[Film] The Amazing Spider-Man

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Not to mention the gravy monkey.

Why do my shoes hurt?

spidey401
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spidey401 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Yeah, the SM3 wasn't as good as I hoped it to be as well, but it was decent. But a 4th installation with Carnage huh? Hopefully this one isn't all over the place.

LIGHTFIRELT
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby LIGHTFIRELT » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 pm

None of the previous Spider Man movies have failed imo because all of them did what they were intended to deliver, superhero action with a twist of emotional drama. Emo-Parker furthered the concept of a vulnverable hero.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Some updates on the sequel:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/04/06/sam-raimi-says-spider-man-4-villains-wont-be-announced-until-script-is-finished/

By July we should get some info on the lead villain.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:58 pm

The official poster is here and Sam Raimi expressed interest in putting Morbius in the upcoming fourth film.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp1550.jpg

http://showhype.com/story/spider_man_4_villain_might_be_morbius_the_living/

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Enjoyed the first 2 spidermans, so I'll stay optimistic. I don't like being one of those people that act like one bad entry in a series magically ruins the good parts. 3 had some great moments in it, but it was a big mess thats for sure.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 am

SM3 was a muddled soup of too-many villains (including an unfleshed out Venom) and too much "I love u, no u don't!, that OUR kiss!" crap. it would have been better to skip sandman and focus on Venom.

That said.

SM4 should take not from SM2 and have ONE credible and amazing villain, i.e. Doc Ock, IMO one of the best super hero villain performances ever.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Boo.

Kirsten Dunst is returning as Mary Jane.

Well that's my first personal strike against Spider-Man 4.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/disaster-averted-kirsten-dunst-returns-as-mary-jane-watson-7080

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:08 pm

hate to be devil's advocate here, but what else should happen?

kill off Mary Jane, or come up with another excuse to write her out and leave only Gwen Stacy?

or really go batsh*t crazy and replace Dunst with some other chick who can pull off green eyes and red hair as MJ?

maybe introduce Black Cat in some way as a replacement?

not be an arse here, she got on my nerves during the third film too, but I don't see how best to transition without Dunst
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:51 am

I think they made a big mistake when they didn't do the Gwen Stacy storyline. This would've left more room for developing the Peter/MJ relationship with later films. SM3 sucked all kinds of ass from every conceivable angle. The villains were handled terribly and lacked any of the depth and humanity that those in the first 2 did. That 70s Show kid was a terrible choice for Eddie Brock, who is NOTHING like the Brock in the comics, and Venom really got the short end of the stick in terms of story. But what's worse was the whole "Peter going bad" with the Black Costume. I thought it was quite hilarious that their idea of him being 'bad' was walking in the street with a leather jacket and pointing at people like Fonzie. :rolleyes: :shakehead:

Here's hoping 4 will be an improvement. I always liked Carnage and the whole Symbiote storyline, so we'll see.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:09 am

Kristen as MJ was fine, the problem was they put way way to much focus on the "romance" aspect of Spidey's life. MJ's role really should be toned down. In the comics MJ becomes a very supportive aspect of Spidermans life and not a source of conflict as it was in the last 2 films.

Really no one seemed to hate her till Spiderman 3... it's just another one of those things where everyone takes Spiderman 3 and apply it to the previous films.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Been while since I updated this thread. Sorry for the bump (did not wanted to make a new one), but looks like Vulture is the next choice for the main villain.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/105/1053073p1.html

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm hoping there'll be a symbiote from space that increases Parker's funk level by 300%... There will be a dance scene.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 pm

Sam said he was never a Symbiote fan, and too bad we are not getting The Lizard. Well there are two more sequels after this if the 4th movie does well enough.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:05 am

I don't want to see Venom in another Spider-Man related film unless the director actually fuckin' respects the character

even though Sam mostly redeemed himself with Drag Me to Hell, i'm still fuming that despite making some wild-ass films in the past, he doesn't care for Venom

talk about uber contradiction

now...as long is its actually Spider-Man & not like "Peter Parker 3", I can do okay with it

now...for friggin' sake, get Lizard in the forth film!

Guyver Spawn wrote:looks like Vulture is the next choice for the main villain.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/105/1053073p1.html

i'm sorry, but Vulture is BOOORING

I would take Lizard, Craven the Hunter, Mysterio, Chameleon or hell, even Rhino over Vulture

we want to see Spidey fighting and shooting his web everywhere, no the love problems of Peter Parker, we already know that, just give us action

I agree with this dude. Hell, I want to see Spidey making puns, not moping

leave the angst to our boy Shinji, not Spider-Man (Sure, he mopes in the comic too, but I at least like to see the more sarcastic side of Spider-Man REALLY shine in this one)
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:51 am

Eh. They need to spend less time with the love story, that's for sure. But it should only be used as a bit part to flesh out peter's conflict between his personal life and his extraordinary life. Kinda like how it was used in the first two films, instead of the third film where it almost became One Tree Hill with spider webs.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 am

the lack of focus of Spider-Man (& underutilization of the costumes) in Spider-Man 3 led to me renaming it "Peter Parker 3"

why the mask always came off or got torn in it so many times?

just...why? It's not Spider-Man if what we came for hardly showed up in the film at all
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:19 am

GasmaskAvenger wrote:why the mask always came off or got torn in it so many times?

just...why?

Sam Raimi like seeing emotion in our hero. That's understandable, I guess. And it was kinda touching when it happened in the first two films. But in Spider-Man 3 it got gratuitous very fast.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Seems like the studio didn't learn there first lesson after undermining Sam Raimi in the script stage and forced him to bring in the whole Symbiote Venom stuff.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/12/17/spider-man-4-delayed-working-title-is-spider-m4n-wtf/

For a while I had some hope but it looks like because the studio is going to fudge with the director's vision from the start Spider-Man 4 (refuse to call it Spider-M4N) is going to be a full on retread of the third film.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Spider-M4N

:-{|

Thats pretty bad.

I like what someone said in the comment section.
Doesn't have a completed script? That never stopped a movie studio before. In fact I'm pretty sure Spider-Man 3 still doesn't have a completed script.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Return to “Film and Video”