Eva Kids

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

Eva Kids

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 pm

If the cast of Eva had children (besides the ones that already did) what would they look like?
Imagine Shinji and Asuka having kids. That would turn ugly but fast.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat May 16, 2009 10:18 pm

I'm remember seeing a picture of them having a child. In Girl Friend of Steel 2, Rei and Shinji both have a kid at the end of the game.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Baz
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Eva Kids

•      
  •      

Postby Baz » Sat May 16, 2009 11:14 pm

CyberXIII wrote:That would turn ugly but fast.

I'm generally tolerant of American English, but this particular idiomatic construct must die a swift death.
Software Error. Press left mouse button to continue.
Guru Meditation #00000004.0000AAC0

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Guyver Spawn wrote:In Girl Friend of Steel 2, Rei and Shinji both have a kid at the end of the game.

I made some fanart of what the children of various Eva/Angel couplings would look like... (Justifying the fact that the kids incorporate part of their Angel parents' Imagined Forms via some MPB fanwankery.) Kyoko and Sachiel have an especially handsome son.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat May 16, 2009 11:32 pm

Most of the pictures I've seen of Asuka and Shinji with kids have been very cute. I think they'd make some very beautiful babies. If they only had one kid, I think it'd be a son with red hair. If they had mutliple kids though, I think it'd be twins, a boy and a girl, both with red hair. Asuka's gotta spread around that ginger. :crush:

For some reason when I imagine Misato having a kid with Kaji, I imagine a little kid with 3-day stubble and droopy eyes. Not pretty. On the other hand, if Misato had a kid with Makoto, I think they'd turn out really cute. Maybe a little girl who looks like Misato, but with glasses, and possibly black hair (and glasses on girls are cute). Point is, Misato is better off with Makoto than Kaji, because he'd give her a much cuter kid. ^_^

Toji and Hikari would probably have a decent kid. Not really much to say beyond that since they're both pretty straight-laced in terms of appearance. Not really much to say other than that I imagine Hikari would probably want two or three kids, and they'd probably all have dark brownish hair like their parents.

Supposedly Shigeru Aoba was fond of Maya. They probably could have some good looking kids, but it'd only work if Maya can somehow get over that girl crush she's got on Ritsuko. If the requirements are met, I think they'd have a boy with long moppy hair like Shigeru's.

Oh yeah, and here's the kid you'd get if Fuyutsuki shacked up with Yui:

[url]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9300/shinji048.jpg[/url]

:heehee:
Last edited by Timstuff on Sat May 16, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Timstuff wrote:Oh yeah, and here's the kid you'd get if Fuyutsuki shacked up with Yui

I dunno. Looks kind of Rokubungi-like to me. I'd say Fuyutsuki's sperm had some competition in that thar reproductive tract.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Shinji has always looked a lot more like Yui to me than Gendo, since I've never really seen much of Gendo in him. I don't seriously believe Fuyutsuki was Shinji's father, but the possibility has been a source of amusement for me for a while. :toothy:

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat May 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Timstuff wrote:Shinji has always looked a lot more like Yui to me than Gendo,

He has Gendo's eyes, and besides the shape of the chin, Gendo is essentially an older Shinji with a beard.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sat May 16, 2009 11:48 pm

Yes to Asuka/Shinji kids

THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun May 17, 2009 12:27 am

Alaska Slim wrote:
Timstuff wrote:Shinji has always looked a lot more like Yui to me than Gendo,

He has Gendo's eyes, and besides the shape of the chin, Gendo is essentially an older Shinji with a beard.

I dunno... I think Shinji takes after Yui a lot more, particularly in the eyes. They're not exactly like Yui's, but they're very similar, and the differences could just as easily come from Kozo as Gendo. In general though, there's a lot of stuff about Shinji's face that looks like Yui's, but not a lot that resembles his father, whichever man it is.

[URL=http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shinjipaternity.jpg]Image[/URL]

Gadzooks, I can't believe I'm putting this much effort into defending this silly idea... It's not like I truly doubt Gendo's paternity, although the possibility of Kozo actually being Shinji's father is one of amusing little mysteries or me. I guess for me, it's kind of like how some people like to wonder if Kaworu has lady parts, except it's not quite as weird. :tongue:

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun May 17, 2009 12:40 am

Timstuff wrote:I dunno... I think Shinji takes after Yui a lot more,

Yui's eyes are brown, both Shinji and Gendo's are cobalt blue.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun May 17, 2009 1:01 am

Alaska Slim wrote:
Timstuff wrote:I dunno... I think Shinji takes after Yui a lot more,

Yui's eyes are brown, both Shinji and Gendo's are cobalt blue.

In most images I've seen, Yui has blue/cobolt eyes too.

[URL=http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andere185.jpg]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img199.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yuieyes.jpg]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img30.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andere223.jpg]Image[/URL]

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 17, 2009 1:05 am

Timstuff wrote:In most images I've seen, Yui has blue/cobolt eyes too.

The one illustration is inaccurate, and the other pics just don't show it well. Yui's eyes are quite green.

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

PuppetChaos
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby PuppetChaos » Sun May 17, 2009 1:22 am

Shinji and Asuka's kids could potentially become a menace to the entire universe if they inherit even half of the psychological issues both of their parents have. (and if Asuka is clinically bipolar in addition to being simply messed up, well... poor kids)

Also, I could never see Asuka taking Shinji's name, unless it was like "Asuka Langely-Ikari" ... and Shinji would have to become a Langely-Ikari, too.

--

I always thought the College-Age Gendo looked like an older Shinji with a narrower face. But this also ties into my demented assertion that Shinji, given enough time and lack of 3rd Impact, will become a mini-Gendo.

Timstuff wrote:Supposedly Shigeru Aoba was fond of Maya. [edit for length] but it'd only work if Maya can somehow get over that girl crush she's got on Ritsuko.

Or else... you know... Maya's girlcrush could work to Aoba's advantage.

EDIT:

FFFFFFFFFF... this just suddenly occurred to me.

Timstuff wrote:For some reason when I imagine Misato having a kid with Kaji, I imagine a little kid with 3-day stubble and droopy eyes.

Or else you can get Alto from Macross Frontier.

I think Alto is a pretty cool guy, eh kills space bugs then hooks up with a popstar and doesnt afraid of anything.
Last edited by PuppetChaos on Sun May 17, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeviantART | YouTube | LiveJournal
I think the 00 Gundam is a pretty cool guy, eh teleports and doesnt afraid of anything

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun May 17, 2009 1:39 am

Well then it looks Alaska Slim and me were both wrong. :tongue:

However, eye color amongst parents of mixed eye color is pretty unpredictable. If Yui has a recessive blue-eyed gene and a dominant green eyed gene, and Kozo has a recessive blue eye gene and a dominant brown eye gene, then if Shinji were to inherit the recessive blue eye gene from both parents he'd have blue eyes. Granted, the fact that Gendo has blue eyes does give him a boost over Kozo, but it doesn't rule Kozo out. ;)

And that's not even taking into consideration that all of these characters are supposed to be Japanese, in which case the only eye color they would likely have in reality would be brown. :biii:

PuppetChaos wrote:Also, I could never see Asuka taking Shinji's name, unless it was like "Asuka Langely-Ikari" ... and Shinji would have to become a Langely-Ikari, too.

Gendo took on Yui's last name because she was an only child. It wouldn't be unprecedented in Shinji's family to take on the name "Langley-Ikari" if he married Asuka.

PuppetChaos wrote:
Timstuff wrote:Supposedly Shigeru Aoba was fond of Maya. [edit for length] but it'd only work if Maya can somehow get over that girl crush she's got on Ritsuko.

Or else... you know... Maya's girlcrush could work to Aoba's advantage.

:naughty:
Last edited by Timstuff on Sun May 17, 2009 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun May 17, 2009 2:36 am

Timstuff wrote:In general though, there's a lot of stuff about Shinji's face that looks like Yui's, but not a lot that resembles his father, whichever man it is.

I like how you use an image of Gendo where he has both glasses AND his hands obscuring his face. :tongueflap:

And Shinji's voice hasn't even cracked yet. Considering these are simplified animu faces, a lot of the resemblance to Dad wouldn't become apparent until he has a chance to develop his secondary sexual characteristics a little more (i.e., masculine facial morphology, to whatever degree).

And that's not even taking into consideration that all of these characters are supposed to be Japanese, in which case the only eye color they would likely have in reality would be brown.

Alternate universe. Here, Japanese people can have blue eyes and green eyes. And purple hair. (But does it actually contain a purple pigment, or does it use some kind of light refraction trick to simply appear purple? That's what I want to know!)

PuppetChaos wrote:Also, I could never see Asuka taking Shinji's name, unless it was like "Asuka Langely-Ikari" [sic] ... and Shinji would have to become a Langely-Ikari [sic], too.

I agree, but I doubt she'd keep "Langley". Her dad sucks, and all. Maybe Zeppelin Ikari.

(and if Asuka is clinically bipolar in addition to being simply messed up, well... poor kids)

If Shinji has any kind of genetic predisposition to depression, double the fun!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 17, 2009 2:39 am

Timstuff wrote:If they only had one kid, I think it'd be a son with red hair. If they had mutliple kids though, I think it'd be twins, a boy and a girl, both with red hair.
Fan art usually starts with an auburn haired daughter, but usually reaches the stage of "It's a uterus, not a clown car, dammit."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|🕊|🐸|MAL
Avatar: Whatever happens in 𝄆, we will always have the original Neon Nova Exceed!

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun May 17, 2009 3:12 am

Reichu wrote:
Timstuff wrote:In general though, there's a lot of stuff about Shinji's face that looks like Yui's, but not a lot that resembles his father, whichever man it is.

I like how you use an image of Gendo where he has both glasses AND his hands obscuring his face. :tongueflap:

The dumbest part is, that was the best picture of him I could find where we could actually get a decent look at his eys and a hint of their color (I was too lazy to sift through the DVDs and cap some pics). It doesn't really matter though, since he's actually covering two of the features which set him apart from Shinji (the nose and chin).

Reichu wrote:I agree, but I doubt she'd keep "Langley". Her dad sucks, and all. Maybe Zeppelin Ikari.

Yeah, Mr. Langley is definitely a bit of a douche... We never even saw his face, but it takes a special kind of messed up to shag your suicidal wife's shrink. However, if I were Asuka I might choose the Langley name anyway, simply because Zeppelin sounds a bit too much like a hydrogen filled blimp. :tongue:

Reichu wrote:
(and if Asuka is clinically bipolar in addition to being simply messed up, well... poor kids)

If Shinji has any kind of genetic predisposition to depression, double the fun!

In the case of Shinji and Asuka, I think their mental problems are more due to nurture than nature. I mean, they've got plenty of trauma in their lives to blame it on. I'd definitely be a bit concerned about it getting passed on to their kids though, so at the very least they should spend
a lot of time in counseling before Asuka stops taking the pill. :wink:

Mr. Tines wrote:Fan art usually starts with an auburn haired daughter, but usually reaches the stage of "It's a uterus, not a clown car, dammit."

LOL, that reminds me of another pic I saw (which I can't find ATM, unfortunately). Shinji and Asuka looked a bit younger though, and they had like 8 little tots or something ridiculous like that. It was very well drawn, but I'm not sure if it sends the right message to today's youth. :tongue:

"Remember kids, it's true love if you have 6 babies or more before you turn 20!" :biii:

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Sun May 17, 2009 3:52 am

PuppetChaos wrote:I always thought the College-Age Gendo looked like an older Shinji with a narrower face. But this also ties into my demented assertion that Shinji, given enough time and lack of 3rd Impact, will become a mini-Gendo.

This. I always thought young Gendo looked a lot like Shinji would look in a few years.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun May 17, 2009 4:02 am

Timstuff wrote:Well then it looks Alaska Slim and me were both wrong.

I'm color blind, what's your excuse? :dog_laugh:

Timstuff wrote:The dumbest part is, that was the best picture of him I could find where we could actually get a decent look at his eys and a hint of their color

Well, I think I found one:

Mr. Tines wrote:but usually reaches the stage of "It's a uterus, not a clown car, dammit."

Come now professor, a hundred years ago, or even, from your generation, five kids was not uncommon, and still isn't in many parts of the world.

And to tell the truth, to get humanity back on track, such... exponential growth (and I apologize for uncouth this probably sounds) would be necessary (and no, I'am not referring this to an "Adam & Eve" scenario).

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”