Eva 2.0 Trailer 1 (HQ), 2 (Crap)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:30 pm

Watching the HQ trailer just now, I think that the two "laying down" scenes, that first with Shinji and that second with Asuka are connected. Whether or not the context is any episode 9 stuff (eg, Shinji's kiss attempt) or something completely different, who the hell knows at this point.

I can see the possible connection. After all, the stuff thats next in front of Shinji could be some of Asuka's stuff she brought or Shinji's stuff.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Told everybody it wasn't Ireul being fired on with polysomes at the prinbow box. That is Sahaquiel in space with her nifty aggressive A.T. Field destroying the NERV satellites as they observe and attack her.
Muahahahaha!!

Second thing, very nice trailer.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:40 pm

The moon thing looks like it's Tabuha Base or whatever it's called- one of the new places mentioned on the poster. Those panels seem to read that.

If you go by the info on the poster as a sort of thin narrative chronology it appears to be in the middle of the film. Right before Sahaquiel arrives. A new NERV monitoring base/Eva-05 Moon training base perhaps?

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:47 pm

So on the Moon thus far we have...

Kaworu
New Base
Possibly a new Eva
Kaworus Eva that comes down from the Moon
That "Angel" that looks like Lilith with a Core.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:56 pm

Hehe. Maybe film 2.0 does end with Third Impact and films 3.0 and 4.0 focus on Shinji and co. trying to stop Fourth Impact from occurring... ON THE MOON!!!!

Master Raven
Adam

Postby Master Raven » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:57 pm

Am I the only one who suspects that skull monster thing is probably an armor-less Eva?

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:59 pm

NEO ness wrote:Well, a few angels come from space with no signs of leaving the earth, only to come noticeable coming from space.

Theory: Since only Seele 01 came and stated that they need to go with the plans of the Dead Sea Scrolls, that maybe the other boxes around Kaworu are Boxes that the new angels are coming from, and Seele is behind more things than it may appear.
that would make sense we never knew where they were coming from so Seele could be sending the angels from the moonbase you made a good point :thumbsup: i wonder if Seele blew up the base that was working on eva unit 04? i wouldn't put anything past them. ;)
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:20 pm

The HQ trailer was amazing and I love it even more each viewing. I can't wait anylong for the second movie to come out (More like another year or two for the US D= ).

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Alright now we can begin to really try to understand things. Thank you for making it possible to view this.

If you slow down the video and then pause it at 45 you see what looks like and I know this is dumb but a chicken or bird like skull Angel with eyes where a chicken or a voucher would have theirs. I thought it was Zeruel but you see him later on.

hmmm..

I notice that too and t he first thing I thought it was Jet Alone but I highy doubt it him. It might be Eva 5 or a new angel made exclusive for the movie?
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:21 pm

And to the pervs who are fully focused on the Boob Animation- Asuka's arm movement dictates less pressure on the mammaries. Meaning they're not being squished.

But like 1.0 I'm sure any little goofs in animation will be fixed just enough for theatrical distribution to make the film a wonder... but leave enough room for minute changes for a 2.01 and 2.11

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:27 pm

The spiny thing looks like one of the Angels from the proposal.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Is it me or do we see Tokyo-3 being sunk during the trailer?

Is it Tokyo-3 at 0:54-57?

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Lucretius wrote:The spiny thing looks like one of the Angels from the proposal.

which one?

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Jinroh wrote:Is it me or do we see Tokyo-3 being sunk during the trailer?

Is it Tokyo-3 at 0:54-57?
it does look that way it could also be after one of the angels are killed and they blow up and but it could be the city getting flooded thats interesting :thumbsup:
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

CATO
Adam

Postby CATO » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:27 pm

After watching the trailer multiple times in slow mode, I've noticed a few things:

- The new angel at least appears to walk like a quadruped (although we can't see the number of limbs). Somehow it reminds me of an elongated rhinoceros.

- The EVAcar has legs that are longer than I expected. They also seem to have multiple joint sites, or at least they are very flexible. Perhaps I should start calling her the EVA Spider-car!

- There's a sequence at the beginning that could be the EVA05 pilot's view from the visor.

- Don't you think the EVAs are too acrobatic?

- Kaworu is looking at me in a lustful and sexy way. He makes me uncomfortable.
"An Andalusian dog in Paris"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:10 pm

We don't need two separate trailer threads, do we? I say split the most recent stuff out of the old one and lock it because it's getting so long.

I'd love to do the new cut-by-cut treatment now, but it'll probably have to wait until my school week is over.

The face does look like an Angel, and somebody we don't know. I did notice that the contours seemed a little "odd" for Zeruel before, but the image was so dark it was impossible to say anything for certain. I like the cute little nostrils.

Quick notes:

- Looks like Eva-00 does get pylons after all. Now we can see the telephone wires she's jumping over, so this does correspond directly to a shot from episode 12.
- The shot of Eva-01 opening her maw -- those don't look like the fake teeth, but they're still red, for some reason. Also, notice the blood flying up? :devil:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:09 pm

Reichu wrote:I say split the most recent stuff out of the old one and lock it because it's getting so long.

Already did that. :tonguegrin:

So it looks as if there's gonna be 2 new Angels in 2.0 based on the one that looks kinda like Matri (but isn't with how it's legs move?) and the one that looks kinda like Zer (but isn't because of it's face) eh? That should be interesting.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Maximilian
Adam

Postby Maximilian » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:41 pm

So with the release of the HQ trailer I noticed some things I hadn't been able to discern from the shitty camrip.

ZOMG, Eva 2 has prog'd swords!!!! .. Or something.

I really like the fact that there is now some sort of physical control on the... uh... controls.

First one is obviously in front of the moon, and I noticed the 01 02 03 etc on that big flat structure... makes me wonder.

And seeing as we can see the Earth in all its redness behind those AT Field explosions, I'm guessing these are spaceships (Spaceships?! More likely satellites or something) attacking Sahaquiel and not Iruel as had been previously mentioned.

Why are we seeing Eva 02's eye like this? I think Reichu mentioned that we saw them in episode 19 originally, but they remind me of berserk Eva 02 as well as dummy plug Eva 01, which is seen at the beginning of the trailer. Judging from the sunset palette behind her, I'm assuming this is from the Bardiel fight, but this time it seems 02 is a much more prominent part of it (or we at least see her getting attacked this time).

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:that giant red eye is Bardiel

Never mind, good call. I just rewatched it, the assumption that it was 02 carried over from the camrip.
Last edited by Maximilian on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:49 pm

that giant red eye is Bardiel

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:51 pm

its most likely 03 jumping on 00, just watched the original episode today and it seems to correlate with that. Although since we get a close up of the eye maybe its from the flip jump onto 01

Maximilian
Adam

Postby Maximilian » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:53 pm

Continued...

Look at the lights on the side of whatever this is. It's moving very quickly through some sort of tunnel. Almost like a snake or something, with the way the skull moves back and forth as it advances. There are several parts of this scene showing in the trailer.

Tanks shooting it.

Eva 5 (right?) attacking it. I really wanna know WHERE this is underground. Jesus Christ, if they're underground outside the Geofront, and Mari is Asuka's friend from Germany, I think we can assume that Anno found that Elder God fanfic and liked it. Definitely.

Shinji after moving into the smaller room once Asuka strikes.

I'm pretty sure these are different from the one of Shinji above, judging on the color scheme. Notice how there's space for ONE MORE? Eh? EHHHH?

(Made that forever ago... Only TRUE fans know what that's from)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”