call that a no.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:47 pm

dummy berserk doesnt have the same at filed control as notmal berserk/pissed off Shinji so i dont think it would work.

if you've seen 2.0...
SPOILER: Show
beast mode 02 kinda shows that raw physical power doesnt do much against him

Hotaru
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hotaru » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Speaking of which, when they went against Arael, why didn't they use the dummy plug? There would be no mind to contaminate so its main attack would be ineffective, right?
{(Secretly) I'm Hotaruzuki everwhere else...}

{(Secretly) I enjoy flirting with girls because its funny to see the guys wimper...}

{(Secretly) I have an odd tendancy to fall for gay (or near-to-gay) guys...}

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Considering the Dummy Plug system amounts to making EVA-01 go RRRAAAAUGH and absolutely destroy its most immediate target in a sloppy non-strategic way, and that's basically what EVA-01 does to defeat Zeruel in the canon events, I'd say yes.

Hotaru wrote:Speaking of which, when they went against Arael, why didn't they use the dummy plug? There would be no mind to contaminate so its main attack would be ineffective, right?

Arael was a precision-based mission. Not exactly the Dummy Plug's expertise.
Last edited by I Accidentally Dracula on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm

I see why not since the Eva would be bloodlust which means it will go out of control and destroying anything it in path. If it was used on 00 or 02 then they might beat him with some serious issues, but if it was used on 01 then he will win in a ease.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Hotaru
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hotaru » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:25 pm

I Accidentally Dracula wrote:Arael was a precision-based mission. Not exactly the Dummy Plug's expertise.

True. Poor Dummy plug.
{(Secretly) I'm Hotaruzuki everwhere else...}

{(Secretly) I enjoy flirting with girls because its funny to see the guys wimper...}

{(Secretly) I have an odd tendancy to fall for gay (or near-to-gay) guys...}

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:32 pm

How would that even work out, anyway? Would it just sort of frustratedly growl and stomp buildings after realizing it didn't know how to use a gun?

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Well considering the Dummy Plug completely annihilated Bardiel, I would say yes, it could have beaten Zereul.

Hotaru wrote:Speaking of which, when they went against Arael, why didn't they use the dummy plug? There would be no mind to contaminate so its main attack would be ineffective, right?

Well they didn't know what Arael's main attack was until it had already used it on Asuka. Although I suppose they could have started it up after the attack had started, but Gendo didn't seem to exactly care about Asuka or Eva-02 very much now did he?

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Based on the original series: The dummy plug was very efficient in killing bardiel, even as far as to go over kill on the plug itself. I think its very possible it could have given Zeruel a good fight and has a chance of winning. Yui was extremely powerful though so it is hard to say just how big a chance.
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:07 pm

It depends on whether or not Eva-01 could have beaten it without the offensive ATF?
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 pm

I Accidentally Dracula wrote:Considering the Dummy Plug system amounts to making EVA-01 go RRRAAAAUGH and absolutely destroy its most immediate target in a sloppy non-strategic way, and that's basically what EVA-01 does to defeat Zeruel in the canon events, I'd say yes.

Yui was actually quite efficient about taking Zeruel down.

- Took off the one arm; restored her own.
- Filleted him with her ATF.
- Smashed his face in when he tried a very last-ditch eye-lazer.
- OM-NOM-NOMed his core (and various other things).

Of course, things got rather sloppy at THAT point, but that's bound to happen when you haven't eaten in ten years.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

superfreak110
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby superfreak110 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:33 am

YES
SF110

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:07 pm

superfreak110's one-word bump of this nearly 5-month old thread wrote:YES

Congratulations!

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:59 pm

Would be an interesting battle, Dummy Plug vs Ver. seeing as how it worked ageist 03.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:35 pm

It depends on the needs of the narrative. Much like the question, "Could Wolverine grow back a severed hand?" or "Could they bring [insert autobot/decepticon here] back from the dead?".

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:54 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:It depends on the needs of the narrative. Much like the question, "Could Wolverine grow back a severed hand?" or "Could they bring [insert autobot/decepticon here] back from the dead?".

Optimus dies like 4 times and they always bring him back.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”