Question about Angel names

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

KIC
Embryo

Question about Angel names

•      
  •      

Postby KIC » Mon May 16, 2005 2:59 pm

Okay, I've now watched episode 1-5 and 15-23 (I've got the French DVDs, but can't find volume 2 and 3..) and read the manga up to volume 7, and there's one thing that keeps bugging me:

Where are the names of the Angels mentioned? I've only seen them referred to by their numbers.

(I also wonder how the F**K an organisation like NERV could have been put up without any sensible person thinking "What a bunch of dangerous sectarian lunatics...") :wink:

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon May 16, 2005 3:13 pm

Adam is mentioned in episode 8.
Lilith in episode 24
From Sachiel to Sahaquiel (sp??) in episode 14
From Sachiel to Armisael in episode 23.

Tabris is mentioned in Newtype 100% and the manga, volume 8 I believe.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Stupid Eva question

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 16, 2005 3:16 pm

KIC wrote:(I also wonder how the F**K an organisation like NERV could have been put up without any sensible person thinking "What a bunch of dangerous sectarian lunatics...") :wink:

Because they're a front for the dangerous sectarian lunatics who actually run the world (SEELE). They did set off 2I, after all.

Hope you fill in the gaps in your collection sooner rather than later. There's plenty of good stuff there.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Mon May 16, 2005 3:20 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Tabris is mentioned in Newtype 100% and the manga, volume 8 I believe.

Nah, it's like the last page or something of volume 7, I think...
Random Facts #64 - When I had got the Manga vol. 1-7 I actually thought it was supposed to end there, with Shinji dissolved in Sho. :roll:
Asuka > Rei

KIC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KIC » Tue May 17, 2005 2:38 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Adam is mentioned in episode 8.
Lilith in episode 24
Tabris is mentioned in Newtype 100% and the manga, volume 8 I believe.

Forgot about those.

From Sachiel to Sahaquiel (sp??) in episode 14
From Sachiel to Armisael in episode 23.

Hmm...I guess they left some of the names out of the subs...might have to watch it dubbed next time.

:?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 17, 2005 5:43 pm

KIC wrote:Hmm...I guess they left some of the names out of the subs...might have to watch it dubbed next time.

Eh? The names appear as titles on the screen. They're not spoken.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

KIC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KIC » Thu May 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Reichu wrote:
KIC wrote:Hmm...I guess they left some of the names out of the subs...might have to watch it dubbed next time.

Eh? The names appear as titles on the screen. They're not spoken.

Put me in as being blind. :oops:

On another note, I didn't find the Eva ending particularily disturbing, nor depressing (it actually cheered me up... :shock: ). In fact, it was slightly too drawn out (especially episode 25) and could have been more introspective. Shinji could have been harsher on himself.
(Of course, the latter might have been a bad idea, seeing how many fans reacted to the ending...)

As for the Death and Rebirth and EoE movies, those were pretty good. The amount of deaths was a bit shocking, but probably quite realistic. Nothing depressing either.
:D

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”