Evangelion 2.22, BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final installment is scheduled to debut in Japan on January 23, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm

View Original PostMarzan wrote:Will that be released direct to BD/DVD or will it see a cinema release?

May 26th is a Japanese R2 release.

mysterysax
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mysterysax » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Come on May 26th.
Only 71 more days to go
The Eva pilot that has the weirdest personality
and a great body to boot. - My avatar/icon

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Don't you dare use "only" and "71 days" in a single sentence lol.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 pm

1.01 got a limited theatrical release after 1.0 had completed its run, but as far as I know the same is not true for 2.22.

...Except that when 2.0 was shown in Korea, it had several changes from the Japanese theatrical version. Apparently nothing new was added, though, so the Korean version could be unofficially considered 2.02.

But no, no theatrical 2.22. That doesn't mean it won't be shown, for example, at Fanime 2010, which begins two days after its home video release and has 2.0's poster on its site...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Okay...after watching Funimation's Evangelion 1.11 on blu ray I'd have to say that I'm really impressed with the HD presentation. The colours and the details in the animation look absolutely stunning.

The audio too is pretty good. Though not as good as I would have hoped. Ah well. Anyways my craving for Eva in HD has only been partially satisfied. Been thinking to wait for another 1.5-2 years for Funimation to release 2.0 on dvd and blu ray....thats just blasphemy!

Therefore i'm beginning to consider the possbility of importing the Japanese blu ray release for Evangelion 2.22 coming later this May. But i do want to ask those videophiles here before i do commit to buy.

Can Japanese blu ray dvds play on blu ray players here in North America? I'm using my PS3 as a Blu ray player these days and would like to know. Also is there anyway i can download subs and watch them ontop of this blu ray? Either on PC or on the PS3? Would be great if someone can field these questions for me. :)
Last edited by Electric Sachiel on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:04 pm

US Blu-ray players can play Japanese BD's since we are in the same region for the subs tho your gonna need a PC with a BD player for that(someone needs to clarify on this tho).

And yea waiting for Funi to release it is crazy.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 am

Yes you can easily add subtitles on the computer.

My prefered method is just simply opening the main movie file with MPC-HC and then dropping in the sub file.

Due to size  SPOILER: Show
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:00 am

Due to size  SPOILER: Show
View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Yes you can easily add subtitles on the computer.

My prefered method is just simply opening the main movie file with MPC-HC and then dropping in the sub file.

While this method would work with seeing a blu ray with subs on a PC would this method also work to allow people to add subs to a blu ray that some would like to play on their PS3 hooked up to the tv downstairs?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 pm

There is absolutely nothing you can do to the original BD.

I do believe it's possible to add subs and then burn a copy with that, but I don't know the details since I see that as a waste of time because a home theatre PC will forever be the most practical solution.

For PS3 and other player subtitle solutions you must consult THE GOOGLE.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

SaltyJoe
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:09 am

Confirmed:
Min Nano EVA FAN blog wrote: According to EVA Extra-06, the running time of the 2.22 Blu-ray/DVD package will be 111 minutes and 49 seconds!

OMGWTFLOL!!!11!!1

New line of dialouge for translation  SPOILER: Show
Apparently, they gave Asuka an extra line of dailouge which reads as:

まいっちんぐね。

I tried multiple translation programs on this one, but they all gave nonsense (Google Translate: "I Gune or holocaust."... yeah). Can someone give a translation? Please?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 am

Translation  SPOILER: Show
I wish that had some kanji so I knew just what it was saying, but I believe she's saying something along the lines of "It's foolish/stupid that I was defeated". (Had to look up the term in the form of まいる but I still took the ぐね part into account.)

My guess is Asuka says this after the 8th Angel battle...

And YES! YES YES YES! I'm SO happy they're adding a bit more to the film! *Dances a happy dance*

But wait,
Question regarding translation  SPOILER: Show
Asuka was only given one new line and that's it? :huh:
Or that's all you were able to find online?

EDIT:
MORE INFORMATION ADDED  SPOILER: Show
The blog also said something about the scene with Mari and Eva-02 was updated quality-wise (lol my Engrish) and the Eva-03 battle being more drawn out.

It also says there's a promotional clip featuring the piece "Please Give Me Wings" from the climatic scene of the film, but it's not publicly released yet. (I guess this is that clip from the Tokyo Animation Festival that Ornette mentioned something about in IRC tonight.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:25 am

So four extra minutes huh? That's kinda cool. Hopefully these new bits will have some quick character information flashes.

SPOILER: Show
P.S. They're suppose to be doing some corrections on the film too right? Hopefully someone coached Kaji's seiyu on how to speak English.

Please remember to spoiler-tag, this is a "no spoiler" zone. Minor thing to be spoiler-tagged I know, but it's good to keep in mind for future reference. Thanks! ♥, SSD

SaltyJoe
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:37 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Hopefully someone coached Kaji's seiyu on how to speak English.

Come on, it's the most genuinely hilarious part of the movie.

Spoilered, just to be safe.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 am

SaltyJoe:
Though TVtropes doesn't have any sauce on what they wrote (when do they? >_>), supposedly that scene was intentionally hilariously bad. Who knows though.

So yeah, I guess that's all you've found so far since I sometimes follow the same blog. Can't wait for any updates about this, including that PV clip. :boingy:

LiLi
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:40 am

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:
New line of dialouge for translation  SPOILER: Show
Apparently, they gave Asuka an extra line of dailouge which reads as:

まいっちんぐね。

I tried multiple translation programs on this one, but they all gave nonsense (Google Translate: "I Gune or holocaust."... yeah). Can someone give a translation? Please?

I'm guessing "Maicchingune" roughly translates to "(What a) shame/how shameful, huh".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Machiko
LOL Asuka=OTAKU
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was [email protected] at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Zeruel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:22 am

Anybody here want to see the Kaworu/Unit 4 vs Ramiel fight as a special feature on the disc?? I think it would be nice sense it helped promote Rebuild and the only time we see unit 4 on screen plus I want to see it in HD :harpy_liplick:
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

LiLi
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:34 am

View Original PostZeruel wrote:Anybody here want to see the Kaworu/Unit 4 vs Ramiel fight as a special feature on the disc?? I think it would be nice sense it helped promote Rebuild and the only time we see unit 4 on screen plus I want to see it in HD :harpy_liplick:

VERY VERY YES.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was [email protected] at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

arahij
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby arahij » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:18 am

More extras:

Rebuild of Evangelion 2.02
Omit Scene
"I Would Give You Anything" Scene NOGUCHI ver. [ Tsubasa wo Kudasai (Gime me wings) scene? ]

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-871.html

CtHuLhU
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby CtHuLhU » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 am

In total shall be added about 34 new lines.
Last edited by CtHuLhU on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:35 am

Sounds like they have the same setup as 1.11 with the extras. For instance, an option to replace Saigsu's music with another music piece. And the Rebuild of Evangelion 2.02 feature (Probably the "Making of" special that's set to music) is also similar...

I have no idea what they mean by "omit scene" though. Does anybody who has the Japanese or English DVD/Blu-Ray of 1.11 notice a feature called by such a name? Maybe it's a new thing...

CtHuLhU: Source please?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”