Evangelion 2.22, BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 am

View Original PostHatsumi92 wrote:If he's anything like me, Amazon Japan is hard to navigate even when you set it to english.

I'm constantly scared I'm going to fuck up an order because they don't translate everything.

So i just order from CDjapan, Also if you order from CDjapan you get "picture cards" as an external bonus as well as the Fame of a Film strip , what's pretty neat.

Well i thought the film strip comes with all Blu Ray dvds for Eva 2.22. Though i guess the picture cards, which may be like post cards would be cool. I dont know. Maybe i'll take a look and order from CD Japan instead. So far Amazon Japan doesnt seem to bad either. The english translation seems to be good enough to NOT mess up!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 am

Screw waiting for a boxset! >_< I'm just gonna preorder for DVD because this looks way too awesome to otherwise wait up for! :rei_hissyfit:

(1.11 DVD I can import anytime...Or get Funi's release instead of just having 1.01 by Funi...)

There, I cracked!

Also, I believe picture cards are more or less like postcards, but who knows. Can't wait to see what these film strips are like at any rate.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am

I noticed it said 2.02. Does this mean that they have a theatrical version along with a extended version?
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:47 am

No, no. 2.02 is the same thing that 1.01 is on the 1.11 special features section: that "behind the scenes" extra of the animation process of the film, set to music.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:54 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:No, no. 2.02 is the same thing that 1.01 is on the 1.11 special features section: that "behind the scenes" extra of the animation process of the film, set to music.

Oh... sorry. I don't have the Japanese BD of 1.11.

Kaworu (in Mark-06, kicking me to the next galaxy): GTFO!!!
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Well i thought the film strip comes with all Blu Ray dvds for Eva 2.22. Though i guess the picture cards, which may be like post cards would be cool. I dont know. Maybe i'll take a look and order from CD Japan instead. So far Amazon Japan doesnt seem to bad either. The english translation seems to be good enough to NOT mess up!

Yeah all first press editions of 2.22 have the film strip, but CDjapan's exclusive are some postcard like pictures.

Can't wait to see what these film strips are like at any rate.

When i saw 2.0 at Glasgow i noticed a lot of Asuka ass shots.

Someone is going to end up of a frame of Asuka's ass.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Screw waiting for a boxset! >_< I'm just gonna preorder for DVD because this looks way too awesome to otherwise wait up for! :rei_hissyfit:

(1.11 DVD I can import anytime...Or get Funi's release instead of just having 1.01 by Funi...)

There, I cracked!

Also, I believe picture cards are more or less like postcards, but who knows. Can't wait to see what these film strips are like at any rate.

Amen to that! I'll be pre-ordering the Eva 2.22 blu ray in another week or two. Got to take in the art and action that we missed out on after all this waiting. And yes the cam-rip will look like a stain on the mattress when compared to the spanking brand new, High Def blu ray version of the movie.

I......I'm going to go balls out crazy when i see this in person come early June. :toothy:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 am

Myep, Khara DMCA'd the video off YouTube. At least we still have these (higher quality) screenshots from ANN.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:33 pm

I have the video, I downloaded it before YouTube removed it. but now I have problems with the upload. Meanwhile, I make (as I make with the trailer of the 2.0) a sequence in *. png "frame by frame" of the trailer, so it can be analyzed carefully. you can download here.

PS. sequence was not made with Avid, like that of 2.0. then you can not just say that the frames have been made in broadcast or professional way. but right now I do not have my equipment for the hands ... so ...
P.S.2 and frames has been taken from video taken at TAF (the quality and resolution are very poor)
when the ADSL returns to work, I can post the video on another platform.

Excuse my bad English

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:39 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Myep, Khara DMCA'd the video off YouTube. At least we still have these (higher quality) screenshots from ANN.

Or you can always just go to the original video that was on nico: http://www.evageeks.org/2010/03/evangelion-2-22-promotional-video-at-taf/

I also have an xvid/pcm rip of the video that I made when I first saw it on nico, if they ever decide to take it down from there.

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 am

wohoo! been out for a while and this is the ish! 2.22 will be out, and I'm just gonna wait for a digital release or a torrent over the net.

*keeping my fingers crossed so that someone will put up a torrent of 2.22 in the net*

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:56 pm

View Original Posttrueno_twentyone wrote:*keeping my fingers crossed so that someone will put up a torrent of 2.22 in the net*

of course it will
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

View Original Posttrueno_twentyone wrote:*keeping my fingers crossed so that someone will put up a torrent of 2.22 in the net*

If we got a camrip of the movie, I'm most certain there will be a DVD and/or BD rip.

Lui
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lui » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 pm

View Original PostHatsumi92 wrote:Yeah all first press editions of 2.22 have the film strip, but CDjapan's exclusive are some postcard like pictures.

Yeah I just noticed they had changed it, but I preordered before they put that special picture thingy on there. Will I still get said pictures?

Anyway, back on topic; The trailer looks awesome. I can't wait till some time in early June. Hopefully we won't have to wait 3 years for 3.3333 either, I heard they had done most of it already.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit. Images, quotes, and code tags are not allowed in Signatures.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:55 pm

View Original PostLui wrote:Yeah I just noticed they had changed it, but I preordered before they put that special picture thingy on there. Will I still get said pictures?

Yep, you will.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 pm

View Original PostLui wrote:
Anyway, back on topic; The trailer looks awesome. I can't wait till some time in early June. Hopefully we won't have to wait 3 years for 3.3333 either, I heard they had done most of it already.

I highly doubt that 3.0 is anywhere close to being done. Give it another year at least. Dont expect it next summer. Maybe this following summer 2011 or even 2012 would be a better bet. Seeing how Eva 2.0 was such a balls out dynamic beast of an animated film, i'm sure they're going to try and make 3.0 even more dramatic with more fancy animation and effects than ever before.

That takes time to do though....so yeah. Khara dont mind us fanboys, take as much time as you want to make it perfect. :)

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:29 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I highly doubt that 3.0 is anywhere close to being done. Give it another year at least. Dont expect it next summer. Maybe this following summer 2011 or even 2012 would be a better bet. Seeing how Eva 2.0 was such a balls out dynamic beast of an animated film, i'm sure they're going to try and make 3.0 even more dramatic with more fancy animation and effects than ever before.

That takes time to do though....so yeah. Khara dont mind us fanboys, take as much time as you want to make it perfect. :)

Yep.2.0 will keep most of us occupied for a long while.

DarkApollo
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby DarkApollo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:20 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I highly doubt that 3.0 is anywhere close to being done. Give it another year at least. Dont expect it next summer. Maybe this following summer 2011 or even 2012 would be a better bet. Seeing how Eva 2.0 was such a balls out dynamic beast of an animated film, i'm sure they're going to try and make 3.0 even more dramatic with more fancy animation and effects than ever before.

First off, you can highly doubt all you want. Your throwing out dates and you don't even know what your talking about. Also, you don't speak for me or on behalf of me or others so don't say "us fanboys".

Oh and http://videos.sapo.pt/M8ySyWhtynVtn0sZQfbc

Yep.2.0 will keep most of us occupied for a long while.

Good thing you don't speak for most of us.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:38 pm

How does showing preview of 3.0 at end of 2.0 prove that 3.0 is near completion? If 2.0's preview at the end of 1.0 tells us anything it's that those are done for purely nostalgic reasons and have no bearing on how far along production really is.

I mean you do realize that 1.0 came out in Sept 07 and 2.0 didn't come out till June 09 <_<

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:53 pm

View Original PostDarkApollo wrote:Your throwing out dates and you don't even know what your talking about.

As a wise man once said: much like your posting.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”