What is the post-3I world like?

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:08 am

Vicil wrote:The earth turned red, but the souls went into Rei. There were no souls in the LCL, so it would still be orange/yellow when the earth turned red.

All of the human souls went into the Black Moon through Rei. Show me evidence that the Reis also collected all the plant and animal souls rather than letting them sink into the LCL.

Reichu wrote:Vicil is right about this one.

No he isn't.

Vicil wrote:So that means the ATMOSPHERE is what turnes red.

See Reichu's comment re: I Need You.

But I digress. If all life was suddenly liquified, then the earth would be a barren desert, save for the ever-popular, post-apocalyptic ghost-city.

No, because the plant life all came back instantly, just as soon as the Anti-A.T. Field ended.

So again, if everything is gone, no plants, animals, and Shinji is stranded on a beach, what has he been living off of? This is something I'd really like to know because Reichu's quotes lean toward EVERYTHING dying.

As I said, plants came back instantly, we have visual evidence of that. (See the thread in Reichu's link.) He also could have been raiding convience stores. (I doubt if a bag of potato chips still has any of the original plant's soul; thus it would not turn into LCL.)

And about the rusty nail; couldn't it be possible the nail is rusty because of the tide? Couldn't Shinji have hung the cross on the rusty nail?

They don't give us information like this for no reason, and the reason could only be to show the passage of quite a bit of time.

And what about Asuka's wounds -- or possibly lack thereof. She wants to come back alive, but she feels that she is wounded. So she wants to come back 'fixed.' Maybe the manifestation of the dressings are her way of solving the problem. And before you reply with "If she wants to be healthy, why would she recreate those wounds at all?" Remember that she DOES have bandages all over. If she is fixed, she wouldn't need them, but they are there.

I can only repeat myself: if she recreated those exact wounds she would be DEAD.

EDIT: There is nothing that proves Shinji was on the beach for a long time

See Shin-seiki's comments re: the grave markers, and mine re: the rust.

Souls are red. LCL is already half-way red to begin with, then it is infused with billions of souls. Put 2 and 2 together.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 01:57 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:08 am

thewayneiac wrote:All of the human souls went into the Black Moon through Rei. Show me evidence that the Reis also collected all the plant and animal souls rather than letting them sink into the LCL.

Kaworu refers to the life that inherits the future as 'one'. In a sense, Lilim aren't just us, but everything else that crawled out of the primordial ooze.

Also: "A sacrament to unite God, humans, and all other life forms in death." If the 'other life forms' just go splat by the AATF and sit there, how are they being united with God and humans?

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 02:45 GMT

Vicil [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Vicil [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 am

thewayneiac wrote:I can only repeat myself: if she recreated those exact wounds she would be DEAD.
And I can only repeat myself.

Vicil wrote:Like Reichu says, there is no unspoken rule that you will return 100% intact, Asuka's dressings prove that. It also suggests to me that how you see yourself in your own heart determins how you create your body. She believes she is wounded, but she perhaps believes she will get better. Maybe That is why the wounds are not as severe as the ones that killed her.
You know, I at least put in the effort to read everything someone posts before I nit-pick.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 04:46 GMT

Vicil [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Okay, just for you, (wayneiac, Shin-seki) I checked my sources, I checked it twice. I saw no plants or trees, or grass; I saw charred debris and rubble. The trees you speak of were limbless, broken, and also charred. I saw Misato's cross, and I notice the rust, but there are lots of explanations for it.

thewaynieac wrote:They don't give us information like this for no reason, and the reason could only be to show the passage of quite a bit of time.
A perfectly good other reason could be to show you a clear picture of what the world looks like at ground zero. Image

And as for Shin-seki, what grave markers? I know there are EVAs that have their arms spread, and I see Misato's cross, but I see nothing else I would consider a grave marker. Since I am such a n00b to this forum, can you oblige me with a screenshot that hasn't been removed because of old age?

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 05:29 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 am

Vicil wrote:And as for Shin-seki, what grave markers? I know there are EVAs that have their arms spread, and I see Misato's cross, but I see nothing else I would consider a grave marker. Since I am such a n00b to this forum, can you oblige me with a screenshot that hasn't been removed because of old age?

http://www.evamonkey.com/commentary...7_C461A_big.jpg

The posts sticking out of the ground are improvised grave markers put up by Shinji. (Compare the cemetary where Yui's grave is in #15, and note the comments for this cut in the official Renewal script)

Since the idea that these posts are grave markers seems to be news to you, I suggest you familiarize yourself with MDWigs' site, in particular this part...

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 09:23 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 am

Vicil wrote:Okay, just for you, (wayneiac, Shin-seki) I checked my sources, I checked it twice. I saw no plants or trees, or grass; I saw charred debris and rubble. The trees you speak of were limbless, broken, and also charred. I saw Misato's cross, and I notice the rust, but there are lots of explanations for it.

Lookie, trees!

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 10:49 GMT

Lastie [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lastie [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 am

Well, if the basics for the ecosystem have survived it gives hope for everything else. Lets hope the sheep and cows imagine themselves in their own heart ...

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 11:33 GMT

Vicil [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Good morning everyone. Shin-seki. This url leads to a big red block that says

"Bandwidth theft is not tolerated."

Thanks for the trees, Reichu. I was watching the finale, not the part before it. Image

EDIT: Ok, first off, deleted scenes are of little concern to me. They are often summarized as mistakes made by the writer, and are often taken out for good reason. However, when a deleted scene is a focal point of the director's vision of the story, there is often a Director's cut released. Since I see that there is no alternate ending sequence to view, I would assume that 'One More Final' is the true ending. These alternate sequences only show the evolution of the final scene to it's true from.

#2: I suppose if you were to take those things as makeshift graves, then it would show the passage of some time; I'll buy it.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 16:27 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:09 am

Vicil wrote:Good morning everyone. Shin-seki. This url leads to a big red block that says

"Bandwidth theft is not tolerated."

Thanks for the trees, Reichu. I was watching the finale, not the part before it. Image
The link works fine for me; in any case the shot is included in the linked commentary page.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 16:31 GMT

Vicil [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Working now, thanks.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 16:53 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Vicil, the kicked-down grave is STILL IN THE FINAL. The deleted scene, despite being deleted, accounts for its presence -- ergo it is still relevant if you seek an explanation that was not pulled out of somebody's arse.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 17:10 GMT

Vicil [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

I said I'd buy it, didn't I?

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 17:11 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

No, you said "deleted scenes are of little concern to me."

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 17:13 GMT

Vicil [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

And they are. The deleted scene is not needed to account for the presence of the graves or why it was kicked over. They are in the movie. Other stuff hit the cutting room floor because it was apparently inappropriate for the final scene.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 17:23 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 am

Reichu wrote:As I like reiterating, if one is to identify the two endings, "I Need You" clearly comes after "Congratulations".

More response later in the appropriate thread.

Vicl wrote:but I see nothing else I would consider a grave marker.

Remember the markers at the cemetary where Shinji went in ep#15?
More discussion here:

http://www.animenation.net/forums/s...e=6#post4747088

The active agent who might have done any kicking is of course still not defined in the text as we see it, for all the storyboard says "kicked down".

Reichu wrote:Lookie, trees!

Of course as the background shows, there were still a lot of interesting things going on. Much of the pretty scenery in the foreground is going to be the worse for wear by the time of the finale (how much the worse for wear is one of the things where Reichu and I have to agree to disagree Image)

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 17:27 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 am

I suppose if GNR's body falling into the ocean must result in global catastrophe, then every step an Eva takes must break every bone in her body. After all, anime operates on the principles of real-life physics all the time.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 17:53 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 am

Well, only if an Eva was jumping....Elephants similarly can run, but not jump.

And Reichu's right...this isn't our world, it's Anno's anime world that was based very closely to ours, but not entirely. Sometimes this makes me wonder what'd happen if we applied this extreame method of analizing things based on the real world to tings like Ghibli/Miyazaki films, which at times can be realistc, yet inncorparate imaginative things.....speaking of which...ah nevermind, I'm going off-topic. Image
Edit: I love analizing this series though, but really, can the ending really be explained fully in a why that makes everyone happy? Image What happens when we all agree it's right? I was just thinking about all long it took for people to make the Re-Lilith soul connection, but at least there was a bit more to work with for that theory...

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 17:59 GMT

Digitalex [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Remember the markers at the cemetary where Shinji went in ep#15?
More discussion here:

http://www.animenation.net/forums/s...e=6#post4747088

The active agent who might have done any kicking is of course still not defined in the text as we see it, for all the storyboard says "kicked down".

Ok I read some part of that thread and have a few questions and assumptions...

Assumptions:
1) Shinji has been living on that beach for a while (not sure if it was days or weeks.

2) Someone kicked down Asuka's grave marker.

3) Shinji chokes Asuka when he first sees her.

4) Asuka replies with "Disgusting" - which was due to Shinji getting caught choking his chicken as supported by the seiyuu's interview.

Question:

1) Does anyone else think Shinji kicked the grave marker down? I believe he did because in EoE, he chokes Asuka at what consider the first sight of her. He kicked down the grave prior to her arrival out of frustration.

2) How could Asuka have kicked the grave marker down before Shinji got a chance to choke her? He would have to be asleep when she did this. If so, it means that Shinji was alone all that time or asleep for days. Asuka most likely would have tried to wake him up though. From the look of her condition, she was in no shape to kick it down.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 18:03 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 am

Well, you do realize Evas are thousands (liberal guess) of times heavier than elephants, yes? Image

I guess the point is, real-life physics don't apply if you don't observe the expected result. It's common sense, I would think.

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 18:03 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 am

Yup.
*fillez*

Originally posted on: 14-Jun-2005, 18:05 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”