Rebuild image scans thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:19 am

Perhaps the one from the 2.0 trailer is Eva-08 Beta.

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:19 am

I have a feeling that they won't get rid of the whole anchor design for 08's face plate. If our theories are correct that 08 will be piloted by Shinji, the anchor connection to his last name probably won't be erased.

On the other hand, it could be part of another mode (think ZA BEASTO) or some sort of physical change to the EVA partway through the movie (like that similar sketch of 02 that was labeled with ß and more or less matched the beat up space-02 seen in the 03 trailers rather than the normal 02 before ZA BEASTO and the damage Zeruel inflicted).
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 am

It's most likely a design change.

Those happened between original 1.0 preview and final 2.0 movie.

This time it was much longer between the movies so no doubt they felt the need to fiddle with things.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It's most likely a design change.

Those happened between original 1.0 preview and final 2.0 movie.

This time it was much longer between the movies so no doubt they felt the need to fiddle with things.

Given how long it passed I wouldn't be surprised if the "fiddling" ended with the movie being renamed to "Evangelion, New theatrical Edition Q: Wings of Homenage: Flying IN SPACE!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
A bigger picture:
SPOILER: Show

From Gunjap
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 am

Can't say it does much for me... Nothing especially inspiring about this initial side profile glimpse. :hohum:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:11 pm

The back of its neck looks wrong to me....

Xous
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xous » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Really loving the face - the way the eyes are arranged is just awesome. I can imagine them glowing menacingly from within darkness / dark smoke or something...

The design definitely feels unique compared to the other Evas, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much time it gets in the films.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

tomfrom994
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby tomfrom994 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Here's a higher quality version of the current 3.0 poster. Found it going to the official website on my iPhone. Who would have thought?

Here's the website by the way:
http://evangelion.co.jp/sp/

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:25 pm

View Original Posttomfrom994 wrote:Here's a higher quality version of the current 3.0 poster. Found it going to the official website on my iPhone. Who would have thought?

Here's the website by the way:
http://evangelion.co.jp/sp/

Let me wrap my head around what this could possibly mean...

A piano. Kaworu's likely motif... This means Kaworu will be doing things that we will not expect. Or not.

If I'm right, it means Kaworu is not going to die this time and is going to play a bigger role than just an angel. It means he could be an instrumentality trigger or that he's gathering the instruments (the children) needed to save humanity from Instrumentality/SEELE. That's all I have for now though.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm having my own little SRW trip right now... in SRW MX Kaworu said that he can't play because he didn't have an instrument, play and instrument were in reference to RahXephon's Instrumentalist and stuff; now it's possible that he has an instrument both metaphorically, the piano of this trailer/flyer, and actually, the Eva Mark 6 could be something more than your regular Eva, it was mentioned that it's been built differently after all.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I'm having my own little SRW trip right now... in SRW MX Kaworu said that he can't play because he didn't have an instrument, play and instrument were in reference to RahXephon's Instrumentalist and stuff; now it's possible that he has an instrument both metaphorically, the piano of this trailer/flyer, and actually, the Eva Mark 6 could be something more than your regular Eva, it was mentioned that it's been built differently after all.

And it can fly at Mach 650 and packs 40 petatons in flight. Your days are counted Gundam...
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:33 pm

zomg teh Rei

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 pm

It's not the smile itself, but Rei's expression looks somewhat weird to me there.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm

^
^
I happened to see the same pic on minitokyo just yesterday, but the animepaper scan that you've posted is bigger, thanks.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:08 pm

I think the new eyes for EVa 08 look oddly awesome, reminds me of that one picture from Serial Experiments lain where we see that suicidal girl with her face full of holes.

It look a lot more "inhuman" than the other EVAs, which just screams plot importance... it looks creepy and cool. and assuming that the face is symmetrical, these are SEVEN eyes. Where else have we seen seven eyes? I'm definitely getting a "face of god" vibe from it, especially with the red standing out against the white...

As for the Piano, yes, it might signify Kaworu, but does that really tell us anything we do not know already? It was already sorta easy to see thast Q would be Kaworu's movie. That he will have a prominent role (and he has to, given all the setup he got in the previous two movies) does not mean that his contribution to the plot will be vastly different, just that it's there.

I say he will probably help to resolve something in the middle of the novie so the new audience and the other pilots, or at least Shinji, get really attached to him so we can all bawl together when he dies.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 pm

New (I guess, maybe I'm wrong) Takeshi Honda's illustrations for a new UCC campaign:

You guys do already know that I can't even express what I'm thinking because of the last pic, right?

K/S pairing apart, you can download the wallpapers in various resolution directly from the campaign's website.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:03 pm

UCC Eva 3.0-branded Coffee, Target Demographic

Heterosexual Males: 75%
Fujoshi: 25%

Looks like Shinji's coffee is spiked. I'm surprised Misato isn't peddling the stuff this time. Actually, more surprised that Kaworu isn't touching Shinji suggestively.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:11 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Fujoshi: 25%

God bless the raising of the fujoshi.
View Original PostReichu wrote:Actually, more surprised that Kaworu isn't touching Shinji suggestively.

So I am, they didn't have to both hold canned coffee in the same illustration after all. :chuckles:
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:36 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:So I am, they didn't have to both hold canned coffee in the same illustration after all. :chuckles:

Since the two aren't actually interacting in any way, it IS possible that they were originally planned as two separate illustrations for two different cans.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:44 pm

Funny how one of the UCC coffee can illustrations has Asuka Shikinami almost groping Shinji instead. I'm okay with this. :tongue:

Really nice how they have wallpapers for the PC, smartphones, and some goodies for Twitter too.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”