The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:56 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:It's not half-unbuckled, that's just how he wears his belt - with part of it flowing freely after it's been buckled. He's still buckled up (I hope ....).

Huh. I never noticed that.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:07 pm

chee wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:It's not half-unbuckled, that's just how he wears his belt - with part of it flowing freely after it's been buckled. He's still buckled up (I hope ....).

Huh. I never noticed that.

It's always been like that, I think. It's just the excess part of the belt is longer in RoE. Same thing goes for Kaworu, too :]
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm still waiting to see a pic of that Misato plushie.
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:43 pm

A Misato-sama pluishe, eh? DO WANT.

btw, if I happened to have gotten any Eva goods for my Birthday tomorrow, I'll be sure to rave about it here. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:01 pm

BLACKANGEL32076 wrote:I'm still waiting to see a pic of that Misato plushie.

Sorry about that dude, totally forgot! Misa-chan, at a most unflattering angle.

Aaand the Rebuild Kaworu plushie for anyone who didn't catch it floating about on the arse end of That Board :lol:
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:17 pm

Eek, there sooo cute! ^___^

Bulleh
Embryo

Postby Bulleh » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:53 pm

marmotgirl wrote:
BLACKANGEL32076 wrote:I'm still waiting to see a pic of that Misato plushie.

Sorry about that dude, totally forgot! Misa-chan, at a most unflattering angle.

Aaand the Rebuild Kaworu plushie for anyone who didn't catch it floating about on the arse end of That Board :lol:

Omg, I had no idea they are selling the Rebuild plushies. Love the Haruhi pillow, by the way. xD

Well, other then a few dvds and most of the English manga, all I have is these figurines.

The Shougouki Revoltech I got for some holiday (birthday I think...) The smaller Sho, Ni, and Sangouki's I bought at a local anime convention. My friend lost poor Sangouki's hands at that con, so I replaced them with Sho's... And Sangouki is missing a hand because I accidently whapped it off the shelve while putting away some manga. The hand fell off and I can't seem to find it. ^.^;;
An otaku is what I am. No denying it.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:22 am

I wish I had Revoltechs...wonder if they have characters Revoltechs.... hmmm.....
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Bulleh wrote:The Shougouki Revoltech I got for some holiday (birthday I think...) The smaller Sho, Ni, and Sangouki's I bought at a local anime convention. My friend lost poor Sangouki's hands at that con, so I replaced them with Sho's... And Sangouki is missing a hand because I accidently whapped it off the shelve while putting away some manga. The hand fell off and I can't seem to find it.

I have that Unit01 and Unit02! ^_^ I got them when I was in Barcelona (of all places!). There was this awesome manga and anime shop just off of Las Ramblas (the main street), but all of the anime and manga was in either Catalan or Spanish.

So, I just spent my money on figures instead.

marmotgirl wrote:Aaand the Rebuild Kaworu plushie for anyone who didn't catch it floating about on the arse end of That Board :lol:

That looks awesome, but I don't think plushies are my 'thing' to be honest!

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Incisivis » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Alas, that's yet another case where Shinji's marketed with BROWN eyes, not blue. >_<

Amen. And while we're at it, dark brown hair, not black. I hate that. I know it's Sadamoto's colour work, but it makes me think of manga-Shinji, and that is not nice.

But why is that figure labeled as a "Rebuild" figure? I got one last year for my birthday.

CitizenGeek wrote:That looks awesome, but I don't think plushies are my 'thing' to be honest!

I love plushies. I have a whole bunch of them. :P I'd like more of non-anime characters, though.

A Rebuild Kaworu plushie would be nice, I'm going to keep my eyes opene for one.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Incisivis wrote:But why is that figure labeled as a "Rebuild" figure? I got one last year for my birthday.

Yeah, that whole set is just a re-package of a few older sets. The Gainax Cash Cow is now cheating. :evil:
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 am

marmotgirl wrote:Yeah, that whole set is just a re-package of a few older sets. The Gainax Cash Cow is now cheating. :evil:

That's not the worst thing the Gainax cash cow has done :p

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Eva Stuff I got yesterday:

(ALL of these Eva figures were from my Stepbrother)

~Rei Party Dress Version Figure

~Rei BMX Trick Figure

(Both of the Rei figures are loosely(?) based on drawings in the Die Strene artbook: RiAO(?) riding a bike with Shinji chasing after her, and Rei and Shinji all "gussied up". Rei's dress also makes an apperance in the GoS2 game and manga, though it's slightly different, IIRC.)

~Asuka School Uniform Version Figure

~Asuka Casual Clothes Version Figure*

...I feel dirty after such a Whoring of Gainax*Khara (as the copyright info on the bottom of each figure says)...Although an Asuka and Rei are fine, too! :P

*My personal favorite, though the Rei on Bike one is also cool. ^_^

marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Silence, you. :P :lol:

Sailor Star Dust wrote:~Asuka Casual Clothes Version Figure*

Is that the one where she has her hair down? Love that.

The latest thing floating around Teh Bay is models - 1/8 size I think - of Catgirl-Rei and Bikini-Rei from the Ayanami Raising Project game. The catgirl one is very cute, if completely reidiculous.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:07 pm

Yeah, it's the one where she has her hair down and her top looks just like her red and white stripped bikini. ^_^ (Maybe I like it so much just because she looks really pretty like that.)

What's cool with the Asuka school uniform figure one is she's detachable from the stand, not that it really matters except she can sit using her legs instead of her butt.

hehe, I love the "Bunny suit" from the Ayanami and Asuka Raising Game, thats too funny. :P

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:18 pm

Gah, eBay seems to be all out of the Rei portraits figure with the Lance of Langinus :[

I've been re-watching Evangelion recently, and it's made me realise how much I like Rei. Now I want more Rei figures!

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:28 pm

MUAHAHAHA MY ARMY IS GROWING LARGER! MAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:02 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:MUAHAHAHA MY ARMY IS GROWING LARGER! MAUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!

So, I guess you are a Rei fan too? I think I'm becoming a huge Rei fan, I used to be indifferent to both her and Asuka (I preffered the male characters) but upon my latest rewatching, I'm starting to appreciate the female characters a lot more, especially Rei! Plus, she's just so iconic!

Can anyone point me in the direction of an online store that might stock Portraits 3 Rei?

JP
Adam

Postby JP » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:42 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:I wish I had Revoltechs...wonder if they have characters Revoltechs.... hmmm.....

Asuka and Rei Revoltech (fraulein line) is a'coming.

Is this awesome?
The pregnancy is now absolute.

ORAMI!?
Adam

FWIW, my collection only ever got to be about 1/3 this size.

Postby ORAMI!? » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:55 am

"Hope and despair, joy and sorrow, love and hate, fascination and hatred, heaven and hell, the past and the future, yesterday, today and tomorrow, dreams and nightmares, and the world itself -- all these are created by people. And there is nothing created by people that cannot be destroyed by people."

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”