Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 SPOILERS Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:25 am

Whatever is happening, Anno is having fun.

Yes, his naming scheme, for both the characters and the movies, makes a lot more sense now. He really does have quite a few tricks up his sleeve.
Last edited by UrsusArctos on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:26 am

You know, thinking back on it the teaser attached at the end of 1.0 feels like a wonderous case of misdirection now.

They had three shots of the core pilots lifted from the TV series fighting Zeurel to fool us into a state of security. (Asuka isn't even there) and then how could Mari be watching what we assumed to be the Zeurel fight if she's in Eva 02 itself.

Man, this film can't reach me fast enough.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:26 am

Timstuff wrote:1.0 is used to denote a "finished product."
Nobody ever buys a #.0 release. They wait for the #.1 or #.5 that follows.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pablumatic
Embryo

Postby pablumatic » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:29 am

So what was said to Rei that surprised her by the person (Gendo?) holding the coffee?

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:30 am

Wow, that is what i call "major changes", especially when it comes to Asuka's role, never would have pictured her piloting Eva-03 and getting smashed by Eva-01-woah-i-am-berserk.
Also, sorry but i kinda loled when i read about how Rei's emotional self is being unfolded, i mean, i just cannot imagine that. It will be refreshing to see though.
I did not really get exactly Mari's role {have not read all the spoilers and stuff} but she seems like a "normal" chara right? Weird, she must have hide something. I mean, she is on the Eva cast, right? Kind of a default point. 8D
/woah, btw, have not been here in AGES.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:31 am

Maybe Rei was interrupted by the Bardiel attack?

the_seventh_child wrote:/woah, btw, have not been here in AGES.

Welcome back, and yes, the new movie's truly nutzoid.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:33 am

http://www.evageeks.org/2009/06/my-spoi ... -0-review/

I didn'tread this thread (why would I spoil it for myself?), so I don't know what has been said or what hasn't.

Spoilers beyond:

Movie starts with Mari in Eva-05, fights tunnel angel, they're at the U.S. Nerv base and they're all speaking English, Kaji is there and he was speaking Engrish. Mari is insane, she REALLY likes the fight and is getting into it. Eva-05's gets 2 of its legs blown off, Mari is in pain but gets into it some more. Eva-05 finally manages to destroy the core and a split second before the explosion, she ejects out. Rainbow city. Eva-05 is destroyed. That was fast and it hasn't even been 5 minutes yet.

Shinji visits Yui's grave with Gendo, the graves here cover all the hills and cover everything as far as the eye can see, LOTS of graves. Scene is pretty much like from TV. He also says that there are no bodies under the gravestones. Misato and Shinji drive back, suddenly a ship's gun turret smashes right in front of her, she narrowly avoids hitting it. Clock angel arrives, it's head ticks and after a bit it does it's beam-like attack, the ships are thrown into the air and blow up in midair. Asuka arrives in Eva-02 from the air, very acrobatic. She fires her gun and it blows the angel's head off, looks like it's over, guess again. All these arms or something start shooting out of the Angel toward Asuka but she dodges them all (classic Gundam or Macross here, but instead of missiles). Clockiel transforms, AT field stops Eva-02, Eva-02 eventually penetrates it and destroys the core, blood everywhere, rainbow city. While still falling, Eva-02 lands and its foot hits Misato's car, knocking the car over and eventually it hits Eva-00's foot. Asuka meets everyone, including Shinji, Toji, Kensuke and Rei. Rei snubs Asuka. Asuka wonders who Eva-01's pilot is and sees Shinji, she kicks his legs out from under him and thinks he's not up to the task of piloting Eva.

Not in any particular order: Kaji talks with Ritsuko, same as TV series, Misato gets pissed off. Asuka moves in with Misato and Shinji, replay of toothpick scene, this time instead of toothpicks, there's a drink straw covering her tits. Shinji sees Asuka completely naked and she kicks him in the face. Shinji and Toji and Kensuke are together, Toji is shooting hoops, they're eating popsicles, Toji looks at his. Mari lands in Japan, literally, with a parachute, and lands on Shinji. Her tits are on Shinji's face, she speaks English, she goes up to his face and says he smells nice, smells like LCL. Gendo and Fuyu are in space, looking at Eva-06, which is still being built (moon giant). Kaworu is there without a shirt sitting on Eva-06's knee, he looks over at Gendo and Fuyu's space ship, I think he calls Gendo (or maybe it was directed at Fuyu) "otou-san". Asuka calls Rei "the favorite" and Shinji "idiot", no surprise.

Also, the aquarium shit, it was field-trip. There was a long anti-contamination process. This is because the red seas. At some point Shinji says something about the weird smell from the ocean, it's because all life in the ocean was exterminated. So they had to make sure none of the stuff got into the plant because that's where they keep all of the remaining aquatic life. Kensuke and Toji are also there. Shinji goes to talk with Rei and Asuka starts playing with her game thing. She plays it a lot throughout the movie. They all have lunch but Rei doesn't eat anything, Shinji pours her some soup. Kaji and Shinji are talking there, outside (that thing in the window is a huge gear or something). Shinji asks Kaji why Misato didn't come along, he says because it'll make her remember. Flashback to 2nd impact, it looks colorful. When 2nd Impact was starting, there was this huge hole that was being formed, then there were these beings with halos looking down into it (the ADAMS thing from the preview at the end of 1.0). There's rough sketchy version of Misato and her father, her father puts her in escape pod and gets blown to bits by the explosion right in front of her face while he hands her the cross. Kaji also tells him that she joined Nerv probably to "redeem her father". He also tells Shinji about the smell of the ocean and the dead ocean life.

Sahaquiel battle. This angel is a ball while in space, lots of satellites or ships drop bombs, ineffective, looks like AT field used upon entry. The 3 evas are dispatched to different areas because they're not sure where Angel will land. Shinji, inside the plug says to himself: "The smell of LCL, the smell of my mother, the smell of Rei". Angel transforms some more. Evas are running and doing a lot of jumping in order to get to the landing point. Shinji gets there first, uses AT-Field to stop angel. Angel transforms some more, now it looks like the Saha that we know, but eyes are different, it's not orange and gay looking, and it's got all these spikes or something along the edges. As Shinji is holding the angel up, the angel opens up and a body kind of comes out, with face torso and arms. The arms meet Shinji's arms, kinda looks like they're holding hands. Then out of nowhere they turn into spikes, peircing Eva-01's palms, he bleeds for real, obviously in pain. Asuka gets there next and attacks the core, but it suddenly moves. Shinji is screaming in pain as Saha lays another smackdown on Eva-01, Asuka is desperately trying to find the core. Rei shows up and holds the core steady, her arms are getting destroyed in the process, she tells Asuka to hurry. Asuka destroys the core, she first uses 2 of her knives but that doesn't do the trick so she kicks the core with the blades stuck in the core. Blood city, literally. They show the damaged Eva units, Eva-00 has nearly all its arms destroyed, you can see bones and tendons.

Asuka, before the battle, believed that she could have killed the Angel by herself. Sitting in bed, unable to sleep, she says to herself that there was no way she could have done it by herself, and that she needed both Shinji and Rei. She's kinda depressed about it and goes into Shinji's room. He's surprised, his hands are bandaged up. She asks him why he's always listening to that SDAT, Shinji says that it was Gendo's and it's a connection.

Asuka complains in class about Shinji not making their bentos. Toji does the married couple joke. Shinji makes bentos, they're at school eating bento lunch, Hikari talks to Asuka, Shinji gives a bento to Rei, Asuka is annoyed. At some point Shinji realizes Rei is missing school. Rei is floating in the dummy plug tube, Gendo goes to eat. Rei and Gendo are eating at this fancy long table. Rei asks Gendo why Shinji doesn't eat with them and Gendo says that he doesn't have time. Rei wants to have a party and invite Asuka and Shinji, Gendo looks at Rei and for a bit her image transforms to Yui's, Gendo gives her permission to have a party, Rei smiles (note: Rei smiles a lot, for Rei, after this point). Cooking time, Rei is cooking, cuts her fingers on a knife. Rei is back at school, Asuka sees that Rei has been cooking. She tries cooking too, Misato jokes that she's cooking for her Shinji-kun, Asuka is embarrassed. Rei sent out invitations to the party. Ritsuko rides in Misato's car and hands Misato the invitation. After making fun of Asuka, she hands her her invitation, it is in an envelope that is marked "To the pilot of Eva-02". It so happens that the one she sent to Shinji says "To Ikari Shinji". Somewhere in there, Shinji was sitting near the vending machines and Kaji buys something and hands it to Shinji. He makes some comment about getting paid to do some work or something. Shinji realizes that there was an ulterior motive and says something about a date (this is fuzzy, I don't remember what they said exactly). Kaji goes up to Shinji's face as if he's going to kiss him, Shinji freaks out. They go to the fields where Kaji has melons and they're gardening. Kaji says something about how Shinji needs to protect Misato because he isn't able to anymore. I think Kaji was referring to how he "protected" her back in college, and they're not dating anymore so he can no longer look out for Misato.

At some point Eva-04 blows up, someone (can't remember who) wonders if it was really an accident. Eva-02 goes into some maintenence thing, possibly to upgrade it (Beast Mode). Asuka doesn't like this and complains to Misato. Gendo talks to Seele about Eva-03 and 04 (funny tidbit, the Seele 03 and 04 monoliths are behind him). After they talk the lights come on and they're in some large holodeck like room. Eva-03 gets moved to Japan. Asuka and Rei talk in the elevator. Rei says that her only connection to the world is when she's in Eva, Asuka says she does it (pilots Eva) because she has nothing else. Asuka goes to slap Rei but Rei blocks by grabbing her wrist. Asuka notices that Rei has more cuts on her hand from cooking, and that there was more cuts than she had. At that point Asuka asks Rei what Shinji is to her. Rei says something about when she's near him, it makes her feel "warm". She says it as "poka poka suru", which is apparently like a little child saying it. She complains that Japanese people don't know how to interact with others (she complains about Japanese peope a lot) and calls Rei an idiot and leaves.

Also, there was a little bit about the dummy plug, the top was open so you can kind of see inside, but it was only onscreen for a second and I don't remember if you could see anything.

Eva-03 arrives and Asuka is going to be the pilot. Asuka is in some elevator or something changing and putting on her new plugsuit, the one that shows off the top of her groin area and her asscrack. She calls up Misato on a secure line because she doesn't want anyone else hearing what she's going to say to Misato. Asuka says that she is really happy being with Misato and Shinji, that she has to put on this "rough" facade. Her headsets are also different. Also, that was supposed to be the day Rei had her party, that screenshot from the trailer that looks like someone is in front of Rei with a hot drink, that's actally 2 Nerv personel at Rei's door telling her about Eva-03 (being taken over by an Angel) and the smoke is in the background, Rei was cooking something.

Asuka gets into the plug and does the test activation, everything turns black and you can't see the seat or anything inside, some weird shit happens and you can see Asuka get pulled to the bottom. There's something calling to her. Bardiel takes over Eva-03. At some point they say that Asuka has been "zombified" (dunno if that's the word they used) because the Angel has taken over. Shinji gets sent out to fight Bardiel by himself. You get the whole shpiel from Shinji about it being an Eva and Asuka is inside it and the entry plug is still there. Eva-03's roar is pretty intense. Shinji gets his ass handed to him, he's prone and is being choked. Shinji grabs Eva-03's wrists to try pull them off and manages to do so. Eva-03 sprouts 2 new arms from its back (no armor on the new arms, and they look skin colored) and proceeds with the choking. Gendo wants Shinji to fight but he says he'd rather die than hurt Asuka. Dummy System time (and they say "Dummy System" this time). The Dummy System is pretty intricate. There's this spinning disc thing, then the back of Shinji's chair opens up and locks his hands in place so he can't move, then something comes out and comes down so that it's in front of Shinji's face, as if it's a monitor or something but there's nothing there for him to see. The plug turns red and he can't see what's going on. Eva-01 kicks some ass, smashes Eva-03's head and starts biting off pieces of Eva-03, arms and intestines and stuff getting thrown everywhere. Finally, Eva-01 has the plug in its mouth and chomps down. Shinji seems to know exactly what's going on. Random shots of Maya with her face in her palms and random Nerv guys watching in shock.

All while that was happening (from the point Dummy System is activated and Eva-01 starts fighting back), the music changed to this kindergardener's song. It's a bunch of kids singing stuff like: "We'll always be together. We'll say goodbye together but we'll see each other tomorrow". Apparently, some popular song that's sung in kindergarden. It was spinechillingly eerie, it was awesome, I was speechless.

Shinji is pissed, there's flames and shit all around the Nerv pyramid and he starts smashing the pyramid while stand on top of it. Everyone's trying to tell him that it wasn't his fault, that there was nothing else anybody could have done, and that the commander did the right thing. Seemed same as the TV series. LCL pressure to max and Shinji gets knocked out. Asuka is in some medical thing. Shinji wakes up in the hospital with Nerv security all around him. He has that talk with Gendo and leaves. He packs up his shit at the apartment and gets ready to leave. There is a shot of his feet, identical to the one from 1.0 when Shinji is entering the apartment for the first time, except this time, he's leaving the apartment. Misato has a talk with him and doesn't want him to leave. He leaves anyways. While on the train, everything turns red and it's another Angel. Shinji ends up evacuating.

Zeruel shows up. Face is definitely the same, but the body is a lot bigger and wrapped up in what looks like bandages (like a mummy, but black). Mari is putting on her plugsuit, which is light purple. The Dummy System isn't working. Mari gets in the plug, she says: "The smell of someone else's LCL is kind of cool". It's obvious she really digs piloting and killing Angels. Zer is blowing shit up left and right, he's now in the geofront. Eva-02 comes out, and Mari is using guns on Zer as it's floating down. Zer has some crazy ass AT field that layers and projects outwards, all the way to Mari. Guns are useless so she uses some rifle/spear thing and also the spikes in her shoulder pylons. Still useless, nothing gets past Zer's AT-Fields. Mari then says something about "Code Word: The Beast", then the shoulder pylons come off, and these green things pop up all over Eva-02's back, Eva-02's face changes a bit and the mouth opens revealing lots of sharp teeth. Mari has these circular things around her wrists and they start to glow. Mari goes batshit, Zer unwraps the black bandages and they're kind of his arms, there's lots of them kind of flowing and moving around what is now just Zer's head with some shoulder pads and a torso. Mari is making some progress, Zer then rolls up 2 of his arms and they're right next to his torso, they expand quickly outwards and takes out the lower side of Eva-02 and the arm. Mari is in pain but she's lovin' the fight. She goes even more batshit, her eyes glow green, she attacks again but Zer uses his arms again and this time it takes out part of Eva-02's head. Rei comes out with Eva-00, it's arms are still fucked up and are in bandages. She's got this huge missile with her and charges at Zeruel, but the AT-Field stops her, she turns on the rockets of the missile and is making more progress. Eva-02 crawls up and starts tearing away layers of AT Field with its mouth. Missile finally gets through but Zer does that closing of his core, big explosion. Shinji is in a shelter all by himself, Eva-02's head ends up crashing through the walls (it was still attached to the body, I think it was because Eva-02 got blown back by the explosion). Shinji doesn't give a shit. Mari tells Shinji that he has to save everyone, Shinji still doesn't give a shit and Mari doesn't understand why he won't pilot Eva, since she loves it so much. She grabs Shinji using Eva-02's hand and pulls him out of the shelter. She shows him what's around, which was absolutely nothing except burning trees and everything's destroyed. Zeruel isn't harmed at all, Eva-00 is now silent and just standing there. Zer has this thing that comes out and chomps Eva-00, only leaving it's feet sitting there. Then Zer spits out the head. It was kind of comical. Zer then forms a body and it looks like a white Rei. Dunno how I felt about this look, it's like a giant naked white Rei except it had Zeruel for a head.

Mari runs out of power and Shinji starts running back to Nerv, Zer is now blasting away at the Nerv pyramid, eventually exposing the command center. Gendo's down near the Eva and still not working, he says something along the lines of "Why are you rejecting me, Yui?", specifically calling Eva-01 "Yui". Shinji shows up and wants to pilot, Zer is about to smoke the people in the command center and Shinji busts through a wall and pushes Zer through another wall. Shinji is about to throw a punch but Zer eye-beams his arm off. Gendo is still standing in the room and gets half his face covered with blood. Shinji manages to push Zer to a lift and Misato gives the command to launch it. Shinji fights a bit but runs out of power. It seemed like it happened really fast. Shinji gets super pissed off and Eva-01 activates again. Nerv people are now outside watching all this happen. There's a diagram of plug depth and it keeps getting lower and lower until the pilot/seat in the diagram disolves. You see Shinji in the plug and there are these green stars and stuff flying by him, the plug is all dark (kind of like with Eva-03 and Asuka). Eva-01 forms a new arm, it looks like it's made of energy, or maybe AT-Field magic. Zer proceeds to get his ass handed to him, Eva-01 now has eyebeam capabilities and cuts Zer to shreds. Shinji is trying to get Rei out, you see him (all dark around him) attempting to get closer and closer to this naked Rei that's just sitting there. Eva-01 finally opens Zer's core and pulls out a smaller core from inside it (Eva-00's core). As this happened, Shinji finally reaches Rei and Rei notices him he reaches out for her and she for him and Shinji grabs her hand. While this is happening a new song comes on in the background and it's another popular kindergardener's song: "If my dream comes true, I'll open my wings and fly into the air. No sadness in the freedom of the sky."

Wings sprout out of Eva-01 and it starts to float higher, the core turns into a giant Rei and starts to merge with Eva-01. Ritsuko says that Eva-01 is a god and 3rd impact is happening. Kaji says "Seele isn't going to stand for this" then Fuyu says "this puts us one step closer to our plan". After Eva-01 and the giant Rei merge, Eva-01 transforms and now has 2 cores, still floating higher. There's lots of colors in the sky and it's starting to suck everything around into it, looks a lot like the flashback of 2nd Impact.
Kaworu is on the moon suiting up in plugsuit. (maybe that happens after the credits, can't remember)

Credits.

Suddenly, a huge spear flies down and impales Eva-01. Third impact is halted, you see kaworu's eva descend. He says some shit that I can't remember right now.

Preview. Can't tell anything about what's going to happen in the next movie from the preview. Nobody is dead though, Asuka is seen with an eyepatch.

Wrote all this from memory, so I may have gotten a few events out of order, and I probably left out some things. I'll have a better idea after I see it again.

Edit: added a few things I forgot, fixed some spelling.

Edit2: second viewing notes are here: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=251024#251024
Last edited by Ornette on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:35 am

Some questions/details I'd love to hear answered: (by people in the know)

1. The Clock Angel- is it an effective and awesome Angel? What kind've tricks does it have up it's sleeve? Or is it just a fancy way of introducing Asuka?

2. Misato & Kaji- Were they ever a couple in this continuity and is this ever dealt with?

3. Does Ritsuko do anything?

Most importantly of all- Does the film flow smoothly? Is pacing incredibly out of whack or does everything proceed and feel like it occurs naturally?

^ looks like a lot of my questions are answered.
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:36 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Maybe Rei was interrupted by the Bardiel attack?

the_seventh_child wrote:/woah, btw, have not been here in AGES.

Welcome back, and yes, the new movie's truly nutzoid.

People still remember me here? I am surprised. 8D
Thanks ~

And yeah, actually, i am not really sure what my reaction will be when i will watch the movie, because there seems to be some serious shit-hits-the-fan moments that yet, are epic at the same time. Not to mention, the action-pack. I am just a bit, "really??" because i never expected such major changes, because, well, they are major changes. I mean, would not know what to expect for the fourht movie. 8D
At any rate, the reactions so far, are pretty good, and that alone is great.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:47 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Some questions/details I'd love to hear answered: (by people in the know)

1. The Clock Angel- is it an effective and awesome Angel? What kind've tricks does it have up it's sleeve? Or is it just a fancy way of introducing Asuka?

The fight was kind of short, it lasted only a few minutes. Clockiel transformed a lot and it made short work of the ships around it, but was killed pretty quickly by Asuka. Seemed more of a way to introduce her.

2. Misato & Kaji- Were they ever a couple in this continuity and is this ever dealt with?

Yeah. There was a few scenes with them together, one in particular was the one where Misato was eating at a Nerv cafeteria and Kaji shows up and they talk. There was no elevator kissing or carrying her home drunk scenes, though.

3. Does Ritsuko do anything?

There was a scene where Ritsuko is giving Rei some kind of examination. But she's mostly there to say what's going on.

Most importantly of all- Does the film flow smoothly? Is pacing incredibly out of whack or does everything proceed and feel like it occurs naturally?

I thought the pacing was great. It never felt rushed at any point and didn't seem to have too much of anything.

Also, I forgot to mention: after Shinji leaves Nerv, after he talks to Gendo about smashing up the place after Bardiel, you see a shot of Shinji's SDAT in the garbage. Rei walks by and sees it and picks it up. Shinji's SDAT goes to song 27 at some point in the movie. Also, while Rei is fighting Zer, she had Shinji's SDAT with her.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 am

Very cool.

And I might as well ask you your thoughts on the following:

With Shinji and Rei's relationship, how would you describe it's feel in the movie besides being close? Siblings? Lovers? Just friends?

Also, I'm starting to doubt this, but... is there an Asuka/Shinji kiss scene?

Despite Mari being insane in battle, DOES she seem well-adjusted and doesn't have any psychological hang-ups compared to most of the cast? (Irony....)

Thanks for the review, O. Jeez, am I gonna be crying once I watch it! ;_;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:57 am

You are awesome Ornette.

Great run through, thanks very much.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Wow the movie sound's awesome and the shipping seems more balanced contrary to what people were saying earlier, you rock Ornette. :thumbsup:
Last edited by The Invincible Shinji on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Very cool.

And I might as well ask you your thoughts on the following:

With Shinji and Rei's relationship, how would you describe it's feel in the movie besides being close? Siblings? Lovers? Just friends?

Siblings if anything, but I'm not sure that really fits. Shinji seemed aloof enough throughout the movie that there was nothing strong between him and either Rei or Asuka. It's obvious he cares about both of them, and it's obvious Asuka likes Shinji, and Rei is happy around him.

Also, I'm starting to doubt this, but... there is no Asuka/Shinji kiss scene, I take it?

no

Despite Mari being insane in battle, she DOES seem well-adjusted and doesn't have any psychological hang-ups compared to most of the cast? (Irony....)

She doesn't seem to have any problems. She spoke English on her cell phone after she landed on Shinji, said something about missing her drop point and that it looks like she's at some school. Also says that they better be on it about her extraction point. She, in every respect other than totally loving piloting Eva, gives the impression of a normal girl. There's some impression that there's secret goings on with her though. It's weird that she arrives in Japan in a parachute.

Thanks for the review, O. Jeez, am I gonna be crying once I watch it! ;_;

Hiromi told me that she cried when Shinji got Rei out of Zer.

Keep in mind that I didn't write anything down so some of this stuff are just my impressions. Also that my nihongo is shit so I'm sure to miss things.
Last edited by Ornette on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Film sounds great and I am relieved to hear that the pacing wasn't rushed. Are there any pictures of the new Zeruel showing him in action?

@Ornette: How would you describe Unit-03's roar?
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

Postby Kaname Langley » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 pm

To Ornette: Mari/Asuka interection?
I Mean any Asuka/Mari Interection? BTW u are great!
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:13 pm

I award Ornette a million man points for that summary. :clap:

I can now wait patiently until a decent cam-rip.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Sammaeloo wrote:Film sounds great and I am relieved to hear that the pacing wasn't rushed. Are there any pictures of the new Zeruel showing him in action?

I checked my program book and my Eva Extra 4 (which is pretty cool) and I don't see pictures of Zeruel.

@Ornette: How would you describe Unit-03's roar?

Very low and gutteral. It's a sound you hear and think to yourself "holy shit, I don't want to mess with that".

Kaname Langley wrote:To Ornette: Mari/Asuka interection?
I Mean any Asuka/Mari Interection? BTW u are great!

I don't recall them ever meeting. I don't recall Mari interacting much with anyone at all except the US people and Shinji on the roof of the school and later when she's doing what Kaji did in the TV Series and try to convince him to pilot.
Last edited by Ornette on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Ornette wrote:Hiromi told me that she cried when Shinji got Rei out of Zer.

That sounds as a powerful scene already.

Thanks for all the info/summaries/stuff btw ~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Happy to hear that Mari is an Adrenaline Junkie (that could be why she parachutes into Japan- for the lolz).

Read your summary twice.....oh so envious that you saw it. On a big screen no less.

1 question- Is Mari's English any good? I can understand Kaji having Engrish but is the same with Maaya's performance?
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”