Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 SPOILERS Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:13 am

Evangelion Unit 08? And a new pilot?

What happened to Unit 07?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:14 am

wikipedia wrote:In pregnancy terms, the moment of quickening refers to the initial motion of the fetus in the uterus as it is perceived or felt by the pregnant woman.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Zyn9178
Embryo

Postby Zyn9178 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:16 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
wikipedia wrote:In pregnancy terms, the moment of quickening refers to the initial motion of the fetus in the uterus as it is perceived or felt by the pregnant woman.

... That's really interesting.

RockManBalls
Lilith

Postby RockManBalls » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:18 am

Mr. Tines wrote:

The mind boggles at what this means for an Evangelion. And whatever happened to naming it Kyuu? Or is it still technically called that?

I'm beginning to think 3.0 is actually a stand-alone film given the preview and how odd 2.0 has turned out.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:22 am

Mr. Tines wrote:

Hm, i wonder who will get "pregnant".

A new era is about to be born, and this pregnancy is just metaphorical?

Eva.06 and by extension, Kaworu will impregnate Lilith for yet another version of Third Imact?

Despite alll tha gaudiness of some of the changes, i'm positively dying to see this movie.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:26 am

So Rei did NOT die and now she and Shinji are stuck having weird Anno like visions in Unit 01. Loving it. There sounds like there might be a few things in Rebuild I might have to struggle through (any idea of Gendo in a domestic setting- i.e. family dinner- just feels wrong) but I'm much happier hearing the film went this route than say sticking completely to the series and only adding in a few standalone scenes of Mari.

So am I correct in hearing that the Preview hints that they bring in ANOTHER new Pilot? Or is Evangelion Unit 08 (I guess Unit 07 was a piece of shit) another replacement Eva brought in for for...well....someone. Asuka, Rei, or Mari.

And if it is ANOTHER new pilot who wants to bet for marketing sakes it's another Girl. Perhaps a Blonde? Anything as long as it's not a Maid (worst Japanese stereotype ever)

RockManBalls
Lilith

Postby RockManBalls » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:31 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:So am I correct in hearing that the Preview hints that they bring in ANOTHER new Pilot? Or is Evangelion Unit 08 (I guess Unit 07 was a piece of shit) another replacement Eva brought in for for...well....someone. Asuka, Rei, or Mari.

They don't necessarily say it's a new pilot (or a new character for that matter). But they mention a pilot regardless so it can't be a dummy-plug controlled MP Eva. And it seems to have the power of... quickening? How exactly are they producing these Evas so quickly is what I want to know.

Man, I would love for a picture of what it looks like. Whip out your cell-phones dudez.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 am

How 'bout they just rebuild the badly damaged Unit-02 and call that Unit-08?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:38 am

RockManBalls wrote:How exactly are they producing these Evas so quickly is what I want to know.
There's this big tank, just like the one with the *nami-tachi in, you see...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:40 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
Ornette wrote:Asuka seemed much more likeable, probably closer to the definition of tsundere.
DO NOT WANT. At least Shikinami isn't Sohryu.

We're in violent agreement yet again! :lol: And Asuka eyepatch on left eye? Sweet.

Soth: tokoro de, Asuka to Shinji no kisu bamen aru ka? tabun arunai kedo... Rei to Shinji-kun ga koibito no kanji? soretemo, kyoudai? soretemo soretemo, tada tomodachi no kanji? shitsumon no kotae de arigatou gozaimashita.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

Postby Kaname Langley » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:46 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:
Ornette wrote:Asuka seemed much more likeable, probably closer to the definition of tsundere.
DO NOT WANT. At least Shikinami isn't Sohryu.

We're in violent agreement yet again! :lol: And Asuka eyepatch on left eye? Sweet.

Soth: tokoro de, Asuka to Shinji no kisu bamen aru ka? tabun arunai kedo... Rei to Shinji-kun ga koibito no kanji? soretemo, kyoudai? soretemo soretemo, tada tomodachi no kanji? shitsumon no kotae de arigatou gozaimashita.

And thats mean?
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:52 am

Unit 08 will be a prate ship.
Pirate Captain Shikinami will pilot it.
Rei will be hit by a cannonball.
Shinji will then wake up in a destroyed building.
GNR is in the background.
Shinji walks in on Asuka as she takes a shower.
He wants to tell her about this f'd up dream he had.
She kicks him in the face.
The End.

Fans will go WTF?
Anno will lol.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:55 am

In the last episode of Tengen Toppa Genesis Lagann...

Shinji will marry Rei
Rei will then evaporate in a cloud of sparkles
Asuka will become a teacher
Shinji will become a hobo

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:05 am

And finally, Anno shall rickroll us all. The end.

(Even that wouldn't be out of place with how crazy this thing has gone)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:07 am

Gendo is pulling all the strings.

He is holding all the keys and guarding all the doors.

He has all the answers, and is controlling everything.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

RockManBalls
Lilith

Postby RockManBalls » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:12 am

Sigh... I am so sorry if everyone else has figured this out and I'm just a stupendous idiot:
急 was the title for 3.0 and is pronounced "Kyuu," right? Say the letter "Q" out loud.

Yeah.

That quickening has the word "quick" in it, and 急 also means "quickly" is additionally weird. Though Japanese fans googling "Quickening" and asking what a Q has to do with anything has at least been amusing.
Last edited by RockManBalls on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:14 am

The pun on "Kyu" and "Q" has been done before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_School_Q

Guess who voices the eponymous Q? Megumi Ogata!

Edit: Oh, a double pun? This just keeps getting better!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

RockManBalls
Lilith

Postby RockManBalls » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:19 am

UrsusArctos wrote:The pun on "Kyu" and "Q" has been done before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detective_School_Q

Guess who voices the eponymous Q? Megumi Ogata!

Edit: Oh, a double pun? This just keeps getting better!

Sorry, I'm such an edit-whore. Megumi Ogata, seriously? What is happening?!

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:25 am

Hmm... Perhaps we ought think it this way:

1.0 is used to denote a "finished product." Evangelion 1.0 was mostly the same as the series, and as such it had a 1.0 to denote it. 2.0 describes an entirely revised version of the product that constitutes as being a new product altogether, and with Eva 2.0, it's a very drastic departure from the series. And now, the third movie is being called Q, implying that it will have absolutely nothing to do with the original narrative at all, and is something completely new.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:25 am

Kaname Langley: Hi. ^_^ *Huggles* I was just asking Soth about things involving Asuka and Shinji and Asuka and Rei's relationship. With Tines, I meant that both of us don't like the idea of Asuka being "tsundere" (we don't think Asuka Soryu from the series is a true tsundere), so it's nice that Asuka Shikinami ISN'T Soryu.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”