Is anyone geting bored of this show?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

The pain that is life
Embryo

Is anyone geting bored of this show?

•      
  •      

Postby The pain that is life » Mon May 09, 2005 4:42 pm

Is anybody bored of evangelion?

Honestly im sorry to tell you all this but well.... I sort of am I own the entire series on dvd and I think i have watched it so many times im well starting to hate it. :(
Among the greatest things to be found, the being of nothingness is by far the greatest
-Leonardo da Vinci

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon May 09, 2005 4:53 pm

Yep, though I do plan to get the whole set on dvd before I jump ship.

Try www.gamesekai.com if your looking for a net place to lurk.

Eva's a great show but after a wile you need somthing else. Contrary to popular theory this is not the be all and end all of anime.

PS you can edit your posts so you don't need to double post its concidered rude.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

The pain that is life
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The pain that is life » Mon May 09, 2005 4:56 pm

man I swear to god every time I watch Eangelion I feel like my head is gonna explode... its just not fair!
Among the greatest things to be found, the being of nothingness is by far the greatest
-Leonardo da Vinci

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon May 09, 2005 4:59 pm

I tend to be n00b frendly and try to guide your kind into becoming good posters.

You will find others here less tollerent of spam and spammers.

The pain that is life
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The pain that is life » Mon May 09, 2005 5:01 pm

It bring joy to my heart that your here to help, but i would prefer people that people did not call me a noob!
-Leonardo da Vinci

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon May 09, 2005 5:03 pm

I tryed >sigh<

The pain that is life
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The pain that is life » Mon May 09, 2005 5:04 pm

Well I will be honest i'm a noob and im proud of it!
-Leonardo da Vinci

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 09, 2005 5:06 pm

The pain that is life wrote:Is anybody bored of evangelion?

Honestly im sorry to tell you all this but well.... I sort of am I own the entire series on dvd and I think i have watched it so many times im well starting to hate it. :cry:

One of the things about human nature - you habituate to pretty much anything. That's why I consciously ration my viewing or reading of things I like a lot.

With Eva - well, I've been pretty immersed in it for a while now, and it's an interest, rather than the obsession that it was early last year when I'd first finished watching it through. This is in part because I've (over-)analysed it in depth, and read the analyses of others, so I think I've gotten most of the big picture bits out. But I can still watch an episode and it's like visiting old friends I'm comfortable with.

Ask again in another year.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

The pain that is life
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The pain that is life » Mon May 09, 2005 5:10 pm

you know what I think you are right, but theres one more thing bothering me and that thing is well, will eva ever go on I was really pissed becuase it ended so fast, for me that is.
-Leonardo da Vinci

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Mon May 09, 2005 5:29 pm

The pain that is life wrote:It bring joy to my heart that your here to help, but i would prefer people that people did not call me a noob!

I think that troll would be more accurate, but I can't tell if this intentional or not.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

The pain that is life
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The pain that is life » Mon May 09, 2005 5:34 pm

troll, never heard of that one
-Leonardo da Vinci

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon May 09, 2005 8:57 pm

but i would prefer people that people did not call me a noob!

NOOB! Noob! Look I'm with noob here take our photo! (Writes noob all over his face so that everyone recognizes the pain that is life as being a noob) :o

Well I still really like EVA, but right now its my second favorite anime as opposed to being my first favorite anime. While I do think its great I do recognize eva as having some flaws , but just about all of them are pretty superficial for me which is why I still like it a lot. I never watch it over and over again consecutively so I think that helps too.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon May 09, 2005 9:10 pm

Watching Eva is like having sex, and we all know how boring that gets. :wink:
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon May 09, 2005 9:37 pm

When it comes to discussion of the show, I find that I make more inaccurate points than most. Yet I've come to a point where I feel like I don't ever have to watch it ever again in order to have a handle on the whole of its existence, however much that may vary from reality. I'm not even really attracted to discussion anymore. I may not remember everything perfectly, but like Niles Crane said on Frasier, "I realized there was no word I couldn't spell." Sometimes you just have to decide to use your moments for something else, and stick with the Eva in your head to get you through. That's how you learn to know something in your heart rather than your head. I look forward to returning to it many years from now and seeing how much I screwed it up or improved it.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon May 09, 2005 9:47 pm

Dave wrote:Watching Eva is like having sex, and we all know how boring that gets. :wink:

You need to get out more.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Mon May 09, 2005 10:00 pm

Well, I've just gotten into Evangelion over the last two months after seeing the first few episodes 5 years ago. I think I will eventually get bored of it but not to the point where I dismiss it totally. I treat Eva like a good book. It's worth another read every once in a while. The story and discussions that it spawned are unlike any other anime I have seen in the 20 years I have been into this genre. I think that's what makes it an instant classic for me. The characters and story are memorable.

I do have a habit of immersing myself in anything that interests me to certain extremes. I've gone out and purchased most of the DVDs (waiting for my recent order of Platinum versions to arrive), started collecting figures, and started hunting down the art books. I'm sure this peak interest will eventually wane but I'm pretty sure I'll still have an interest in it because of the complexity surrounding the characters and story.

rip3mwk
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Mon May 09, 2005 10:31 pm

PS you can edit your posts so you don't need to double post its concidered rude.

So much for 'the pain/life' concurring with that...

but theres one more thing bothering me and that thing is well, will eva ever go on I was really pissed becuase it ended so fast, for me that is.

Yeah well I am being one of the retards who think that it is a bad and hopeless idea to check eva info. every day, ... hour, yet do it anyway. This show (anime) itself has gone as far as it's going to go ever since renewal. I am now completely consumed by the fact that there very well may be a live action rendition of eva. Aside from this, I do realize that if it does release, it will be around 2010... SHIT!!

Well I still really like EVA, but right now its my second favorite anime as opposed to being my first favorite anime.

So, what would be your favorite?

I do have a habit of immersing myself in anything that interests me to certain extremes. I've gone out and purchased most of the DVDs (waiting for my recent order of Platinum versions to arrive), started collecting figures, and started hunting down the art books. I'm sure this peak interest will eventually wane but I'm pretty sure I'll still have an interest in it because of the complexity surrounding the characters and story.

I have been into it for a while now... all I have to show for it is the complete Plat. set (sold origional release), Feat. Films set, and all of the program books. Am I slacking?

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon May 09, 2005 10:49 pm

@ Hexon

The beauty of the world is that you don't have settle for just "the Eva in your head"; the sad truth is that you can never watch it for the first time more than once. We may bore of it, but I for one will never wish I hadn't seen it. Nor will I be so disrespectful as to rely upon my thoughts of it, rather than it itself. I'd take the moment I first saw Rei over the memory any day, and so I shall.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon May 09, 2005 10:58 pm

Dave wrote:@ Hexon

The beauty of the world is that you don't have settle for just "the Eva in your head"; the sad truth is that you can never watch it for the first time more than once. We may bore of it, but I for one will never wish I hadn't seen it. Nor will I be so disrespectful as to rely upon my thoughts of it, rather than it itself. I'd take the moment I first saw Rei over the memory any day, and so I shall.

>Sniff sniff< that was great man. Same with Asuka for me >Sniff Sniff<

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon May 09, 2005 11:18 pm

"Our hearts will be in unrest until they rest in thee"

Who said that?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”